Just A Dream & A Scavenger Hunt

Do you like me?

Yoonmi heard a door close and her eyes popped open. She furrowed her brows seeing that Giseok wasn’t next to her. As she sat up she noticed that she wasn’t even in his room, she was in her room in Yohan and CSP’s apartment. Carefully, she got out of bed and looked around, that’s when the pain hit. Her head throbbed from meeting the afternoon sun. She walked over to the vanity mirror, only to see that she wasn’t in his clothes either. His white t-shirt was replaced with a black and grey striped tank top and plain navy shorts.

“It was a dream?” she blinked. “A dream?”
Tears formed as she shook her head, It felt too real to be a dream. She grabbed her phone and dialed his number. It went straight to voicemail. A few knocks were heard at her door, “Yoonmi?” Yohan said gently.
She quickly opened it, “What happened last night?” she asked immediately.
He cocked his head to the side, “You don’t remember?”
“I remember something but…I’m starting to think it was a dream…”

He furrowed his brows, “You were pretty drunk, maybe you were dreaming.”
She shook her head furiously, “No, I couldn’t be…It was so vivid.”
“Yoonmi, alcohol does that.” he put a hand on her shoulder.
“No!” she cried out, “I was with Giseok. He-he took me to his apartment because I knew you wouldn’t want to leave early and I didn’t want to be alone.” she breathed, “We-I told him how I felt.” The tears streamed down. “I told him everything.”
He quickly brought his little sister into a hug, “Shh. Shh, Yoonmi, it’s okay.”
“Giseok-He said he felt the same way.” she cried into his shoulder, “Oppa please tell me it wasn’t a dream. Please!”

He bit his lip, he didn’t have the heart to tell her. “Yoonmi, I think you should lie down. I’ll bring you some medicine, you have a hangover don’t you?”
She nodded and did as she was told. As she sat against the headboard she suddenly found it harder to breathe. Her lungs felt like collapsing. The pain in her head couldn’t compare to the pain in her heart. Yohan walked back in with two white tablets and a glass of water. With shaking hands she swallowed the medicine and nearly dropped the glass.

Yohan held her hand as she continued to cry. “Are you s-sure?” she asked.
“Yoonmi, after you finished singing we did a few songs. I couldn’t find you until Kimm came and got me, she said you were in the bathroom. I helped get you out and then you played a few drinking games with the guys. Kimm wrestled you into the car and we brought you home.”
She stared into space, still not believing what he said. “But-”
“Look Yoonmi, you were drunk. I know that you wanted to tell him but, from what I recall you didn’t go near him last night.”
A sigh escaped her lips as she laid back down. He got up and patted her hand.
“I gotta go do some stuff. Will you be okay?” Yoonmi nodded and her side to face the wall. “I’ll be back later.” he frowned and walked out.

 




“Hyung? How’s she doing?”
“She remembers everything.” he said, getting into his car. “But I convinced her that it had to be the alcohol.”
“Good. She already called me once and let me tell you it took everything inside of me to ignore her call.”
Yohan chuckled, “I bet. If this wasn’t planned I would be on way to kill you right about now.”
“I know, but I want this to be perfect.”

“What time are you going to want her there?”
“Around nine but don’t go home before then. I’m having Kangnam pick her up. The dress is in her closet right?”
“Yessir, Kimm put in there this morning.”
“Is CSP at home?”
“He is and is awaiting for the signal to start planting the notes.”
“Perfect. You have no idea how much I appreciate this hyung.”
“No problem kid. I’m just glad that you both feel the same way about each other.”
“You’re not the only one.” Giseok smiled on his end.

 




Yoonmi POV:

I stared at my ceiling until I heard another knock on my door.
“Yoonmi?” CSP peeked his head in.
“Yeah oppa?” I asked.
“I’m ordering some take out, you want in?”
I was about to shoot down his request but the rumbling of my stomach betrayed me.
“I’ll take that as a yes.” he chuckled and closed the door.

