connection

flowers with the colours of happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month passed by, more swiftly than Yerin had known it would, and the days became warmer. Flowers faded and fell, but Yerin did not fail to see even more happiness in their colours. 

Of course, Yerin, together with Yewon, had managed to grow closer to the family and started to spend more of their days together. Yerin was grateful for that. Undoubtedly, Yerin was happy around Sojung and the Eunbis. 

However, Yerin naturally grew to be more curious about the family. How did Sojung, a lone woman, come to raise two children? Did Sojung not have any family herself, or friends, such that she'd know no one around her to share her burdens, emotionally when physical means are unreasonable? How then, did she meet the children, or rather Eunha, for ShinB's story had been uncovered?

"Yerin ssi, I've got a favour," came the phone call from Sojung one Thursday night, with a hushed, bashful voice.

Yerin's delight from the incoming call did not falter. "What is it?"

"I've suddenly got to work late tomorrow," she explained first. "Could you please look after the children for me-"

"Of course!" Yerin had unintentionally interrupted and come off a little overexcited, but Sojung did not take it negatively. 

Instead, she is perplexed and confounded. "Really?" Sojung asked. "I mean, ShinB ends school around 1 in the afternoon and if you're working that'd be a problem," she said. Yerin could hear the hopelessness in her voice. 

"Right that's true," Yerin muttered. "But it's during my lunch break and I definitely can tend to them! Just, I hope you'll be fine if they are alone at home after that-"

"That's completely alright," Sojung was panting after holding her breath due to despair. "Thank you so much, Yerin ssi."

"It's nothing," Yerin smiled.

"I'm sorry but," Sojung extended her request, relieved that Yerin was happy to help and hoped she could help further, "I was thinking if you could fix their dinner too?" 

The jittery Sojung had wanted to add after the silence: "After your work?"

Yerin blinked at the unexpected requirement, but nevertheless did not deem it as impossible or rude. "Sure, it's completely okay," she laughed as she replied.

"I am deeply sorry for the trouble," she apologised yet again.

Yerin did not let the woman lower herself any further, "Don't be."

"I will really do something in exchange for your favour another time, thank you very much," Sojung released her breath with the reply, finally at ease.

"It's nothing!" Yerin shook her head with the overzealous return. "You can always ask me for anything."

"ShinB-" Sojung paused, "I've advised her to make her way to the hospital by herself afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter