The Hidden Star

The Hidden Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ONE SHOT || The Hidden Star ||

 

 

"Eomma!!! I already late," shouted Mingyu while running downstairs from his bedroom .

"Take your breakfast first!" said Mrs. Kim, Mingyu's mother. 

"Mianhae eomma, I can't...I already late bye!" 

Mingyu pecks his mother's cheek and wearing his shoes rushingly before running out to the door. Mrs. Kim just shakes her head and smiles looks at his only son.

Mingyu runs toward his neighborhood bus stop. He glances to his watch on his wrist. 7:45 am. It is impossible to catch the bus and reach his college within 15 minutes. He cusses himself for staying up late watched drama series till four in the morning and made himself overslept. 

Once he steps out from the bus, he runs as fast as he can toward the right side hallway of the block B building where is his morning class located without aware that someone is coming out from the hallway. 

"Aahhhh!!!" shouted Mingyu, shocked when he bumped into someone and make both of them fall onto the ground.

"Ouchhh," Mingyu groan.

He rubs off his arms and elbow. He lifts up his gaze and see books scatter around in front of him and there is a girl on the ground in pain. Her shoulder length brown hair hides half of her face. 

"I'm sorry! I didn't see you coming," said Mingyu.

He gets up quickly and moves closer to the girl. He can see the girl bites her lower lip to hold in the pain while checking her bleeding elbow. Mingyu crouches in front of the girl. 

"I'm sorry, let me take you to the infirmary," said Mingyu politely.

"Mingyu-ssi?" said the girl in shocked.

Mingyu could see how the girl shocked when she looked at him as he shocked when the girl called his name and to learn the truth that the girl actually is not she. She is he. A guy with brown long hair and pretty milky white skin face.

"Oh! I thought you are girl, mianhae, do you know me? Ah...Mianhae , let's go to the infirmary first," said Mingyu put aside his curiousity when he looks at the boy's elbow again.

Mingyu helped the boy to get up and he picks up all of their books that lays on the ground. 

They walks side by side toward the infirmary. 

"What is your name?" asked Mingyu, breaks the silent.

"Yoon Jeonghan," answered the boy. 

'Pretty name, just like the owner' thought Mingyu while smiles.

While walking, Mingyu could tell Jeonghan is really a shy and reserved person. He walks with his gaze glue on the ground and make his face hidden behind his hair. 

"I'm really sorry ok? I didn't see you just now," apologized Mingyu.

"It's ok, don't worry," replied Jeonghan softly.

Mingyu notices Jeonghan glanced at him and smiles shyly before lowering his gaze again to the ground.

Mingyu smiles. 

"Nurse, please take a look at his elbow," said Mingyu as soon as they enter their college's infirmary. 

Mingyu asked Jeonghan to sit on the bed.

"What happen?" asked the nurse.

"I bumped into him and he falls and wounded his elbow," explained Mingyu.

"Next time be careful ok?" replied the nurse.

"Ne, I running late just now- ah!! I have class at 8am," said Mingyu when he remember again he already late for his morning class. 

"Mingyu-ssi, just go the class," said Jeonghan softly. 

"How can I leave you here alone after make you like this," said Mingyu with guilty.

"It's ok, it just a little, don't worry," replied Jeonghan. 

"Ne, I will take a good care of him, Mingyu," said the nurse.

Mingyu looks at Jeonghan, Jeonghan smiles and nods his head.

"Ok, but before I go, give me your phone number," said Mingyu, hand his handphone to Jeonghan.

Jeonghan hesitantly to take Mingyu's phone. He ended up take it and punches in his number with his name before gives back the phone to Mingyu.

Mingyu presses the call button and Jeonghan's phone is ringing for a few seconds and stop.

"That's my number, save ok?" told Mingyu.

Jeonghan nods and smiles. 

"And these are your books," said Mingyu, place half of the books that he gathered from the ground just now on the bed beside Jeonghan. 

"Thank you," said Jeonghan.

Mingyu smiles, "I go first ok, I will contact you later, bye," said Mingyu.

Jeonghan smiles again and his gaze follows Mingyu who walks out from the door. 

Jeonghan could not imagine how he could talk to, walk side by side and even got the phone number of the person he has crush on. He never forget how he met Mingyu for the first time. About one year ago, as usual he was in the library looking for the book for his assignment reference. He tiptoed to take the book from the highest row of the shelf and suddenly there are a hand from his behind helped him to take the book he could not reach. That person hand the book to him, bowed to him and walked away. Jeonghan followed and stop behind the shelf and took a peek to see the face of the person who helped him. He could see the boy is really tall and he has a bright smile on his handsome face. Started from that day, Jeonghan always takes a glance at Mingyu. Everyday Jeonghan will choose the table at the corner of the library and he always watched Mingyu came in around 1pm and Mingyu will go back at 6pm. He get to know Mingyu's name when he unintentionally overheard the librarian calling for his name. Day by day, he started to fall in love with Mingyu's kindness and good manner. He always saw Mingyu helped other students in the library and it made Jeonghan falling in love with Mingyu more and more from time to time. He also could see there are a lot of students who approached Mingyu but Mingyu being kind never reject them but he talked with them for a while and excuse himself to continue his work or study. Seeing that, he could not gather his courage since he knows he just one of Mingyu's admirers. Futhermore, he is really shy and introvert, thus what he can only do is admiring Mingyu from afar. 

__________


"Aishhh, where is my sketchbook?" whined Jeonghan to himself while look into his backpack.

Jeonghan pours out all the stuff in his backpack onto his bed. He scatters his stuff to look for his sketchbook. He let out the heavy sighs. He gets out from his bedroom.

"Eomma, did you take something from my room?" asked Jeonghan.

"No, I didn't enter your room at all today," replied Mrs. Yoon, Jeonghan's mother while take all the dirty clothes from the laundry's basket and puts them into the washing machine, "Why? Something missing?" asked Jeonghan's mother.

"Ummm...maybe I misplaced it," replied Jeonghan. 

"Do you want me to help you to find it?" asked Mrs. Yoon.

"It's ok eomma, I will find it," replied Jeonghan.

Jeonghan walks away and enters his room again. He sits on his bed after pushed away his stuff aside. 

'Did I misplaced it?' thought Jeonghan worriedly.

He is very sure that sketchbook was with him this morning because that is something he would not left anywhere unattended.

'I hope I will find it in the class tomorrow,' sighed Jeonghan again.

_____________


"Yoon Jeonghan!!!!" shouted Mingyu from far.

Mingyu could recognize Jeonghan from the way of Jeonghan walks and his long brown hair falls in front of his face. Maybe that is why Mingyu never notice Jeonghan before. But to think back, Mingyu is not the type who remember the persons around him easily. He met many students in the college especially in the library but he only remembers his coursemate. However, this time he is sure he would not forget Yoon Jeonghan, the boy with pretty face with long brown hair he bumped into till bleed yesterday.

Jeonghan turns his head when he heard someone called his name. His heart skipped a beat looking at Mingyu dashingly running toward him. Just like the leading actor in the drama running with special effect shining around him make him looking so stunning and gorgeous. He swallows his saliva when he realizes he's been captivated by the scene.

"Mingyu-ssi," said Jeonghan when Mingyu already stands right in front of him.

"Just call me Mingyu ok and I will call you Jeonghan," said Mingyu.

"Eo? O-ok," answered Jeonghan stutteringly.

"How's your elbow? Still hurt?" asked Mingyu. 

"Just a bit," replied Jeonghan.

"I'm really sorry Jeonghan, I really feel guilty," Mingyu apologizes again.

"It's ok, it just minor, don't worry," said Jeonghan softly and shifts his gaze again on the ground.

Mingyu smiles looking at the shy Jeonghan. 

"Where do you want to go?" asked Mingyu tries to shift the topic when he saw Jeonghan looks flustered.

"Library," answered Jeonghan.

"Oh! Me too, let's go together!" said Mingyu brightly.

Jeonghan nods and smiles listened to Mingyu's answer. Of course he knew Mingyu will go to the library after class and what make his smile wider is he could walk together with Mingyu to the library. 

"Where do you want to sit?" whispered Mingyu since they are in the library.

Jeonghan points at the corner of the library. "There, I always sit there."

"So, can I join you?" asked Mingyu. 

Jeonghan nods quickly.

Both of them settle themselves at the table with their books. Mingyu slide something forward to Jeonghan who sits in front of him. 

"It's yours, right?" asked Mingyu.

Jeonghan widen his eyes looks at the sketchbook in front of him.

"H-how did you get it?" asked Jeonghan stuttering a bit.

"Maybe I mistakenly thought it's mine when I separated our books yesterday," replied Mingyu.

"D-did you lo-look into it?" asked Jeonghan worriedly.

"No, why? Do you want me to look into it?" asked Mingyu further.

"A-ani, thank you...I've been searching it since yesterday," said Jeonghan.

"Is it so important to you?" questioned Mingyu when he look Jeonghan hugs the sketchbook tightly on his chest. 

"Ne, so much," answered Jeonghan.

Mingyu smiles looking at Jeonghan.

___________


Mingyu smiles while stares at the pictures in his phone. The pictures he quietly snapped w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter