Episode 04

The Unspoken Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If the words are enough she would have written hundreds of diaries so far for the past few hours. But, the words which she wanted to express were not ready to come out from her. She was like a dumb and stone lamb. The wall old clock stated that it was already four o’clock in dawn but Sera was still in her bed without being able to sleep.

   

The happenings occurred a few hours back were like a dream to her. She never knew that he had a key which would be able to lock her and froze her entirely in this way. When her shoulders felt like trembling with the memories, she wrapped herself tightly in the blanket and felt her own nervousness gradually.

‘Is this what I am supposed to do?’

His words repeated in her ears continuously. She felt a desire of seeing him eye to eye once again. His emotional crystal eyes and those warm hands were dissolving her so badly.

The clues he gave her and the predictions he stated were still unclear to her. But, the moment when he refused to kiss her and stepped back was the hurtful memory she received from him.

‘Jason, I will see you tomorrow. You will wait for me at the railway station, right?’

She talked to herself. Her entire soul has filled with a mystery happiness and a confusion. After all, after everything, she was able to get confirmation that he loves her so much and he is not in a relationship with Katrin.

Sera jump out from the bed and had a long bath. Since it’s Saturday morning, she didn’t have to go early to work.

“Sera! Sera!” she heard her aunt was calling.

“Aunt, I am here” she came out from the bathroom while wiping her wet hair.

“You have got a telegram to your name...” she said bringing an envelope.

“A telegram?”

“Yes, here it is… I wonder what is so urgent” Sera opened the envelope hurriedly and found out a letter inside of it. Her eyes ran speedily from top to bottom of the letter. Her eyebrows got widened and eyes popped out with a shock. With the same shocking expression, she looked at the Aunt.

“Why? What is it about?” she asked.

“It’s from the University” She murmured.

“University??? What is it about?”

“They have cancelled my suspension with a big apology and request me to attend college from coming Monday” Her teeth were clenching and entire face has gone numb.

“What? What? What?” Aunt shockingly took the letter and read top to bottom. A huge smile with a heavy surprise came to her face.

“Sera! This is really good news. And see here, they have said that they are willing to offer a free scholarship to learn for your final year and then with your grades, they will consider an employment opportunity for you after the graduation as well”

Sera caught her aunt’s hands. She was overjoyed with the happiness and words were stuck in .

“This is like a dream...” She said finally.

“Aunt, there is someone I should meet right now. I will be back soon”

With the letter in her hand, she ran towards his house. Even though it was tiresome to run like that, she didn’t feel it even for a second. After meeting him yesterday and experiencing something so heart warm, good things have started to happen.

“Jason! Jason!” she shouted stopping at his doorstep. The door has closed and it seemed to be no one at home.

“Has he gone out?” She muttered.

“Is there anyone home? Hello….” She knocked few times but no one was there to come out.

“Let’s call him” she dialled him. even though the phone was ringing, no one answered.

“It’s OK, I will come in the evening again” she stepped out and returned home happily.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Sera walked slowly in the University premises. Her thoughts were refreshing and hopes were too high. It’s like she was reborn again. Her intention of meeting Jason was the first item in her to do list. In the entire weekend, his house was locked and his phone was disconnected.

“Sera!!!” She stopped and smiled. Willy was staring at her. But there was no surprise in his eyes.

“I am back Willy. I got a letter from the administration office...” she said with a big smile.

   

“Congratulations for coming back” Willy smiled.

“I wonder how this happened...” She said again.

“Did you check with the office?” he asked

“Yes, a while ago… They said it’s an order from the chief professor”

“I see” Willy murmured.

“I should go and meet the chief professor...” she said freshly.

“I am afraid you can’t do that”

“Why?”

“Chief professor resigned and was transferred...” Willy said simply

“What? But why?” Willy remained in silence hiding from her eyes.

“Let’s go in...” he said breaking the silence.

“Willy!” he stopped and looked at her. He knew what will be her next question.

“Yes!”

“I didn’t see Jason.” She said looking for an answer. Willy stunned.

“I couldn’t get in touch with him throughout the weekend. His phone is also switched off. Have you seen him?” She asked noticing the weighted expression in his face.

“No, I didn’t see him. It’s time to go to the classroom. Let’s go” He cut off her questions and hurriedly stepped away. Sera felt something odd and strange but she followed him.

“Welcome back Sera! We knew you are innocent”

“Welcome back again! We all will assist you with studies”

“Here you come again. Truth cannot be swayed ever”

With warm welcomes of her classmates, she sat on her familiar seat with a big smile. Her heart was filling with the happiness.

“Sera!” Jenny came to her. She is her neighbour in the class.

“Yes, Jenny!”

“We all knew it was her. Because she is the daughter of Chief professor she might have thought that she can do anything as her will” Jenny said with an irritated face.

“That’s true. She is always the big head. No wonder she is the culprit” Lora joined for the conversation.

“What is it all about Jenny? I have no idea what you are talking about” Sera said surprisingly.

“You don’t know?”

“No, nothing”

“Oh, God! It’s a big news Sera. The culprit is Katrin. She has hidden the drugs in your locker when she got the news that the checkers are visiting the classes on that day” Jenny said with widened eyes.

“What?”

“Sometimes, it was not intentional. Maybe your locker has not closed properly so she took the advantage of it” Jenny explain more.

“Sera, how come you don’t know anything? Didn’t you hear anything from Jason?” Lora asked again.

“From Jason???”

“Yes, don’t you know? He is the hero of the story. We all thought that he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter