Episode 07

The Unspoken Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The nights were really long and the days were so slow... Sleepless nights reminded him thousands of times how stupid he was at his college years. Even though it was the best decision at that time, right now, he knew he regrets enormously running away from her like that. Now he knows, he was selfish towards his own feelings and just ignored how she would feel after everything revealed and about his disappearance.

Jason laid back on his bed again. This's the fourth day after their meeting at the bus stop. The entire sky filled with stars and there was no single dark cloud but his mind was not clear as such.

'Knock............. knock............. knock................'

He lazily got down from the bed and open the door of his room. Willy was there.

"What happened, Jason?" Willy followed him to his bed. His room was a mess and so he was.

"I thought you didn't see my message" Jason replied.

"Sorry, I was in a meeting with the supervisor. Today is my night shift. I asked one of my colleagues to cover it for me and run back to you" Willy replied.

"Thanks, buddy"

"Tell me, what happened? You said you met her..."

"Hmmm...."

"Then?"

"She cried...." Jason mumbled.

"Sera cried???? I can't believe. She is not emotional like back then. I met her coincidentally a few months ago at a café. I think I told you about it. She was so strict and on point"

"Hmmm.... I remember you told me"

"Then.... Tell me the whole story" Jason explained everything. Willy was shocked to hear.

"Jason!"

"It's not she only cried, she confessed too..." Willy said with widened eyes.

"What? A confession?"

"Stupid... Remember again and again what she said. She mentioned that she lived as you asked. She didn't find you back because you asked not to find you. She asked you not to act like the victim and hurt because she's also hurting for the last three years and she's also a victim just like you."

"And, Willy.... She never says that word 'Jerk' to me when she's not only angry but hurt" Jason completed the narration.

"Why didn't I think about it so far?" He looked at Willy with shocking eyes.

"Jason! look here.... Tell me this very clearly"

"What?"

"Do you really want her or is it the pain of separation?"

"What?"

"It has passed sometimes. And your separation was really painful. Maybe you want to see her because you feel guilty towards her...That's what I mean" Willy asked looking at his thoughtful eyes.

"Then, if it's only for the guilt and pain, why does my heart raised every time when I meet her. Even without my knowledge why my eyes running to find her?" Willy sighed.

"I know Willy, what I did was back then was wrong. Even though I thought I did my best to her, I think I was selfish towards my feelings. I was a coward who ran away from the truth."

"Look here Jason, you did everything for her sake. You didn't cheat her. You didn't take advantages from her. You suffered alone to make things easy and suitable for her. Therefore, don't blame yourself like this" Willy said pitting his buddy's shoulder.

"But, I broke her heart" Jason muttered.

"Listen, think what Sera said. She may want you to come to her and explain the things in a correct manner. She may wait for that. Therefore, see her again and solve this puzzle and get out from this hurt.... And what is this place? This is like a chicken shed. Move to somewhere good. If you don't have money, I will help as much as I can..."

"I am alright with this..." Jason said simply

"At least stuck to this workplace at least for few years and look out your patience and your stubbornness, Jason! You can't run like this. You need a permanent job."

"Hmmm... Sometimes, I feel like I am not in my correct mind. Sometimes, I don't know how should I control my anger..."

"That's the point. And you need to concentrate on higher studies as well. At least, then you can apply for senior coach position"

"Money is the problem, Willy.... Let's see"

"If you could properly graduate just like us, this doesn't happen to you" Willy sighed.

"But, seeing her in that way, I am pleased" he faintly smiled.

"The key to your life is with her. Go to her, talk to her and free from this burden" Willy said confidently.

"Tomorrow, I will see her..." he said feebly.

"I am going out of town tomorrow. I will keep my cycle here." Willy said newly.

"Oh! That's good news"

"Hey! It's just a cycle"

"So, what?"

"Then, use it while I am gone. But, don't break it, if you break it, I will break your bone" A playful smile came Jason's lips.

"My bone?" he asked with the same smile.

"I thought of breaking your bone, but, then I feel sorry for that girl" Willy laughed.

"What?" Their serious talk transferred to boy's jokes within an instant.

"Then, again, I felt sorry for you too..." While laughing Jason wrapped his strong arms around Willy's neck playfully.

"Hey...... let me go, you moron" Willy shouted trying to escape from his grip.

"You don't know about her, you badass... Back then, she loved my sincerity! My heart!" Jason released the grip while answering.

"Are you sure? Willy stood up with a boyish smile

"What?"

"You don't need to teach swans how to swim. Just put them in the water, and then they cross a river......Stupid!" While stepping back one by one Willy yelled hilariously with the same boyish smile.

"What did you say you ert? Wait till I catch you...." Jason jumped out from the bed. Without waiting for a second, Willy ran out from the room before he was caught. Their laughs spread over nature.

