CHAP I

Seeds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Eomma, I don't want to go” 4 year-old Jimin whined, stomping his chubby foot on the carpeted floor while his mother prepared breakfast for the family “What are you talking about Jiminie? We’re not going anywhere” she chuckled, going back to her corner in the kitchen, Jimin whined a little more but stopped when he heard his father's footsteps behind him. Jimin broke into a face splitting grin. he turned around and hugged his father's leg, wrapping his short legs and arms around it. “Good morning, Jiminie-- OH! What is this? Were you crying ? “Jimin shook his head quickly “No! Jimin is a strong manly boy!” both the adults laughed. Ruffling his hair and kissing their adorable child. “cmmon, breakfast is ready" the woman called as she finish putting the last two glasses of orange juice.

Halfway into breakfast, the man looked at his wife who was busy wiping Jimin's small hands, scolding him about eating properly, his tone turned serious as he spoke “I was promoted,” his wife beamed at him but noticed the strange look on his face, “ It's in Seoul.” the man continued. There was silence, only Jimin's loud chewing and his laughter at the silly Kids show can be heard. “Seoul...it's far.” the woman said calmly “when?” she asked, and the man seemed to hesitate with his answer “In 2 weeks, I-I— if you don't want to, I can re-“

“Honey,” she cut “it’s amazing. Let’s ask Jimi—“ then she remembered what the boy said a few minutes ago, " Wait, you already told Jimin about this ?” she asked confused. The man even more so when he said “Huh? No I didn't. I only heard about it yesterday night “the woman looked at her child questionably, but her confusion disappeared when she saw him grinning innocently at the TV “Ah, never mind. I'm okay with it; you've been working so hard. You deserve this. It’s on short notice but I can figure something out about my shop,” she smiled and turned to look at the child” Hey Jiminie, what do you thin—“the 4 year old's smile fell when he cut her off “I don't want to go. I like it here.” he wasn't even looking, his eyes fixed on the TV “Jiminie-" the woman tried to convince him, but her husband stopped her. Squeezing her hand and shaking his head. I'll talk to him, he mouthed and went back to his already cool coffee.

 

 

Three days later, without a word been spoken about moving to Seoul. Jimin slowly made his way in front of his father, sitting on his couch looking through some papers. Jimin begin climbing, struggling to finally succeed and sit on his father's lap, already having his full attention. “What is it captain?” he asked smiling at how cute his son's actions were. Jimin pouted his eyes falling to his chubby hands that flumped with the hem of his superman shirt, couple of minutes later of the man patiently waiting for something Jimin finally spoke, voice small and barely heard “ I'll go.” the man was stunned. “Are you sure cap’? There won't be a play ground near our apartment with your friends, and no Junmyeon to play with or stay with when we're busy. “Jimin stayed quiet for a while, his face twisting in so many expressions that were too cute “I know, but I will go with you and mommy,” the boy looked down and mumbled 'I don't want you to leave alone' but his father didn't hear the last part. The man put his reading glasses on the coffee table and lifted his son in the air, standing up as well and turning them both around, Jimin giggled loudly as he opened his arms and enjoyed the 'plane'.

 

Jimin didn't understand much, he only knew that he doesn't want his 'bad dream'— dreams he has from time to time and they always, always come true to— be true just because he was selfish and didn't want to leave his friends behind, for the price for staying, is not seeing his father again beside once every two months.

 

 

----

“Whoa!” Jimin shouted, amazed at the huge airplanes. he hopped up and down excitedly pulling both his parents forward with him “Let's go, let's go!” his excited happy shouts soon turned to being really quiet and frozen once he was in his seat inside the airplane he was so eager to get in just a couple hours earlier. His mother held his small hand in hers, whispering jokes and silly things in his ear sometimes tickling him just to distract him from his fear. And it worked, after the plane was finally flying smoothly in the air, Jimin was back to being the little fluff sunshine ball he was. Making a few of the passengers smile at how sweet he looked in his jumper and superman shirt he loved so much. Of course some busy people were annoyed as well and the couple were forced to calm their enthusiastic kid. They were glad though, they were worried that their only child would be upset for leaving his hometown behind. They shouldn't celebrate too soon still, he still hasn’t seen how busy and scary Seoul can be. Even for the couple, it would be hard to re-adjust to a new city.

 

-----

 

“Here I come, the evil witch will catch you and...turn you into a tiny cricket !!!” his mother yelled from behind as she was chasing him. Jimin giggled loudly and kept running toward the living room, “Noooo!” he kept running in only his underwear and dripping hair. He just took a shower but he didn't want to wear his clothes or dry his hair so now he's running away from the 'evil witch'. He stopped abruptly, making his mother stop also and sneak on him to catch him, but Jimin once again started running and stopped in front of the door, opening it to find his dad about to unlock the door. “Appa is heeere !!” Jimin yelled happily and did his monkey thing on his dad's leg. The man lifted him not so easily, Jimin is a growing boy after all, soon he'll start his first day in elementary school and his dad is getting old. They got inside and his mother wrapped a warm towel around his small body “Ohhh look at how big he's gotten in these two weeks. I wanted to surprise you, how did you know I was coming early ?” he asked settling his luggage by the entrance and smiling as he watched his wife struggle to put on his clothes.

“I saw it, in my dream!” Jimin yelled voice muffled by the shirt he had stuck on his head

“Dream?” his dad laughed, this boy is so silly.

“Yup! Sometimes it's bad sometimes it's good, like now. It showed me that appa is in front of the door.” The boy explained but the couple were just more confused. Jimin finally in his clothes the proper way, saw the confusion in his parents’ eyes. He thought for a second and got an idea to make them understand. “You know how superman is superman and Spiderman is spider man and ironman is iron man? I'm Jimin!” he said proudly, his parents laughed and ruffled his hair before starting to move to another conversation about how his business trip was and blah blah blah. Jimin frowned cutely, why didn't they understand? So, he thought again and maybe showing them is better than exp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter