Blind

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Daehyun’s POV*

“We’re going to have to stop to restock on water supply soon, since we couldn’t before.” Himchan informed to everyone, mostly to Yongguk. I nodded in agreement, the four younger members will get thirsty soon and they needed to stay hydrated. “We’ll do that when we stop for camp tonight.” Bang responded indifferently. Himchan just sighed, but he didn’t argue.

Youngjae shivered behind me, snuggling into my back, trying to keep warm. Today was much colder than the past few days, since winter is right around the corner. The wind blew slightly stronger and was bitter. “Are you okay?” I asked the human.

The younger just nodded, his arms wrapped around himself. “Do you want me to hug you to keep you warm?” I suggested. He just looked at me a light blush on his cheeks. “How can you do that and guide the horse?” He said. “I can do many things Youngjae…don’t underestimate me.” I smiled cheekily at him. “Are you sure you’re okay though? I don’t want you to get sick.” I said getting serious.

“I’m fine~, it’s just that…I feel weird. Something doesn’t seem right.” He said. What’s the matter?” I asked concerned. “It’s just…are you sure that you didn’t see anything yesterday? Like perhaps a shadow the shape of a dragon?” He questioned. I thought for a bit before slowly shaking my head.

“That’s strange…I know I saw it. It seemed so real. Maybe I was the one who didn’t miss it, but the strange thing was…that, the shadow seemed to have made a U-turn after getting a little past us. And what’s even weirder is that there was nothing in the sky.” He explained. I didn’t respond. “Um…Daehyun.”

I froze feeling fear involuntarily grip my chest. “D-Daehyun…can you hear me? Are you alright?” Youngjae was now worried. I could feel a strong presence equal to Bang’s grip the atmosphere. Himchan froze as well, not moving a single inch. Yongguk growled deeply…there was another pureblood around here…somewhere.

Yongguk stepped down from his horse, standing in front of Zelo protectively. Himchan and I did the same, only, a little more hesitant. Jongup furrowed his brow in confusion. “What’s the matter?” he asked, slowly climbing off. “Jaehwan…come here.” Bang ordered, his voice lower than usual.

The 10 year old obeyed, jumping off the horse and ran over to the pureblood and Zelo. Yongguk held out his hand and an orange see through bubble encircled around Zelo and Jaehwan protectively. “Hey!” Zelo said hitting the shield. “What about Youngjae?!” I snapped finding the situation unfair.

“If Youngjae is with them, then they’ll also be attacked.” Bang gritted through his teeth. “Take him ahead of us somewhere safe.” He ordered. I nodded and jumped back onto the horse. “Yah!” I kicked off with my heels and the horse ran off at full speed on the path.

I could hear the sound of people jumping out of the trees and hissing from a distance behind us. Youngjae held onto me tightly as the horse ran fast throughout the woods.

I looked around for a spot where Jae could hide safely. Every now and then I glance over my shoulder to make sure we weren’t being followed. Even though we were a good distance away from the fight I could feel the tension.

A few minutes later I spotted what looked like a miniature cave. There was a small opening covered in grass and leaves with a rock ledge hanging over it. I stopped the horse and hopped off first, helping Youngjae down after.

“Hide here.” I said pulling him over to the ledge, forcing him to sit down under it. “Stay here for now. Do not get out for anything. We’ll come for you when we’re done.” I instructed sternly, yet with much caution. Youngjae nodded. “Here, put on my cloak for now, so my scent can cover yours, but they shouldn’t be able to find you if they search for you.” I took off my cloak and placed it on him. “If you happen to find yourself in danger, run off on the horse. I’m leaving it here.” I added.

“Y-You’re not staying?” His voice was quiet and low. He didn’t dare to look up at me.

I sighed, caressing my finger on his soft cheek. “I wish I could stay.” I said gently. “But I have to help fight.” The human looked off to the side. “I hat e running away and hiding, when all of this is my fault. I want to help fight.” He said tugging on his shirt. I smiled slightly. “You can’t fight…You’re a farm boy.” I tried to joke, but he just looked at me.

“I’ll teach you how to fight when I come back.” I promised. “Come back soon.” He said looking at me with worried eyes. “I will.” I said standing up. I tied the horse to a tree further away from Jae’s Hiding spot, then I murmured an incantation. Black mist circled around me, teleporting me to the fight.

 

“It’s about time.” Himchan said when I appeared right next to him. He was in the middle of fighting off four Exo members with Jongup’s help. “Where’s Bang?” I asked. “He’s off fighting Kris.” The elder vampire answered, dodging a punch. “Daehyun.” Chen hissed charging at me. I was suddenly slammed hard into the nearest tree.

I groaned slightly at the impact. My fangs extended and irises turned to red. I kicked the elder hard in the stomach, forcing him to stumble backwards.

 

 

*3rd Person POV*

Chen managed to find his center before he could fall on his behind. Daehyun jumped in the air landing right in front of him. “Where’s Youngj-,” Daehyun slammed his fist into Chen’s face before he could finish his sentence. Chen hissed angrily at him. “That’s none of your business.” Daehyun spat, punching the elder in the face again. “Yes it is! He killed one of our members.” Chen snapped. The younger vampire went to punch him again, but Chen managed to catch his fist. He twisted his wrist and flipped him over, causing him to slam his back onto the ground.

Daehyun quickly hopped to his feet. “You don’t even know what happened.” Daehyun growled. “I don’t have to know what I saw was enough!” Chen hissed. He jumped at Daehyun and tackled him to the floor.

Daehyun swiftly maneuvered his position to where he now pinned Chen on the ground, but before he could do anything he was yanked from on top of Chen and thrown into another tree. “What is with you guys and trees?” Daehyun groaned falling to his feet. Tae threw a punch at him but Daehyun quickly ducked, causing the elder to slam his fist into the bark of the tree.

Luhan threw punch after punch. Himchan was able to block each of them, with an exception of a few. “Hmm, you’re a much better fighter than I thought.” Luhan noted indifferently. “And you’re worse.” Himchan stated blocking Luhan’s nth punch. “Are you sure about that?” Luhan said. Himchan made his counter attack and kicked the younger in the stomach then upper cut him in his face. “Yeah.” He said.

Luhan spat before grinning menacingly, throwing the elder off guard. Luhan took this opportunity and spun around, kicking Himchan in the temple. “Aarg…” Himchan stumbled to the side holding his head. “I’m not so bad.” Luhan said dusting off his hands. “You little!” Himchan charged at the younger and pinned him to the ground punching him over and over in the face. Luhan kneed Himchan in his stomach. Himchan keeled over holding his mid-section. Luhan snuffed and then punched the elder in his own face.

Jongup slid on his feet catching himself from falling. “Ugh, I hate dealing with filthy dogs like you.” Baekhyun said walking around too size the werewolf up. Jongup extended his sharp teeth, his rises turning a fierce yellow. “Don’t call me a dog.” He growled. He jumped on the elder pinning him against a tree. “Fine…just get off of me you mutt.” Baekhyun sneered. Jongup lifted the elder up in the air about to slam him into the ground, when suddenly the vampire counted his move and flipped Jongup hard on his back.

“I rather fight someone worthy of my time than some canine.” Baekhyun was about to run off and help Luhan, but Jongup spun on his back and tripped the elder with his feet. He stood up and glared down at the vampire. “Leech.” He snarled. Baekhyun hissed angrily hopping back on his feet. The vampire jumped in the air and slammed his foot into Jongup’s face. The werewolf stumbled backwards growling. His inner werewolf was triggered. He howled loudly, transforming into his most dangerous form.

Jaehwan stared in amazement watching everyone fight. “Yeah! Go Daehyun! Punch him in the face!” The 10 year old cheered. “Himchan! Watch out! Haha! Whoa~! Jongup, rip his head off!” Jaehwan clapped. Zelo banged on the shield with his fists, there was no way in getting out. He hated to sit down and watch. He may not be a vampire or werewolf, but he had powers. “We have to help.” Zelo finally said. Jaehwan looked up at the elder innocently. “How?”

Bang and Kris were off in the distance stalking in a circle, their eyes never leaving each other as if to size one another up. “Honestly, I really don’t feel like fighting. It’s such a waste to fight you guys, and I know you don’t want to fight either.” Kris said. Bang growled at him. “Anyway, Youngjae is not part of your clan and he’s not even a vampire. So why are you protecting him? He killed a clan member. His fate is inevitable. Just hand him over.” Kris remained cool. “He’s Daehyun’s.” Bang growled once more.

“But…he’s not his mate.” Kris stated. “Are you going to fight or not?” Bang barked.

“I don’t really want to. I just want Youngjae, so he can get what’s coming for him.” The younger stated, his tone suddenly becoming dark. Bang growled and charged at the younger. Kris sighed, why couldn’t Suho have fought the anger possessed pureblood? Kris barely blocked Bang’s attack on time, causing him to skid back a little.

Daehyun jumped over Chen’s feet that tried to trip him and he dodged Tao’s punch. Though he successfully dodged the two elder vampire’s attacks it was hard for him to counter attack and he was beginning to get tired. “Tell us where he is.” Tao demanded. “No!” Daehyun hissed punching the taller member. Chen yanked him back and threw him to the ground. Chen then dug his heel into his back. “Just give up. You can’t win against us. Tell us! Now.” Chen said now getting annoyed.

“Never! I’ll do whatever it takes to protect him.” Daehyun snapped. This angered Chen even more. “That piece of doesn’t deserve to be protected! He killed D.O.!” He spat, his eyes getting watery. Electricity surged through him and Daehyun was suddenly shocked my lightening. “AAARRGG!” Daehyun howled in pain. “Tell us!” Chen demanded. “No!” Daehyun burst.

Static came from Chen’s hands as he was about to electrocute the younger again when he was suddenly knocked over like a bowling pin, by a very large, human-sized ball.

Chen rolled over on the ground completely confused. “What the-,” “Yeah! Get off of Daehyun!” Jaehwan stuck his tongue out. Chen shot lighting at him and Zelo only to have it bounce off and hit him sending him back into a tree. “You can’t touch us!” Jaehwan taunted, his hands on his hips. Zelo couldn’t help but chuckle.

Daehyun weakly got to his feet only to get kicked in the face by Tao. “This is not

Please log in to read the full chapter