Memories

Do you like me?

Giseok POV:

“Cream? Cream~?” I blinked and saw Kangnam waving his hand in front of my face.
“You alright bro?” he looked at me oddly.
“Y-yeah.” I coughed, “Why wouldn’t I be?”
“You’ve been staring at your phone for the past hour. 5zic and I were convinced that you were trying to move it with your mind.” he chuckled.
I gave him a quick smile, “Nah, I’m good.”
“Hyung.” Sims walked in, “Can we go eat now?”

“Yeah we’re all ready.” Kangnam grabbed his jacket.
“Uhm.” I stood up, “You guys go on without me.” I looked back at my phone.
“Why?” he asked.
“I have to do something, but I’ll see you guys at the show right?”
“You sure hyung?” asked Sims.
I nodded, “Yeah yeah, I’ll see you guys later.”
They shrugged and called out for 5zic to hurry up.

I sighed and sat back down, holding my phone. Maybe I should call her…I scrolled down to her name contemplating whether or not to push the talk button.
“Wait for me guys!” 5zic ran in, grabbing his jacket. “You aren’t going?” he furrowed his brows.
I shook my head, “I got something to do hyung, I’ll see you guys tonight though.”
He shrugged, “Suit yourself.” he quickly chased after the others who were already waiting at the elevator.

I blew a raspberry and tapped my fingers on the glass top of the coffee table. Her picture ID brought a smile to my face. We were at an amusement park that day playing at one of the booths. I made the basketball into the hoop five times, winning her a stuffed Pikachu. She had the biggest smile when I handed it to her. In the picture our heads touched while my arm loosely clung to her waist and hers over my shoulders, our fingers throwing out a V sign.

The screen went black allowing me to see my reflection. Before I could click it again it rang, with her caller ID in big white letters blinked on the screen. I answered it immediately.

“Yoboseyo?” I bit my lip.
“Oppa!” I felt my heart beat faster. Lee Yoonmi, you have no idea what you do to me.
“Y-Yoonmi?” I chuckled lightly, “Are you really back?”
“I am, just got in a few hours ago.”
“When can I see you? I missed you so much you have no idea!” I blurted out.
She giggled, “I’m going to Soul Connection’s show tonight, will you be there?”
The show? That was five hours of waiting.
“Always am, but I don’t think I can wait that long! Can we meet up first?”
I needed to see her as soon as possible. This girl was driving me crazy already and we were just talking over the phone.
“Of course! I’m staying with Yohan for now-”
“I’ll be there in ten minutes!”

I hung up, stuffing my phone in my pocket and grabbed my keys as I ran out. The speed limit was 35, luckily there weren’t any cops since I decided to go nearly 70. I ended up outside his apartment in five minutes, almost tripping over the curb as I got out.

Yohan opened the door with a confused look.
“Hey hyung, is Yoonmi here?” I asked.
He nodded, “Yeah she is.” he motioned for me to stay put.
I stood in the living room looking at the pictures they had up. Yoonmi was in a lot of them, some where she was barely able to walk. There was one that caught my eye, I had it in my room too. It was taken the day I first met her.

It was the summer before we started high school. Soul Connection had barely gotten together and to prove they were the realest around regular battles were held. The sun was setting and people gathered near the Han river. My friend Jinsuk had convinced Sims and I to go and at first I was skeptical but by the end of it, it was one of the best nights of my life.

 

Flashback:

“60 seconds each! Remember boys we’re doing this for the love of rhyme. We’re all friends.”
I clapped along with the others, stepping closer to see who would be battling.
“Now on my left, he’s six foot with amazing y eyes that are proven to impregnate your girl.” he chuckled, “Give it up for TEMPO!”
“Keep it down! If you’ll look to the right, he’s from the SOUL CONNECTION, and that’s enough said in itself, give it up for STILL PM!”

I moved towards the sidewalk and sat down, giving me a better view of the battle.
Still PM had him after two rounds, I was sure of it.
“WOOO! GO YOHAN!” I turned to my left and that’s when I saw her.
She was sitting crossed legged in front of the rest of Soul Connection. Her silky dark hair laid against the red and black SC letterman jacket she wore which was two sizes too big, nearly covering her legs that were fully exposed from the shorts she wore.

“That’s my oppa.” she said with pride.
“Which one?” I asked.
“Still PM!” she beamed, “I’ve never seen you around here before, I’m Yoonmi.”
She held her hand out.
“My name’s Giseok.” I shook it.
We talked for hours, she introduced me to Soul Connection and it turns out she knew Jinsuk since they used to be neighbors.

“Yoonmi.” Yohan came up, “It’s getting late, I don’t want mom and dad getting worried.”
“Okay oppa.” she stood up and dusted her legs off. I stood up as well, trying to search for Jinsuk, hoping he and Sims hadn’t left me.
“I’ll see you later Giseok.” she beamed and hugged me.
No girl had ever hugged me right away like that, but it felt right. That’s when I knew.

 

Every week that summer I would see her. Each time we got closer and closer. Now here we were seven years later except that this time I wasn’t going to hold back.

I heard a door shut and footsteps, I smiled and took off my glasses. “Yoonmi.”
She was just as beautiful as ever, “Hey oppa!” she hugged me.
I held her tightly against me, “I missed you so much,” I whispered.
“I missed you too.” she repeated.
If Yohan hadn’t made any noise I don’t think that I would have let her go.
“Have her at the club in time for sound check.” he said.
“Yes hyung.” I nodded.
I quickly pulled her out, wanting to waste no time.

 




Yoonmi POV:

Giseok and I had our arms linked together as we walked down the streets of Hongdae.
“Hey you remember this place?” he pointed at an old abandoned building.
“Oh my gosh!” I unlinked arms with him and ran to the once used to be movie theatre.
“You helped me sneak out to come watch the first Harry Potter movie.” I smiled.

Flashback:

“There’s a midnight screening Yoonmi, come with us!”
I sighed and closed the door to my room, “I can’t Giseok, you know how my parents are. They haven’t let me out of the house since they kicked Yohan out.”
“Mimi~” he whined. I smiled at his use of my pet name. “Come on~” he pleaded.
“Jinsuk hyung will pick us up. Please~”
I really wanted to go, the movie didn’t even interest me I just wanted to be with Giseok.

“How am I supposed to get past them?” I whispered into the phone.
“Leave that to me, I’ll call you when we’re outside your house.”
“But-”
“We’ll be there in an hour.” he interrupted and hung up.

I sighed and plopped down on my bed. There was no way that I would be able to go.
My closet door creaked as I closed it. I paused, completely paranoid that the smallest sound would make my parents burst into my room. I quickly gathered my clothes and put them in my connecting bathroom. As I got out I heard my phone vibrate.

“Open your window.” he said.
“Okay…” I tip toed and as quietly as I could pushed it up.
“BOO!” he climbed through.
I jumped and covered my mouth, “Don’t do that!” I whispered hitting his shoulder.
“Why aren’t you ready?” he frowned.
“Yoonmi?” My eyes widened hearing my mother’s voice.

He gulped, “What do I do?” he whispered.
“Closet!” I quickly closed the window and jumped into my bed.
“Yoonmi?” she opened the door.
“H-hey umma.” I blinked.
“Your dad and I heard noises, you okay?” she asked.
I nodded, “Mhm, I’m good.”
She looked around my room, her eyes stopping at my closet. The door was slightly ajar and I panicked.

She closed the door fully. My shoulders deflated as I breathed again.
“Good night sweetheart.” she kissed my forehead.
“Good night.” I smiled. She turned off my lights and closed the door.
I waited a few minutes before getting out and opening the closet door.
Giseok sat on the floor, he looked up at me, “I was so scared I almost pissed myself.”
I muffled my laugh, “I’m gonna change okay?”
He nodded, “I’m just gonna stay in here.” he chuckled weakily.

“OHHHH! Look at that Lee Yoonmi the good girl gone bad~” Kimm teased.
I frowned as Giseok opened the back door for me.
“What took you guys so long?” whined Jinsuk. “Doin’ something bad~” he wiggled his eyebrows.
“Don’t corrupt them!” Kimm punched his arm. “They’re still babies!”
I felt my face heat up as I buckled my seatbelt.
“Hyung.” Giseok rolled his eyes, “Can we just get going? We still need to pick up Hyunchul.”
“Yeah yeah yeah.” Jinsuk looked in the mirror checking if he was free.

“Yup.” he chuckled, “That was a fun night.”
“You think that our tag is still in the alley way?” I asked brightly.
He gasped, “I forgot about that, let’s go check!” he grabbed my hand, leading the way.

I laughed, “Good times.”
The colorful spray paint was still there. In yellow were the words ‘SCinc’ were outlined in blue. Alongside that, in red block letters outlined in black, was Jinsuk and Kimm’s tag that read ‘New Block Babyz’. The last one was done by Giseok and I. It was purple with a drip effect dedicating it to his group ‘M.I.B’. Under it was the date along with our initials.

I froze feeling his breath right next to my ear. Being this close to him after so long still made my heart race. I inhaled sharply as I felt him wrap his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder, “That was so long ago.” he murmured.
“It was.” I said quietly.
We stayed like that for what seemed like an eternity, not that I minded it.
My stomach growled, he chuckled and patted my stomach, “Let’s go eat.”


 




 Giseok POV:

“I’M SUCH A BIG FAN OPPA~!” I chuckled as I signed another notepad.
“Thanks.” I smiled, making the girls squeal again.
They giggled as they walked away. Yoonmi stood awkwardly, waiting for me to finish.
“Looks like you’ve become quite the player.” she chuckled.
I raised my brow, “Player? Lee Yoonmi do you know me at all?”
She shrugged, “It’s been three years Giseok, people can change.”

“Ouch.” I chuckled. “That actually hurts Mimi.”
She looked down, “You haven’t called me that since we were in high school.”
“I’m the only one who calls you that.” I smirked.
“Your point?” she looked at me.
“I haven’t changed a bit kid. If I seem like a player then trust me you’re the only who thinks that.” She tilted her head.
“It’s all an image, swear.” I assured.
“Can we eat now?” I pouted.
She giggled, “Yes, I’m starving.”

We ordered our food and sat down. “Are you gonna tell me now?” I stared at her.
“Tell you what?” she played innocent.
“Come on Mimi, I may have not gone to college but I know that law school is longer than three years.”
She sighed and propped her elbows on the table, “I failed.”
I furrowed my brows, “Wha-”
“I flunked out of law school.” she repeated, “I brought dishonor to the family!” she muttered sarcastically.

“Mimi.” I held her hand.
She sniffed, “Please don’t cry.” I moved to the chair next to hers and hugged her.
“I haven’t told my parents yet.” she mumbled into my chest.
“It’s okay.” I kissed her head, “It’s okay.”
She sat up and blew her nose on a napkin. I leaned in and wiped a few of her tears.
“Thank you.” she looked down.
“For what?” I smiled.
“For always being there.” she looked at me, “Seriously Giseok I don’t know what I would’ve done without you.” she put a hand on my leg.

We stared at each other. Now! Do it now! The voice inside my head pleaded for me to say it. “Yoonmi-”
“And here we are, a number seven.”, the waitress placed Yoonmi’s food in front of her.
“And a number fifteen.” she moved in between us and slowly put my plate down.
“Anything else?” she batted her lashes at me.
I turned to Yoonmi who rolled her eyes, “You need anything else babe?” I smiled.
She gave me a weird look but went along with it, “No babe I’m good.” she beamed.
The waitress frowned, “No thanks we’re okay.” I said to her. She nodded and walked away.

Yoonmi nudged me, “We haven’t done that since sophomore year!” she giggled.
I chuckled, “I know, I have to admit it was funnier this time.”
“Well that’s because Hyuna almost attacked me.” she recalled.
“Hey, I saved you!” I said defensively, “Remember?”

 

Flashback:

“Oppa~” Hyuna hugged me from behind.
“Uh, yeah?” I carefully took her hands off and turned around.
“Oppa.” she smiled, “Did you read my note?” she put her hands behind her back.
“I did.” I said seriously.
“And~?” she widened her eyes.
“Hyuna.” I sighed, “I don’t like you in that way…”

Her smile disappeared, “W-what?”
I saw Yoonmi open her locker behind her. “Besides…I have a girlfriend anyways…”
“Who?” she asked angrily.
I smirked and walked towards her, “Oh Yoonmi~”
She turned around, “Hey Giseok.” she beamed.
I hugged her, “Just go with it please.” I whispered in her ear.
I pulled away and put my arm around her waist, “How has my princess been?”

She giggled shyly, “Oh oppa~” she hugged my waist. “I’m no princess.”
“Of course you are.” I said proudly.
“HER!?” Hyuna stomped her foot, “HER?! WHY HER?!” she yelled.
Yoonmi yawned, “Oppa. Will you walk me to class?”
“Sure babe.” I kissed her cheek.
Hyuna gasped, “Oh you-” she charged towards Yoonmi.
“Whoa! Hold up.” I yanked her back.
She huffed and glared at me, “You’ll regret this Kim Giseok!” she yelled.

Yoonmi covered , laughing against the lockers, “Are you okay?”
She nodded wiping the tears from her eyes, “Oh, that was funny.” she sighed.
I smiled, “Thank you for that. She’s crazy.”
“You kissed me.” she blinked.
“I-I had to.” I stuttered, “She…she would’ve thought I was lying.” I rubbed the back of my neck.
She came closer to me, “You’re blushing.” she smiled.
“Wha-No I’m not.” I touched my face.
She giggled and stood on her tip toes and pecked my cheek.
I was sure that I was red faced by now.
“She was still looking.” she said quietly. “I’ll see you later.” she smiled


 




Yoonmi and Giseok walked a few blocks before stopping at an ice cream shop.
The sun had already set and it wasn’t long until they had to make it for sound check.
They stopped at a bench and sat down.
“Yoonmi?” he looked at the pavement.
“Yeah?”
Giseok sighed, “I-”
Her phone rang, “It’s Yohan.” she bit her lip.
“We should probably get you over to the club. You got a show tonight.” he smiled.