"I am leaving. Have a good time with her" Jason stopped at the doorstep and waved his hand to her buddy. An unknown happiness raised in his heart with the jokes they shared. A boyish feeling and a chill down his spine just rolled down sensing a goose-bump in his entire body in this night. He leaned against the door pole and kept his head on it while closing his eyes. Her beautiful image was drawn in his mind. The moment he hugged her and the feelings he sensed at that very moment, made him felt goose-bumps again and again with an innocent boyish smile on his lips.

"I miss you........." he whispered to the silent dark sky.

..........................................................................................................

In every dream, he was there. Even though those dreams were different from one another, finally she met him eye to eye at the end and she woke up with a sudden heart raise. Sera checked the time again. It was around five o'clock in the evening. This was the fifth time she woke up after dreaming about him for the entire evening.

"What's wrong with me? I am having a nap in an evening after so long and still, I am dreaming..." She yelled at her while running her fingers through her hair.

"I should not have slept this much" She mumbled herself again while sitting on the bed. Even on Saturdays, she used to work the full day but Sera came home half a day today. Her mind was not clear for further concentration. For the last three hours what she tried to do was sleeping but it was interrupted by him and now she's tired.

Jumping out from the bed, she had a quick wash and dressed a black bottom, with a sleeveless white V-cut T-shirt. Wearing a light blue jersey on it, she wore her jogging boots at the next minute.

"Exercising help for concentration" she mumbled while tied her hair on the top as a ponytail with a hairband.

She walked towards the river band aimlessly. Since it's the weekend, the jogging area was filled with people and she was just one of them. She started jogging at a slow pace. She wanted workout her body so her mind also will relax.

"I missed you...a lot...... I want you to know it"

His words repeated in her ears again. She recalled his face suddenly. That night, the way he remained while looking at her!

'I should run, walking doesn't help' she mumbled herself and started running. The sunset was amazing in the river band. Multi colours of the almighty sun have spread all over the sky and it was like an art. She stopped for a while and looked at the sky. A flock of birds was flying like a marching-code up in the air.

'There is only one girl who can make my heart flutter'

His words three years ago recalled her mind once again. A sudden gasp felt within her.

"I should run"

She mumbled herself while starting running again. She was tired already, but she scared to stop. The moment she stops, she reminded him again and again. Her legs began to hurt. It was already one hour she was running at a stretch.

She stopped at the river band and leaned over the bridge. She remained looking at the sky which was lonely without the sun. the sun was not anymore there to lighten up.

"What's wrong with me?" she asked herself but there's no answer. A sudden desire of seeing him raised within her.

"Am I crazy? What I am thinking of?" she mumbled again.

Remaining like a statue she let her eyes wandered here and there. She was like a lost cat. Everyone around there was in their own worlds and talks and she was all alone. A deep sigh and a long breath just jumped out from her when her eyes caught someone familiar.

Sera remained looking at the way he was coming. Just like the college days he is handsome. No.... more than that, he is handsome now. He's well-built and matured physically. The cycle was ridden towards her and she knew it will stop just in front of her.

Jason stopped the cycle just as she knew. Without a smile or without a word, he remained looking at her. He sensed something different today from her. Something a familiar vibe from her!

"How do you know I am here?" surprising him a lot she initiated the conversation.

"I went to your office. Ms. Neli said you left home. Then I went your home, a neighbour said she saw you left out wearing jogging clothes. So, I guessed you must be there" Jason explained.

"Neli must have been disappointed" she replied oddly.

"Why?"

"She is interested in you. Don't you know?" Sera asked looking at those blank eyes.

"I must be slow. I didn't know" Jason said surprisingly.

"She is a good kid. Don't break her heart too" A feeling which he has not seen ever appeared in her eyes. And he was able to understand her words like plain water. He parked the cycle next to him and stepped to her.

"Sera!" With the same sight, she remained staring at him.

"I am not interested in your assistant. You know that"

"How do I know?" she asked blankly.

"You know me"

"I thought I was..." She said with the same tone

"Shall I apologize to you? If I apologize sincerely, then will you accept my apology?"

"For what you want to apologize?"

"For hurting you. For lying you. For breaking you. For making things difficult for you. And, for being a coward and a jerk to you so far..." Sera remained while staring at his face. Not like other days, today she was calm...

"I will listen to you" it was her answer.

"Huh! What?"

"I ignored you because I don't want to listen to you But, today I will listen to your story..." she said like a stoned statue just looking at him.

"Really? Are you?"

"Hmm.... I am"

"Why? Why do you want to listen to my story?"

"There was no one for me to listen to me when you left like a wind without a word. I know how difficult to bear everything on own. I listen to your words and I read your letter on my own and I tried to understand you up to that point. I believed that's what you wanted... But, for the last three years, there must be a story remaining with you which were unspoken yet. So, I will listen to you now. Speak to me and free from your burden, Jason"

A sudden melt in his heart and a huge ache in his emotions! Her blank eyes and empty expressions were crushing him so much in this purple evening.

"When I met you last Monday, I understood there must be a story which was still unspoken. Throughout the week, I thought about it and I decided to listen to you when I meet you again. Even though this is an unexpected visit,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter