The shark's weakness

Sugar Mama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I only have a couple of things to say, firstly I do not understand what it is that you all like about this story. Since, it’s really not that good of a fic. It just blows my mind, how many of you continued to review even though it’s been months since I last updated. So thank you, since I honestly didn’t see this one as being a more popular fic. And, I have been getting messages about when I’m updating this. And I would appreciate some understanding as those messages make it hard for me to write, and I don’t want to rush chapters with my current writers block.  And because of that, updates will probably be less often. So, I appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding, and hopefully people still want to read this.


 

Seulgi is stunned. Is this for real? Joohyun, however is looking at her with expectant eyes. She wants an answer, but what is Seulgi supposed to say to it. Sure, she just bought her an expensive car. Which is honestly enough, how is she supposed to just go live with her. In her very expensive, apartment complex. Where there are doormen who greet you at the front. Seulgi’s head is spinning, this is so unreal. Joohyun notices that Seulgi seems to not be okay. She cups her face gently in her hands, forcing her to look into her eyes.

 

“Seul, what’s wrong?”

 

“Move in with you?”

 

“Yes.” The businesswoman nods. “I’m tired of going home alone, and getting into my bed without it having you besides me.”

 

It’s really sweet though, and Seulgi knows that she means it. Only, what could she say to this. She’s been living on her own for a while now, it will change moving in.

 

“Hyun, I…”

 

“Wait, hold that thought.” Joohyun pauses to answer her business cell. “Yes, wait what?” She looks alarmed. “No, just wait for me. I will handle this.” She ends the call abruptly and turns to Seulgi. She kisses her cheek.

 

“Business?” Seulgi says knowingly. As there have been times where Joohyun had to leave suddenly, or not see her at all. Which Seulgi does understand why.

 

“Yeah, something’s come up. Baby, just think about it okay. Take your time, I’ll call you later.”

 

“Sure, Hyunnie.”

 

“You have school right? Have a good day.” She kisses her fully on the lips.

 

“Bye Hyunnie, have a good day too.”

 

Joohyun nods and heads to her own car. Whatever the call was about, it didn’t look like it was anything good. Seulgi just looks at the keys in her hand that Joohyun handed to her. Well, at least she has a ride to school.

 

“And a way for my friends to tease me more.” Seulgi sighs, running her fingers through her blonde locks. She needs to get a shower and go to school. Maybe she can think of how to answer Joohyun’s question.


 

The brunette CEO speeds off for her office. She can’t believe the nerve of people. She’s so angry that people get out of her way as soon as they see her. Their boss has a quiet kind of anger, like a storm brewing underneath all the beautiful. She gets to her office and sees the person who the call is about. Kim Taeyeon, is already seated there tea in hand. Already, looking as if she has been there for awhile.

 

“Oh, Joohyun-ssi how nice of you to finally arrive.”

 

Joohyun has to suppress her anger. How the hell did she just get in here? No one is allowed in her office without her being here. She storms over to her desk.

 

“Our meeting isn’t until next week. Why are you here Taeyeon-ssi?”

 

The dark-haired woman just offers a smile, the kind of smile that makes someone want to punch it from their face.

 

“I’ve been trying to set up something with you for months. You’ve been ignoring me.”

 

“I’m a busy person Taeyeon-ssi, just as you are. So, forgive me if I don’t just drop everything because you want a meeting.”

 

Taeyeon nods, and sips her tea. She then turns her attention to the photo on her desk. She looks at the gorgeous blonde besides Joohyun, who looks a bit too young for her. Taeyeon picks up the photo.

 

“Oh, and who is this beautiful girl, hm Joohyun.”

 

The brunette snatches the photo out of Taeyeon’s hands. “Don’t you touch this. Don’t even think of touching anything of mine.” It’s a threat, and it’s not about her touching the photo. It’s clear the girl in the picture means something to her.

 

“Oh, so that cutie is yours, then?”

 

Joohyun has to do all she can to not snap and attack this woman. She is no friend to her, a business rival at best. So, if she thinks she’s just going to come in here and start touching her stuff. And making, quiet threats about her girlfriend. Then Kim Taeyeon has another thing coming. Bae Joohyun doesn’t lose and she doesn’t take threats lightly, or forgive them.

 

“Never mind, you’re already here. What is it that you want?”

 

“You should really consider going into business with me. We’re both powerful women, why not support that and make something out of it.”

 

Joohyun is all for the empowerment of female CEO’s, and has a few close female leaders who are friends of hers. But, something about Kim Taeyeon has always rubbed her the wrong way.

 

“I saw the development you were looking into. It was supposed to be some sort of office suite to rent out to other companies?”

 

“Oh, so you do read your emails.”

 

“I am always on top of my work.” Joohyun lets it be known. She doesn’t sleep on opportunities and she is always in the know, of what could possibly either hurt or help her own company. She isn’t known for being a shark in the business for nothing.

 

“I see, so then you are aware of how much money it would bring us?”

 

“No, I’m aware that it would bring money to you. And your record label, based on the numbers it won’t actually do me any benefit. In fact, I am in the process of expanding Bae Unlimited past South Korea. I am very busy and don’t have time to waste.”

 

“Ah, Joohyun-ssi.” Taeyeon laughs in amusement. “You are indeed a shark huh, a predator.”

 

“It’s nothing personal. It’s business, something you should know all too well Taeyeon-ssi.”

 

The dark-haired woman gives a nod. She does understand it all too well, but as far as she has known. Bae Joohyun has no weakness. She is such a force in the corporate world. Then, she looks at the girl in the picture. She sure is a cutie, quite beautiful too.

 

“I know, so I’m assuming that business is off the table for now?”

 

Never one to create an unnecessary enemy. Joohyun politely plays along, even though she has no intentions of being in business with her.

 

“For now, let’s revisit this in the future.”

 

“Very well, Joohyun-ssi.” She looks at the picture again, tracing her finger over Seulgi’s face. She doesn’t miss how Joohyun’s body shifts ever so slightly. She’s good, trying to remain poker faced and act as if she’s not bothered at all.

 

“You have excellent taste Joohyun, she does look quite delicious.”

 

“Get out!” The brunette demands, hands gripping onto her desk as to not strangle that woman. She has no right to even look at her photo, and she better not even think of trying to come after the person that means most to her.

 

“You do have a weakness it seems, Joohyun-ssi. Everyone said you didn’t, seems like we just didn’t do our research well.”

 

That’s it, to hell with being in control. Joohyun pushes her suddenly, almost making her fall.

 

“If you even as much as find some way to breath the same air as her. I will end you.”

 

Joohyun is serious, without even raising her voice but it’s a threat all the same. Taeyeon gives a nod and bids her farewell. Joohyun is so angry that she is shaking. She hasn’t been quite this angry in so long, that she can feel every nerve in her body as it it’s on fire. She takes a few deep breaths and steadies her fast beating heart. Then she sends an email to one of her private investigators. She will find out all there is to know about Kim Taeyeon, no one threatens her and gets away with it. And, they will especially not try to come for her girlfriend.


 

Seulgi gets to school, and tries her best to avoid being seen with the car. Of course it’s impossible as her friends are all standing outside of the entrance, as if they were waiting for her.

 

“Whoa, what the !” Byulyi shouts first.

 

“Unnie, cool car!” Wheein says next.

 

“Wow, Seul… so is that an early birthday gift, or an anniversary gift? Or, just because…” Seungwan teases.

 

The blonde just parks her car and walks passed them. She doesn’t even acknowledge them, and that’s how they know she’s in no mood. They hurry after her so they can see what’s wrong and apologize. However, they call to her Seulgi keeps walking. She walks so fast she ends up colliding with someone else. They fall to the ground, the girl on top of her. Seulgi, cracks open an eye to see a dark-haired girl holding many books that are now on the ground. A familiar girl indeed.

 

“Oh, Jichu. I’m sorry.” Seulgi apologizes.

 

“It’s okay unnie.” Jisoo, the girl smiles and gets off of her. They have a few classes together, and sometimes they’ll even hang out playing video games or at dance club. Seulgi hurries to help her collect her books.

 

“Are you hurt? I’m sorry, I wasn’t paying attention.”

 

“I’m fine, I wasn’t paying attention either. Are you okay though, unnie? You look upset.”

 

Seulgi is definitely not about to get into it with her. Even though, she knows Jisoo will listen to her. She is a great listener, and she always makes things fun. The girl has such an off the wall personality.

 

“I’m okay, just stuff on my mind. I should go, I’ll see you later at the dance club meeting?”

 

“Sure, see you then unnie.”

 

Seulgi bids goodbye then tries to head inside, only Seungwan catches a hold of her arm first.

 

“Yah, Seul what’s going on? Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah,” Byul nods as she catches up. “, we’re sorry Seul.”

 

“I just want to ride in it!” Wheein grins. “Can I unnie?”

 

The blonde smiles and pats Wheein’s head. She’s too adorable and how can she deny her.

 

“Yeah, in fact I have something I want to do. Can you ride with me?”

 

“Are we ditching?” Wheein laughs. “Yes, unnie let’s go.”

 

“Yah, wheepup, you can’t just be cutting class.” Byulyi tells her girlfriend.

 

“You can come too Byul.”

 

“Well, okay then, let’s go!”

 

“No, Wheein and I got this, right Wheein-ah.” Seulgi grabs her arm and they walk off.

 

“Hey, what about us?” Seungwan says. “We’ll go too, as long as we don’t ditch all of our classes.” Always the voice of reason, Seungwan is and that makes all of them laugh.

 

“No, seriously. I’m fine with just me and Wheein-ah.”

 

“Ha, I’m Seulgi-unnies favorite, take that!” And with that the two walk off leaving Byul and Seungwan standing there wondering what the hell just happened.

 

“Um, is she mad we ?” Byul wonders.

 

“Maybe,” Seungwan thinks. “Or, something else is going on. Anyway, let’s go to class they can’t be gone all day.”

 

Wheein is just super pumped to be in this car. “Unnie, this is so cool. You’re so lucky your girlfriend is so rich!”

 

Seulgi lets out an uneasy laugh. Maybe to everyone else it seems so, and yeah she’s very lucky. And she loves Joohyun so much, but her mind is still blown from earlier events.

 

“Unnie, what’s up? What do you need to do?”

 

“I want to do something, but I’m not sure how it will be received. You’ll come with me though right, hold my hand and all.”

 

Wheein blinks, she isn’t sure what’s going on. “Um, unnie. You’re not like sick and scared to tell us are you?”

 

“What?” Seulgi blinks.

 

“Because, like if you’re dying. You have to stop this car right now, because I will not be fine if you die unnie. Oh, my god unnie!” She grabs onto her and starts crying.

 

“Wheein-ah, calm down I’m not dying. I just want you to be there for support.”

 

“Oh, okay then.” She nods, tears not even there. “I wasn’t actually crying though.”

 

That makes Seulgi laugh. She needs this so much right now, Wheein is always so great for a laugh. And she needs the distraction at the moment.

 

“Wheein, you’re great and I love you.”

 

“I love you too unnie, so if I’m cheating on Byul for you, make it worth my while.”

 

Seulgi laughs again and pats her head. “Never change Wheein-ah.”


 

Joohyun ends up at the company gym in an intense fight with the punching bag. She may or may not be imagining it a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter