[turning point] and it hits him, hard.

pretty much

note: an extremely short update, but hopefully it clears everything up.


INT. CAMPUS CAFE. THURSDAY. NOON.

Mingyu burning his physics notes to ashes was probably one of the greatest and worst things he's ever done since Wonwoo. Seungcheol has sent his transfer application in to the office, and is now in a strange state of peace. With the decision made, he feels like something heavy's been lifted off his shoulder. Only to fall back down in the form of two extremely attractive crushes: Jeongah and Jeonghan. 

Last night's almost-kiss has him jittery and guilty because even though nothing's been made official, it's still kind of disconcerting to be enchanted by two people at the same time in equal parts. And it's not like he can just decide between two people - they've got their own merits, and Seungcheol feels comfortable with both of them anyway. If only they were the same person, Seungcheol mopes, but shakes his head. He can't be selfish. He'll have to work himself up to telling Jeonghan when he sees him later. 

"Hey, sorry - class ended late," a voice says sheepishly, and Seungcheol looks up into Jeongah's beaming face.

Wait, what? "Jeongah?"

Jeongah frowns, but settles down into the seat opposite Seungcheol. Seungcheol hastily wipes his hands on his thighs, and looks down at his own cup of coffee. 

"Then again I realise we didn't really arrange for a time," Jeongah says absentmindedly. "Have you been waiting long?"

Seungcheol, barely attentive, jumps in his seat. "Oh, uh. No?"

Jeongah giggles, and Seungcheol can feel his heart leap out some few metres away from his chest, vanishing for a few moments. 

"You know, Seungcheol," Jeongah says, serious this time. "I'm just going to cut to the chase, okay?"

Seungcheol swallows. What was he supposed to do again? Confess? Oh god. Oh god - maybe if he just dives under the table he can jump into some blackhole and self-destruct. And then his mind turns to something much more concrete: what if Jeonghan enters now and sees them together? Seungcheol can't bear the thought of hurting either of them.

Jeongah takes a deep breath, steadying herself, and looks right into Seungcheol's eyes. "I think I like you."

Seungcheol doesn't say anything. There's a conflicting swirl of relief, happiness, and sulphuric guilt burning up his throat. He clenches and unclenches his fists, counting the seconds as they flit past. Finally, finally, he summons the courage to do the right thing.

"I like you," Seungcheol whispers, hating the way Jeongah's face lights up, and the fact that he's going to be the one breaking it to her. "I really do."

Jeongah pauses. "Cheol... what's-?"

"I like someone else too," Seungcheol says carefully, watching Jeongah's expression slowly fall. "I met him a day before I ran into you - I thought it was just a crush -"

The damage is done. Seungcheol stops himself, unable to find the right words, and unable to prevent the inevitable. 

"You were stringing me along?" Jeongah says slowly, eyes dulling into the wall beside Seungcheol.

"I wasn't!" Seungcheol quickly insists, shaking his head. "That's why I'm telling you now - I think you're amazing, and I-"

Jeongah's coy smirk morphs into an ugly sneer, and her laughter is painfully caustic. "It's okay. Save it for him."

In the blink of an eye, she's risen gracefully from her seat, and pushed her way out through the front door. Seungcheol, rooted to the booth, slams his head down on the table. Unapologetically, his phone whirls to life once more, and Seungcheol, ten feet deep in regret, opens it without a care.

HANsos [1:22pm]: hey seungcheol

HANsos [1:22pm]: boo finally gave in.

HANsos [1:22pm]: Yoon_Jeonghan.contact: ADD | CANCEL

Seungcheol sighs, and lazily thumbs the 'add' button. There's nothing. 

ERROR: Yoon_Jeonghan.contact already exists in your phone. VIEW EXISTING | SAVE AS NEW CONTACT | CANCEL

Seungcheol frowns. He just got the message - who's the existing contact?

ERROR: Yoon_Jeonghan.contact already exists in your phone. VIEW EXISTING | SAVE AS NEW CONTACT | CANCEL

REDIRECTING...

CONTACT NAME: angel

LAST SEEN: today, 1:19pm.