Welcome home, baby

Sugar Mama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, everyone. I’ve decided to do my best to complete this fic. Mostly because if I can I would rather not leave a fic incomplete unless there is no other option. Thanks to those of you who reviewed and are genuinely into this fic. Here’s chapter 7


 

The moving process itself wasn’t complicated, not after the couple settled a few matters. Joohyun had first come up with a suggestion. She told Seulgi that she would continue to pay the rent at her place. It was meant to assure her that in the event of a worst case scenario situation. For example, if they were to break up for any reason. Seulgi would still have a place to call hers. Naturally, the younger girl didn’t agree. The idea of Joohyun footing the bill for her rent at her apartment bothered her.

 

Joohyun explained it was more because she also loved going to her place. The older woman rephrased it and suggested they split the responsibilities of Seulgi’s apartment. That way it would be fair and it would also serve as an extra place to spend time. There was nothing wrong with having more than one residence. The new suggestion seems much better, and Seulgi promised to have an extra set of keys made for her. Joohyun too would make sure Seulgi had her own set to her apartment, or soon to be theirs.

 

The brunette was so excited about the idea of Seulgi moving in. She could barely contain herself. They had already packed some of the most essential items Seulgi needed and moved them in. Seulgi would be home soon from school, and the businesswoman couldn’t wait to greet her. She sends her a quick text expressing that excitement.

 

Seulbear: Hi, baby. Can’t wait to welcome you home soon.” She grins excited. The first thing she is going to do is hug and kiss her. The feeling of being able to share her home with the person she loves is such a wonderful feeling. Joohyun didn’t think she could ever be so happy, and this in love with another person. Here she is with those exact feelings. She really is so in love with Kang Seulgi.

 

“Be home soon.” Seulgi texts back and that makes Joohyun smile.

 

“See you soon, babe.”


 

Seulgi is actually in one of the dance practice rooms with Jisoo. The show is coming up in a few weeks, and this is their first meeting for practice. Seulgi could tell the slightly younger girl was nervous through their practice, so when they were taking a break. She sat down with her. Maybe she could offer her some encouragement. She herself had kind older friends who helped her get over her own anxiety and stage fright.

 

“Hey, Jichu. Don’t be nervous. We’re here to help each other, right?”

 

“Yes,” she nods, “you're just so good, Seulgi-unnie. I feel like I'm slowing you down.”

 

“No it's fine. Please don't worry about that. Let's just do our best and have fun, okay.” Seulgi smiles warmly. She hopes Jisoo is feeling better after the encouragement. Jisoo smiles gratefully. Seulgi is always helping anyone out as she can. It's one of the reasons why she is so respected.

 

“Okay, are you ready to try this again?”

 

“Yes,” Jisoo nods. It isn't lost on either of them how close they have to dance. It wasn't ever something they weren't aware of. After all it is a couple dance quite obviously so. There are many times where they have to slide against one another, touch hands, and Seulgi has to hold her hips as well. It is all the choreography, and to anyone looking in it looks highly romantic. Seulgi knows Joohyun will be quite jealousy about this. She still hasn't found the best way to tell her. She does want to be honest about the upcoming show. How can she explain the couple dance is really just for show. Despite, how romantic it does seem.

 

Towards the end, Jisoo has her arms wrapped around her shoulders, and Seulgi is meant to stare down at her intensely. It is supposed to be an intimate looking way to end the dance. While Seulgi is wondering if she can perhaps change some of the choreography, Jisoo takes a deep breath and moves away.

 

“I think it’s enough for today unnie.”

 

“Yeah,” Seulgi agrees, “we’ll practice again soon. I’ll let you know when, okay?”

 

“Okay, unnie. Have a good rest of your evening.”

 

“You too, alright, Jichu.” Seulgi grabs her bag and heads out, only after Jisoo goes. She closes the door behind her and returns the keys to the dance club office. The dark-haired girl texts Joohyun so she can know she’s running late.

 

Hyunnie: I’m running late, but I’ll be there soon.”

 

She doesn’t want her to worry. Since if she would have left straight after class she would have been home by now.

 

“Home.” Seulgi thinks with a smile. It is so surreal to think about being home with Joohyun. The younger woman decides to stops by a bakery they both love. It was a place she had taken her to on one of their earlier dates.

 

(Flashback)

 

They were just finished seeing the movie. When Joohyun kept mentioning how she was craving something sweet.

 

“Do you want anything in particular?” Seulgi asks while they leave the theater hand in hand. Seulgi learned quickly her older girlfriend was quite clingy, and she really loved skinship. Joohyun enjoyed holding hands, linking arms, or just naturally clinging onto her, very much like a koala at times.

 

“I don’t know. I’m just craving for dessert of some kind.” Joohyun gives her hand a squeeze. Seulgi quickly leans down to kiss her cheek. It’s a sweet gesture, and Joohyun finds it adorable.

 

“Oh, you’re cute Seul.” She grins and leans up to kiss her fully on the lips. “I love your kisses, but not exactly the kind of sweet I meant.”

 

“I know. I have an idea, come with me.”

 

There is a bakery she had discovered with Seungwan once. It’s a fun place that also serves as a cafe. There is both indoor and outdoor seating, and music is almost always being played. Seulgi hasn’t been there in awhile. She thinks Joohyun will really enjoy it.

 

“Hey, so welcome to Cakes and Things. It’s a fun place I usually come to with my friends. They have a lot of good desserts and drinks here too. Do you want to take a look at the menu?”

 

Joohyun nods and takes a quick look at the offered menu. Seulgi is right. There are a lot of delicious sounding items. They have such a variety too. Everything from red velvet cupcakes, milkshakes, iced or hot teas, make your own sundaes, crepes, and more. It sounds so good Joohyun can almost feel watering. This should certainly satisfy her craving.

 

“Can we sit in and order?”

 

“Sure.” Seulgi agrees. The couple sit at a nice spot that is still indoors, but has a good view of the outside area. Seulgi orders herself a chocolate chip cookie milkshake, and chocolate cupcake. Joohyun settles on a mug of tea to go along with her carrot cake muffin. Seulgi smiles when she sees the adorable way Joohyun bites into the muffin. Her eyes light up and she moans out in pleasure.

 

“Mm, so good.”

 

Seulgi laughs. Joohyun looks up with a curious gaze. “What’s so funny?”

 

“You’re so cute.” The monolid girl grins with eyes forming crescents. “You’re like an adorable bunny.”

 

“Bunny?” The businesswoman blinks.

 

“Yes, you’re even eating carrot cake, bunny-Hyunnie.”

 

She finds Seulgi too cute now. It’s not actually the first time someone has said she resembles a bunny. It just sounds so much cuter, and sincere coming from her girlfriend.

 

“Well,” Joohyun puts her muffin down then leans over to caress her cheeks. “If I’m a bunny. Then are you my teddy bear?” She softly teases. Since Seulgi really does have the appearance of a teddy bear.

 

“Yeah,” Seulgi nods. “I’ll be your teddy bear.”

 

“Bunny and bear couple?” She lightly kisses her cheek.

 

“Yea, Bunny and bear couple.” The younger girl readily agrees with her.

 

(End)


 

Thinking about that first visit here. Seulgi decides to surprise Joohyun with a mini box of her favorite carrot cake muffins, and also a small box of red velvet cake as well.

 

“Come home soon.” Joohyun texts back with a kissing face emoji. Seulgi smiles then. Joohyun is truly sweet and with only a few words she can make her smile. After purchasing the desserts she continues on home. When she gets there she parks her car in the garage level of the complex right besides Joohyun’s. She carefully grabs her school bag and the box of desserts in the other. She rides the elevator up to their floor. It feels amazing to think she’s coming home to be with her girlfriend. That there will be more days and nights of coming home to Joohyun.

 

It is a bit difficult to reach for her keys. She knocks on the door. Joohyun walks over to the door when she hears the knock.

 

“Who is it?” She teases with a playful tone in her voice.

 

“Pizza delivery for Ms. Bae.” Seulgi teases back. Joohyun tries to muffle her giggle. This is so fun having the chance to be so casual and carefree with her significant other.

 

“I didn’t order any pizza. But I’ am waiting for my very y girlfriend. You wouldn’t happen to have her out there, would you?”

 

“I might. You just need to open the door for me?”

 

The brunette does open the door. The first thing she does is kiss Seulgi. The dark-haired girl nearly drops the box of desserts from the intense kiss of her smaller girlfriend. When Joohyun breaks away. She is sure to leave a few soft kisses against her lips.

 

“There’s my y girlfriend.”

 

“Yeah, sorry. There’s no pizza, Ms. Bae. There’s just me.”

 

“Mm, I rather have you. Come in.” She squeezes her free hand. “Welcome home.”

 

“Thank you, Hyunnie. It’s good to be home.”

 

Joohyun smiles at her. She knows she will never get tired of welcoming Seulgi home.

 

“Are you hungry? I made dinner.”

 

“I’m starving. I’ll go wash my hands. Oh, I bought some of those carrot cake muffins you love.”

 

“From Cakes and Things?” The older woman says with an enthusiastic tone.

 

“Yes.” Seulgi laughs in amusement. “They’re for after dinner, young lady.”

 

“Hey.” Joohyun playfully slaps her . “I can eat whatever I want.” The suggestive tone isn’t lost on Seulgi. She smiles and gives a nod.

 

“That’s true. I’m going to go put my bag away and wash my hands. Then tell me about your day?”

 

“Sure, sweetie. Let me just put these boxes into the kitchen.”

 

Seulgi goes to put her bag away in Joohyun’s room, although from now on it will be their shared bedroom. She puts on her fuzzy orange slippers, and then washes her hands. When she returns Joohyun is putting rice, beef, and vegetables onto two plates.

 

“Aww, vegetables.” Seulgi groans, as she comes up behind the shorter woman to hug her from behind. Joohyun turns and playfully taps her cheek.

 

“You have to eat some. Don’t give me that pout either. Just eat a little.”

 

“I really don’t like vegetables.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter