Episode 05

The Unspoken Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't want diamonds or the world, I just want you to hold me and call me your girl"

She read the same sentence more than ten times until she feels what it means. The novel she borrowed from the town library was not able to finish yet because of her busy routine. It was only thirty pages she has read it.

"Ms. Sera, can you please have a look and approve this? We need to send this to the client before tomorrow" Neli handed over the sketch of the proposed building. She kept the book on the side of her desk and looked at her.

"Seem to be we all have to work tonight..." Sera said loudly letting all her staff know while looking at the sketch.

"Ok Madam"

"I will come back to you later Neli...I have a lot to go through" she said showing the pile of files on her desk.

"Ok, Madam. Until that, I will start working on the next sketch"

The clock of the office stated that it was already nine o'clock and Sera was working yet without considering the time. The staff of her was murmuring here and there and she was not in a concentration for them. She was totally into her work.

"Ms. Sera is nothing but a workaholic. See the time now, at what time we can go home?" The staff was muttering when Neli who is the first assistant to Sera decided to come and talk to her boss.

"Ms. Sera, excuse me" Sera raised her head.

"Yes, Neli"

"It's already nine o'clock," she said in a feeble voice.

"Oh!" she looked at her watch. Time runs so fast.

"Have you all finished your targets for the day?" she asked standing up from her seat.

"Here they are" Neli kept another pile of files on her desk.

"All completed?" Sera asked.

"Yes, Madam"

"Ok, then you all can leave" She sat again on her chair opening new files.

"Madam! What about you?" It was Neli again.

"Don't worry about me. I have to finish all this tonight. Especially the project of Nestage College" She said with a slight smile.

The time was running without her knowledge. Just like every day, today's the same for her. For the last three years what she has done was only working. She was able to renovate the restaurant for Aunt and re-construct her old house. But, she lives in an apartment which closer to her working place. Her hometown has abandoned by her already. Time to time, she used to visit Aunt but with the busy schedule, she was unable to see her for the last six months.

Passing a yawn, Sera completed the last file and placed the seal of approved on it. Her eyes caught the book next to her again. Opening the page with the bookmark, she read the sentence again and again.

"I don't want diamonds or the world, I just want you to hold me and call me your girl"

'It's a cheesy line' she said to herself without any expression. 'Who else reject diamonds for anything?' she murmured again.

Without a reason, she closed the book and leaned against the computer chair and began to swing. Even though she noticed that the time was around eleven o'clock, she didn't care about it.

Holding the arms of the chair and letting it swing, she closed her eyes. She passed a long sigh to the air and started muttering.

"Another day has passed. Life is nothing but working..." It was her mantra which she says every day after her work.

.....................................................................

Every day is like a marathon. And she was willing to run. She loved her life being busy always. And that's only the goal she had so far for the last three years.

Her past and the people who connected to her past were not in her mind anymore. Deliberately she has forgotten them while abandoning her hometown as well. She has moved from those heart-breaking memories and she believed she did it so well.

Her small white car stopped at the parking slot of Nestage college. She checked the time and aware that she was not late for the appointment. Adjusting her bangs and combing her long hair once again, she looked through the front mirror before getting down from the car. She was confident.

The college was not busy because it was the evening time. She has agreed to the appointment in an evening time because she wanted to examine the proposed building architectural sketch without an interfere of students.

"Please come this way" Sera walked towards the constructing area with Mr. Nelson.

"This is the building..." he said again. She opened her drawn sketch and examined.

"I think few changes have to be done for the original sketch..." she said after listening to Mr. Nelson's requirement.

"Yes. I think the same. And we are renovating the laboratory and Jim as well. So, hope you can do all the architectural work for those too"

"My Pleasure" she smiled while walking towards the laboratory and Jim. Once examining the laboratory and jotting down the notes as per Vice Principal, Mr. Nelson, they walked towards the Jim. But, it was so noisy.

"I thought there would be no one in the Jim as well. I wonder whether it's alright to examine the area since students are still occupying the premises" she said entering to the Jim with Vice Principal which was a large premise.

"It's alright Ms. Sera. Don't worry about it" She walked with him.

"I prefer to take few more details, Mr. Nelson. In fact, this is our first time doing architectural work for a Jim" she said with a smile.

"Then, for more details, I think the best person is not me. It's good if you talk with the coach"

"I would love to"

"I wonder where he is" Mr. Nelson threw a wide glance over the premises to find the coach. Since still the students were practising and exercising it was a busy time.

"Oh! There he is" he spotted the young man with a smile.

"Excuse me... Mr. Jason!!!" He shouted while clapping as a signal.

'Jason!!!!!Jason!!!!' his words repeated in her ears suddenly. Passing her eyes towards the same direction as Mr. Nelson, Sera spotted the young man who was practising athletic students.

"Mr. Jason! Mr. Jason!" With the call, the young man turned back and found the caller. His eyes caught Vice principal over there. Giving a break to his students, he began to run freely towards Mr. Nelson.

Sera remained silently while staring at the guy who was running towards them. His hair was cut short and he has grown up. The black sleeveless sporty T-shirt and the long bottom with matching boots captured his masculine handsomeness totally. She knew it was him. It was the guy who asked her not to find him ever and walk only her own path. She recognized him with one glance but she was not nervous. She was just frozen.

"Yes, Mr. Nelson" Jason stopped at him and then only his eyes passed to the young woman next to him. His eyes got widened suddenly.

"Mr. Jason! This is Ms. Sera and she is from SNS Architecture firm. She is the one who is going to perform all architectural service hereafter. She needs more details about the requirements of the Jim and I think the best person for that is you"

The gap between them was around two to three feet. The same girl and the same boy who used to be their shadow were just standing there staring at themselves like dumbs. His sudden heartbeat and the surprise expressions were clearly shown on his face whereas her entire facial expressions were blank.

"Mr. Jason!" When the silence was spreading without a word Mr. Nelson called his name again.

"Ah!!! Yeah!!"

"By any chance, do you know each other?" sensing something strange Mr. N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter