24/7, we're walking

pretty much

INT. CAMPUS CAFE. THURSDAY. NOON.

Seungcheol freezes. He must be seeing things; there's no way Jeonghan's contact is saved under Jeongah's name. 

SCOUPS [1.24pm]: Vernon did you send me the wrong number??

HANsos [1.24pm]: no

HANsos [1.25pm]: this is what boo sent

HANsos [1:25pm]: screenshot_0992.jpg

Seungcheol scrolls back up his chat history with 'angel', and zooms in on the selfie 'angel' sent when they first texted him. It's definitely an androgynous looking face, with no hint of make-up, an adorable eyesmile and a very pink, very tempting pair of lips that he almost. Oh. Oh god. Seungcheol's no lip expert - he's pretty sure that he can't identify even his parents by their lips alone, but this.

There were other clues too - when Jeonghan mentioned the thing about cows and sheep, and that time about the "other leg". Seungcheol struggles to sketch a timeline out in his head: Monday's crash/crush (guy), Wednesday's vending machine (girl), Thursday at the tracks (guy), Saturday's fire (girl), a whole bunch of texting (???), last night's almost-kiss (guy), and today's utter failure. What Seungcheol cannot fathom is the thing about the name - see, why would Jeonghan, or Jeongah, bother with two names when both were androgynous enough? Granted, Jeongah was slightly more feminine, but more often than not, they weren't clear indicators of any gender. His mind wanders to last Wednesday, just when he introduced himself.


INT. SCOUP'S FOGGY MEMORY, VENDING MACHINE. LAST WEDNESDAY. AFTERNOON.

"Oh right, what's your name?" He sounds so stupid saying that. Jesus - has his voice always sounded so weird?

Jeongah/Jeonghan smiles up at him, forgiving and gracious and everything. "I'm Jeong - ah!"

Just as Jeonghan was about to say their name, a smaller boy ran over and grabbed them by the waist.

[TRANSITION]


INT. CAMPUS CAFE. THURSDAY. NOON.

"Oh," Seungcheol says weakly. 

That wasn't a name. It was an exclamation. He couldn't have been any denser to realise it when Jeonghan corrected him the next time they met. And the fact that the Mysterious Art Student from Monday knew his name by Thursday despite it only being their 'second' meeting made more sense now. The ease with which the two personas approached him, too, made sense when you realised that this was one relationship accumulating each event and not split evenly between two relationships. 

Seungcheol, shaking off his stupour, quickly types out a message to 'angel':

SCOUPS [1:30pm]: Jeonghan?

Seungcheol waits, and waits. The message is soon read, and he thanks the gods when there's a green circle popping up beside 'angel'. But just as he's quick to type out another message, 'angel' goes back offline. 

SCOUPS [1:53pm]: Jeonghan, , I'm sorry

SCOUPS [1:53pm]: I thought I was talking to two different people at the same time

SCOUPS [1:53pm]: i idndnt realise they were both you

The message stubbornly remains unread. Jeonghan's probably ignoring him now. Seungcheol buries his face in his hands, but not before someone else pops into his mind. Jeon Wonwoo - he must have known. He was aware of the crush Seungcheol had on both Jeonghan and Jeongah (despite it really just being Jeonghan - god, this is confusing). And, he's a literature nerd. The influence of Mingyu's rom-com binging must have influenced him somehow to stand by and watch this drama unfurl. 

Seungcheol snatches up his messenger bag, and bolts out of the cafe.


INT. ART BLOCK. THURSDAY. TIME IS AN ILLUSION.

"What the heck," Seungcheol says immediately when he sees Wonwoo.

Wonwoo gives him a look, and returns to his charcoal drawing. "What?"

"Jeongah- I mean, Jeonghan," Seungcheol says. "They're the same - they've - it's always been one person."

Wonwoo nods lazily, unapologetically. Seungcheol feels a terrible migraine coming back on, and he thinks he can hear the whistles of fermat's last theorem spin around his head. Wonwoo, noting Seungcheol's silence, glances away from his sketchpad.

"Wait."

"You knew," Seungcheol says, shaking. "You knew they were the same person-"

"Didn't you?" Wonwoo retorts. "Oh, don't tell me you didn't-?"

"No!" Seungcheol is this close to ripping his hair out of his scalp. "Oh my god. I told Jeongah- Jeonghan, I told them that I liked someone else because I thought they were two different people. I screwed up. Big time."

Wonwoo has a blank look on his face, not before he starts laughing. "That's wild."

"Stop laughing!" Seungcheol says, but even he is hyperaware of the irony of this situation. "Oh god. What do I do now - Jeonghan hates me."

"You can't be disappointed by the people you don't love," Wonwoo says calmly, hiding a smile behind his hand.

"Wonwoo," Seungcheol whines, collapsing beside Wonwoo on the bench. "They're ignoring me now - they've probably blocked me."

"Well, that just means you need someone who hasn't blocked you," is all Wonwoo says, before he scribbles a number down. "This is Joshua's number. He's your best bet."

Seungcheol takes the piece of paper from Wonwoo, and raises an eyebrow. "Joshua?"

"That guy from the fire."

Seungcheol snorts. "He's close to Jeonghan - he'll probably take their side."

Wonwoo shrugs, horribly unaffected and amused. "Joshua's reasonable. You might, however, want to watch out for Seungkwan."

"Boo?" Seungcheol says, and immediately corrects himself, ", it's the Hansol effect - I mean, Seungkwan?"

"Yeah," Wonwoo says. "And pretty much everyone, really. Jeonghan's probably got a cult following him around at this point."


INT. ART BLOCK. ???. ???.

Jeon Wonwoo is not playing when he says that Jeonghan has a cult dedicated to protecting their honour. When Seungcheol calls Joshua, the first ten seconds after he introduces himself are fraught with tense silence - he almost hangs up, until a soft but firm voice instructs him on where to walk within the art block ("Listen carefully. Take the first staircase after the second turn, go up and keep left all the way till you reach the Mona Lisa gargoyle, then exactly 24 steps in the northeast direction. There will be three doors - white, green and blue. Knock on the green, but go through the blue. I'll see you in seven minutes.")

Seungcheol is now tied down to a chair by yarn, and there's a disco ball shoved into his face, reminiscent of an interrogation. These people are serious - they've even got war paint on their cheeks and a badge dipped in glitter.

"Uh," Seungcheol begins to say, but is cut off by Seungkwan's glare.

"So," Jihoon (Seungcheol thought he was just a myth) says carefully. "Name, intention, major."

"Okay, seriously, I just want to explain-"

"Name, intention, major," the small boy from Wednesday, Chan, echoes.

Seungcheol eyes the gourd he's holding warily. "Okay, okay. Choi Seungcheol, currently Physics-"

"WHO'S THE OTHER GUY!" Horseman from Wednesday (Seokmin?) shouts, slamming the table.

Joshua nudges Seokmin gently. "You're gonna wake Jeonghan up. What he means is, why did you play with Jeonghan's heart?"

It's a less violent translation, but Seungcheol squirms at the underlying distaste and anger directed at him. Also, the smell of hot glue guns and spray paint is really getting to him. Seungcheol blinks and glances away from the disco ball.

"That's why I'm here to explain-"

"Do you know how much Jeonghan means to all of us!" a voice pipes up, half-giggly and half-annoyed.

Seungcheol gawks. "Mingyu?"

"Sup, Scoups," Mingyu says, shuffling in. "They made me an honorary member."

"Oh my god," Seungcheol says, rolling his eyes. "Look, all I want to do is explain that I did not play around with-"

"He was very serious about both of them," Mingyu says solemnly, and winks at Seungcheol as though he's helping.

Seungkwan raises an eyebrow at that. "'Both', you say?"

Jihoon takes the baton. "How many more are there? Actually, never mind that. You thought you could fool around with our angel, you pay for the consequences."

"Jeonghan really liked you," Chan says accusingly, knuckles going white over the gourd. "You made him cry."

"Them," Joshua corrects gently, but turns to face Seungcheol again. "You made Jeonghan cry. They've switched off their phone, and they're hibernating in the only other functioning darkroom."

"Minghao's going to have your head too, by extension," Seokmin says excitedly. "He's really good with nunchucku."

Seungcheol breathes out evenly. "There is no one else. I thought that there were two-"

"Yeah, Wonwoo said something like that but I didn't understand-"

"Should we just call Minghao down-?"

"Jun needs a mannequin first right, we can send him over when we're done-"

"SHUT UP," Seungcheol yells. The entire basement shudders as the echoes of his words fade into the distance slowly. "I'm going to say this once, so don't you dare try me. Mingyu, that includes you."

Mingyu guiltily shuffles behind Joshua.

Seungcheol exhales again, and says slowly, "I ran into a guy last Monday, and I thought he was cute. Wednesday was when I met this girl, whose name I mistakenly thought was 'Jeongah'. Later I found out the guy's name was 'Jeonghan'. I thought I was screwed for finding two people attractive at the same time. But they were just crushes then, and I wasn't getting into anything serious yet. That was then. Now things... are different.

"So when Jeonghan asked me out today, I went. It was Jeongah I met, and that was when I knew I had to tell them both that I wouldn't be able to reciprocate their feelings entirely because I liked them both and it would be selfish and unfair to either. So I told Jeongah that, and. You know. The thing is, Jeonghan and Jeongah turned out to be the same person. I know it's unreasonable to want Jeonghan to date me now - all I want is a chance to explain myself and see if they still want to be my friend, I guess."

The basement is silent for a few seconds. 

"Cheol, you idiot," Jeonghan says, stepping out of the gloom into the circle surrounding Seungcheol.

Seungcheol smiles weakly. He can't deny that. "Jeonghan."

Jeonghan's eyes are puffy and red, but they're still outrageously stunning. "I can't believe it. How can you be so stupid?"

But Jeonghan's smiling as he says it. The circle quickly disperses, with Joshua ushering everyone out quietly. Seungcheol's going to have to talk to Mingyu later.

"I'm stupid," Seungcheol agrees. "Will you forgive me?"

Jeonghan gives him a look. "I'm not called an angel for nothing."

"And... after that?" Seungcheol says meekly, hoping.

"We get coffee, and then, you can court me properly," Jeonghan says firmly. "You can get me flowers, but I prefer snacks."

"Will there be other people courting you?" Seungcheol says, reminded of the size of that Yoon Jeonghan Protection Squad. "Sorry - I know it's not my place to ask, especially with-"

Jeonghan flicks him on the forehead. "You're such an idiot, Cheol."

(He's still smiling.)


an: probably need to clarify that I'm not familiar with korean names, but I was looking through common masculine/feminine names and it seems the only distinction is the meaning (feminine names emphasise beauty etc). but jeonghan is a pretty straightforward and uni (?) name I think. also do u want an epilogue.