I sighed and looked at my phone, it was two in the afternoon. The temptation to call him again was eating me alive. The sound of his voice would bring me to peace again, but at the same time could make me break down. As much as I wanted to believe Yohan that it had just been a dream it seemed terribly wrong. I still had the feel of his lips on my skin, just the thought brought a shiver up my spine. There was no way that was a dream.

I got up and sat on the couch in the living room. What could make this day worse? There was a romance movie on every single channel, I’m not even exaggerating. Titanic, The Notebook, P.S. I Love You, A Walk To Remember, The Wedding Singer, etc. I nearly screamed out of frustration but the sound of the doorbell stopped me.
“Yoonmi, can you get that? I’ll get my wallet.” CSP called out.
I stood up and opened the door. The delivery boy handed me the food, bowed, and walked away.
“Wait!” I called out, but he continued walking towards the elevator.
CSP came next to me, “Where’d he go?” he furrowed his brows.
“He just gave me the food.” I shrugged.

“Woo free food~” he beamed and brought it to the table.
I frowned and looked back into the hallway, seeing that he had already disappeared.
“Aye Yoonmi.” he said, mouth full of food, “There’s a note for you.”
“What?” I turned and he held up a small light blue envelope.
“Maybe there’s a reason it was free.” he chuckled.
I playfully glared at him and took the note.

 
 

Hello beautiful,
Have you gotten over your headache? I hope so.
I can tell that you’re probably wondering who this is.
I will purposely steer you away from my identity until it is time for me to reveal myself…or until you guess who I am.
You should enjoy the food first then soon after check your window sill.
<3


I raised my brow and looked at CSP. “What’s it say?”
“I think I have a stalker.” I replied simply.
He swallowed his food, “A stalker?” I nodded and handed him the note.
“Hmm, creepy.” he handed it back.
“Right?” I looked into the hallway, check your window sill.
I went into my room and opened my window, seeing another light blue envelope taped to the edge.



Go eat, then try again.

I pouted and brought the note back in with me.
“You thought that was creepy, try this.” I showed it to him.
He sat straight up and looked around, “I think we’re bugged.”
“This is what happens when we drink too much.” he clicked his tongue.
“So you guys have had creepy people leave you notes calling you beautiful and what not?” I teased and sat down, cautiously picking at the noodles.

“I wish.” he frowned, “Don’t worry it’s not poisoned.”
“How do you know?” I raised a brow.
“I already ate some of yours.” he smiled.

I chuckled, “Well if this is a time lapsed poison then oh well.” I gave into the hunger and ate quickly to get the next note.
 

Hello again ^^
Now that you’ve completed the first mission, here is your second task:
Take your jacket since it’s a little chilly out and go downstairs, a cab is waiting for you to take you to the next location.


“Mmkay, I officially end this now.” I put the card down and laid back down.
“Let me read it!” CSP ran into my room and read it.
“Don’t give up now…you just started…” he muttered.
“What?” I sat up.
He flipped it to the front, “Oh there’s a back.” he scratched his head.
I took it from his hands to see what was written on the other side.


Don’t give up now dearest, you just got started.

 




“How much?” I asked the cab driver.
“It’s taken care of.” he said, waving me off.
I frowned, “Are you sure?”
He nodded, “Yes, yes child, I’m sure.”
“Okay then.” I blew the air out of my cheeks and got out of the cab.
I looked up to see the park where SC held their first battles.
A smile formed on my face as the memories flooded back.

“Okay~” I said out loud, “I’m here~” I looked around. There were a few people around but none that I recognized.
I pursed my lips and began walking around, recalling all the events that had happened. There was a small clearing in the middle of the trees. We used to watch meteor showers there sometimes when Giseok and Yohan would be able to sneak me out. I stood in the center and heard a bird call, making me turn my head to the left. On the tree fluttered a familiar blue envelope.



Do you remember this place? It serves a very special place in my heart. A first of ours happened here.
Every time I pass by it all that crosses my mind is you. Can you guess who I am now?
Probably not, you were always surrounded by people. Here’s your next task my love: Go back to your old high school.
The hiding place where we used to cut class. Another first happened there.



I put it back into the envelope and but it in my back pocket. The sun was still bright as I made my way onto the school grounds. Whoever this was, was right. People were always around me so I didn’t have a clue. Our ‘hiding place’ was something every student knew about but no one spoke of, at least not during school hours.
The side entrance was unlocked to my surprise, I went inside and walked down the hallway. Under the stairwell was a door to the electrical room, it was always locked though.


I smiled as I stood on my tip toes and ran my hand along the top of the door frame. The key fell, making a light ting against the tile floor. I quickly unlocked the door and made my way to the very back and made a left, at the very bottom was a small door, big enough for us to crawl through. The light shone in from the opposite side end, showing that it was empty. Thankfully I hadn’t grown that much since high school and easily crawled through it. The room we hung out in resembled the inside of a shed. It kept us cool on hot days and warm on cold days. On one of the old rusted tables was another blue envelope.
 

Sorry you had to crawl through, luckily you’re still the same size.
I don’t think that you remember that you used to be afraid of crawling though there because a spider landed on Younghwa one day.
I checked though, don’t worry lovely. As I recall, you thought of this place as Wonderland because of the small door.
You were, scratch that, are so cute Yoonmi. Can’t think of a first that happened here? Don’t worry by the end of it, you’ll remember.
Now, on to the next one: Go down to the old movie theater, directly in front of that is your next clue.



“Why am I doing this?” I sighed as I reached the movie theatre. A quick flash of Giseok and I popped into my head. He held my hand that night, when we got out of the car, when we walked into the movie, while we watched the movie, when Jinsuk drove us home and I fell asleep on his shoulder. We held hands that whole night. That was definitely not a dream. I looked across the street and saw an electronics store. This puzzled me greatly, I don’t recall ever going in there. Was this even here when I was younger? The blue envelope was attached to the window.


You don’t remember this place do you? I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t.
This just proves how much I love you Yoonmi. Trust me by the end you’ll remember everything that happened in these places.
This first was mainly for me though, it was when you made me fall even harder for you, if that was even possible.
Now, the sun is setting isn’t it baby girl? Well you should get back home. There’s another note on the front door. I’ll see you soon~
 




No One’s POV:

“She isn’t back yet.” CSP finished taping the note to the front door.
“Yeah, I’ve been putting them in order.“ he said into the phone, “So far she hasn’t asked any questions so I think we’re good, but it’s almost time.” he plopped down on his bed and yawned.
“So like right after Kangnam picks her up I leave?”
“Okay, well I’ll see you soon then.” he hung up and pretended to be asleep.

By the time Yoonmi got back to the apartment it was dark, with the moon high in the night sky. After getting off the elevator she ripped open the envelope.


You did it beautiful, almost done~
Now, go inside your room. Inside your closet there is a dress for you to wear. It’s up to you how you do your hair and makeup, not that you need to do anything else you’re already as beautiful as you can get. When you’re done turn the lights in your room off, then on, then off, then on. You’ll hear a honk or two, go down and your ride will be waiting to bring you to me.



She walked in and searched for CSP.
“Oppa?” she poked him.
“Huh?” he sat up right away, “Oh, Yoonmi, you’re alive.” he yawned.
She rolled her eyes, “Duh!” she handed him the note.
“Even more creepy, do you want me to go with you?” he asked concerned.
“No.” she bit her lip, “If I need help I’ll call for you guys.”
He nodded, “Be careful dongsaeng.”

The dress brought a smile to her face, this person obviously knew her favorite color. After taking a quick shower she got ready quickly. Letting her long hair fall in loose curls and a small amount of make up to hide the small bags that had formed from the previous night out. Yoonmi took a deep breath as she looked at herself in the mirror.
“If this is a cruel joke, I’ll shoot someone.” she frowned. Deep in her heart she wished that it was Giseok, but that’s something she had wished for so long.
She turned the lights on and off twice, following the instructions of the letter.
Two seconds passed and she head two loud honks from outside.

She closed the door to her room and saw CSP in the living room.
“Whoa, this guy spent some money on you.” he whistled.
A small smile appeared on her face, “You sure you don’t want me to go?” he asked again.
“I’m sure. I’ll call you if anything, and I have mace in my purse.”
“At a girl.” he chuckled and walked her to the door. “Be careful.” he hugged her.

 




“Kangnam?” she furrowed her brows seeing him lean against a sleek black car.
“What’s going on?” she asked him.
“I am not allowed to discuss the details of the event. I am to follow orders and make sure that you make it safely. So please madam if you would enter the vehicle.” he opened the back door.
She stared at him with an amused expression, “I guess…” she got in.

He sat in the driver’s seat and made his way onto the highway.

Yoonmi looked at where he was driving. Whenever she asked a question he would repeated the same lines, so getting anything out of him was useless. As he drove her mind wandered into the places this guy had led her to. The park, school, and that electronics store, and now wherever this next location was. She still had no clue who it could be.
“Here we are.” she heard Kangnam’s door shut and hers’ opened. He held his hand out and she took it.

It was a venue. She knew it, but it had a different name on the sign. Before she entered Kangnam handed her one last envelope. She took it and he quickly went back into the car and drove away.

 

Go inside….obviously.


 She chuckled and entered. “Hello?” she called out, seeing the area completely dark except for a small spotlight with a chair under it. She approached it slowly, the click of her heels echoing. A few sounds made her jump but she maintained her posture until she got to the seat. Carefully she sat on the stool and threw her arms in the air.
“Well, I’m here~” she looked around, “Is there another note or…?”
The dripping of a leaky pipe was heard and she puffed her cheeks out.

“Do you remember this place?” She jumped, nearly falling off the stool.
“Giseok?” she looked around.
“Do you remember this place?” he asked again.
A small smile appeared on her face, it was him. “Uh…Mimi, this is where you answer…”
“Huh?” she tried to find out what direction his voice was coming from.
He let out a sigh, “Okay, the first place.”
“The park.” she answered.
“Do you remember the first that happened there?”

She smiled shyly, “That’s where we first met, before high school.”
“Exactly.” he chuckled. “That’s the day I fell in love with you.”
Yoonmi felt her heart pound against her chest, “The second place?” he asked.
“Our hide out in school…” she thought hard and then smiled again, “The first time I heard you rap.”
“Do you remember the line I rapped to you?” he asked, a hint of shyness in his voice.
“The beauty before me is amazin’, what’s yo’ secret girl? Since I seen you, mind my been crazin’.” she giggled.
“Give me a break, I had just started!” he chuckled. “The third place I’m just going to say since I know you don’t remember. It was the first place I heard you sing.”

Her shoulders deflated, he remembered when and where he first heard me? It touched her heart how much he did love her. “You sang that song by 4Men and-” he sighed, “It was-You are amazing Mimi.”
She blushed, “Now this place.” he continued, “Anything?”
Yoonmi hopped off the stool, “Soul Connection had their first show here.” she remembered. “It was the first time you helped me sneak out. I had talked about wanting to see them, but there was no way that my parents would go for it.”
She shyly dragged her foot along the floor, “You carried me on your back so I could see better even though you were tired.”

Yoonmi’s head shot up as she heard footsteps. “Can you come out now? Please?”
He chuckled, “Do you think this is a dream?” he asked.
“I hope not.” she turned in a circle.
He came into view of the light, a shy smile on his face. She ran over to him hugging him tightly.
“This was the creepiest thing I’ve ever had to do!” she mumbled into his shoulder.
“You still did it though.” he chuckled, rubbing her back.
“Because I prayed that it would be you.” she admitted.

He tightened his arms around her waist. She heard music slowly fade in and the surrounding lights . Yoonmi saw the smiling faces of her friends and she pulled away from him, “Oh hell naw!” she chuckled, “You all knew?”
Yohan stepped forward, “You! I-ughh!” she clawed at him cutely.
“That’s right baby sis, I helped too.” he smiled proudly.
“So I have your blessing right hyung?” Giseok stood next to her and held her hand.
He his teeth, “Hmm, I mean I guess…” he joked.
Without a second thought Giseok gently kissed her, making everyone awe. Yohan grimaced, “Okay, enough of that. Can we just…where’s the alcohol?”

 

 


I have no shame:
'Incredible' - Starring M.I.B's Cream (yet again): http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/132558


/hides