Back to Seoul

Do you like me?

“Lee Yohan!” I jumped into my older brother’s arms.
“Lee Yoonmi!” he chuckled.
“I missed you big brother.” I kissed his cheek.
“Gross.” he put me down and wiped his face. I frowned and slapped his shoulder.
He chuckled again, “May I ask why the golden child is returning?”
Reality came back, I hadn’t told my parents that I would be coming back home I only told Yohan because he wouldn‘t ask questions if I told him to pick me up from the airport.
There was no way that they would even speak to me again if they found out I flunked out of law school, I’d be disowned.
“Yoonmi?” he gave me a puzzled look, “Everything okay?”
I blinked remembering he was there, “Uhm, is there somewhere we can talk?”

--

“You didn’t tell them?” he leaned back in his seat.
“I can’t!” I drew shapeless patterns on the table, “You’d think that they would even hear me out?”
He sighed, knowing how our parents were.
“I’m just not cut out to be a lawyer.” I shrugged, “Let’s be honest I haven’t had any control of my life ‘til now, mom and dad just shipped me off right after graduation. I know I should feel disappointed but, I dunno…I kind of feel good about it.”

“Okay.” he leaned forward, “You can stay with me and CSP.”
“YES!” I clapped excitedly.
“But! But, you have to talk to mom and dad on Monday, no excuses.”
I pouted and crossed my arms, “You really know how to kill my mood bro.”
“Yoonmi.” he raised his brow.
“Fine.” I gave in, “I’ll talk to them.”
He nodded, “Now, I told all the guys that you were coming back and they want to see you. So we should get going.”

--

“Yoonmi!” Yongguk lifted me off the ground. “My favorite sister~” he twirled me around.
“I’m getting dizzy!” I giggled. “Put me down.”
He set me down, after steadying myself I greeted the rest of Soul Connection. I had known them since I was young, I even went to school with Yongguk. They had always treated me like a younger sister.

“Are you coming to our show tonight?” asked Kuan.
“Of course!” I beamed.
“Perfect!” said CSP, “Miryeo noona can’t make it, can you fill in?”
“Wait, and sing?”
They nodded, “You’ve always had a voice Yoonmi.” said Yongguk.
“I dunno guys, I haven’t sang in a while.” I raised my brows.
“Well you can practice for with us at the club at sound check.” suggested Maslo.

I looked at Yohan, “You know you want to.” he chuckled, putting an arm around my shoulders.
“I’ll try it!” I said.
They all cheered, “Yoonmi’s back~!”

 




 “Cream are you ready yet?” Kangnam called out.
“Almost.” I whined, continuing to debate on what to wear.
“Hey, did you guys hear?” SIMS looked at his phone. “Yoonmi’s back.”
I dropped both of the jackets I had in my hands and turned, “What?”
“Yeah, she just got in, PM just texted me.”

Lee Yoonmi, I haven’t seen her in three years. The last time I saw her was the day we graduated from high school, we only got to see each other for an hour before she had to leave. She was the only girl that made my heart beat fast, the only girl that made me nervous with even the simplest act of brushing her arm against mine. Whenever I would see her it would give me a reason to smile her, in short I was in love with her.

I never got the chance to tell her though, mainly because of the fact that I knew how her parents would react to her being with someone like me. When Yohan hyung told his parents he wanted to pursue music his father straight up said that he was dead to him. They didn’t want Yoonmi to do the same, which was a loss because she had the most amazing singing voice. But Yoonmi was smart, she would go somewhere in life. I didn’t know that it meant her parents sending her away.

That one hour she spent with us she didn’t stop crying. She went up to each and every one of us and told us how much she would miss us, that we’d always be in her heart. I was the second to last person she spoke to, the last being Yohan. I would never forget her words, because I thought that it would be the last one’s she ever spoke to me.

Flashback:

“Oppa.” she sniffed. “I don’t think I can say goodbye to you.”
I held on to her hand, “You’ve always been there for me, for everything. You know things about me that Yohan doesn’t even know. Oppa, convince me not to go.”
She cried on my shoulder as I held on to her tightly.
“Yoonmi.” I said softly, “I don’t want you to go either but, you can’t disappoint your parents.” I her hair. “Don’t worry about us, we’ll always be here whenever you come back.”
“If I come back.” she sighed.
“You will.” I pulled away and looked at her, “You’ll come back, and you’ll be the most successful lawyer ever!”
She chuckled and looked down shyly, “You’re just saying that.”
“Maybe I am, but hey give it a shot.” I smiled, “Like I said, we’ll all be here waiting for you.”
“I love you Giseok.” she said.
“I love you too Yoonmi.” I smiled.
In my mind she would didn’t mean it the way I did. I kissed her forehead when the door opened.

“Yoonmi.” Yohan said sadly, “Mom and dad are downstairs.”
She pulled away from me and wiped her tears, “I’ll be down in a minute.”
He nodded and closed the door.
I pulled her into a tight hug again, “I’ll miss you.” I mumbled.
“I’ll miss you more.” she smiled sadly.

 


 

“How’s Giseok?” I asked.
“I was wondering when you ask about him.” Yohan chuckled.
I sighed, “Well?”
He shrugged, “He hasn’t changed, still the dumb kid you fell for.”
“He’s not a dumb !” I raised my voice. “He’s actually very smart!”
“Don’t get all defensive now!” he teased.
I pouted, “Leave me alone~”
“I’m sorry, but whenever I insult him you still defend him you haven’t changed a bit.” he patted my hand.

“I shouldn’t be like this should I?”
“Like what?” I furrowed my brows.
“Allowing you to go after a boy, shouldn’t normal brothers steer you away from them?”
“You’ve never been normal Yohan, but you haven’t made it easy either.”
“Yeah I know, I scared a lot of guys off didn’t I?” he scrunched up his nose.
I shrugged, “You think I would have given them a chance? Even if you hadn’t I’d still be waiting for Giseok.”

After he and CSP helped me move my luggage into one of the rooms I plopped down on the couch. I bit my lip, staring at my phone. Should I call him? I haven’t had contact with him since I left, would it be weird if I just suddenly did? What if he changed his number? I shook the thought away and tossed my phone into my bag. But it continued to haunt me, I grabbed it and ran into the restroom.

“Yoboseyo?”
I inhaled, I missed his voice, “Oppa!” I said brightly.
“Y-Yoonmi?” he chuckled, “Are you really back?”
I nodded, “I am, just got in a few hours ago.”
“When can I see you? I missed you so much you have no idea!”
I giggled, “I’m going to Soul Connection’s show tonight, will you be there?”
“Always am, but I don’t think I can wait that long! Can we meet up first?”
I smiled brightly, “Of course! I’m staying with Yohan for now-”
“I’ll be there in ten minutes!” He hung up quickly.

I silently squealed and jumped up, making a few of the items on the sink counter fall.
“Yoonmi? Everything okay?” CSP asked from outside the door.
“Y-yeah, I’m good oppa. Just dropped a few things.” I quickly picked them up.
He chuckled, “Okay kid.” I heard his footsteps as he walked away.
I looked in the mirror and silently gave myself a pep talk, “You have to tell him, you have too. You’ve waited almost seven years to tell him and now you have nothing holding you back.”

I heard a knock come from the front door. “Cream?” I heard Yohan ask.
I stopped breathing, trying to hear their conversation. “Hey hyung. Is Yoonmi here?”
“Yeah she is.” I jumped and exhaled as he knocked on the bathroom door.
“Yoonmi, someone’s here to see you~”
I blushed and yanked the door open. He was grinning as he motioned to the living room.
Slowly I walked out. He stood in the middle of room looking at one some of the pictures they had hung up.

His hair was styled in a Mohawk with a tint of purple. Yohan was right, he hadn’t changed a bit, the letterman jacket he wore fit his slim muscular frame, jeans hung low on his hips, his shoes matched the color scheme from his jacket. He turned to face me, a smile slowly forming on his face as he removed his sunglasses. His eyes, oh his eyes.
“Yoonmi.” he grinned.
“Hey oppa!” I ran to hug him.
He wrapped his arms around me tightly, “I missed you so much.” he whispered.
“I missed you too.” I beamed.
“AHEM.” Yohan coughed awkwardly.
We quickly pulled apart, and looked at him.
“Have her at the club in time for sound check.” he eyed us.
“Yes hyung.” he said obediently, he then turned to me, “You ready?”
I nodded excitedly, “Come on!” he grabbed my hand, pulling me out the door.