I'm Sorry

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Youngjae’s POV*

That night as Mrs. Lee worked on D.O., Mr. Lee went out to tell my parents that we had returned. I didn’t want to leave D.O.’s side, but everyone forced me to go to bed and get some sleep. The Lees, thankfully, allowed Daehyun and I to stay in their guest room so we could immediately check on D.O. the next morning.

However, I couldn’t sleep. A terrible guilt and sadness overcame me. I couldn’t think of anything else. I killed D.P. Tears overflowed every time this thought came to mind. There was no way around it, whether it was on accident it didn’t matter…I killed him. “Youngjae…Please.” Daehyun tried his best to comfort me. He couldn’t sleep either, something else seemed to be bothering him as well.

I turned around in the bed to face him. “I-I can’t Daehyun. I feel horrible. I feel so dirty. I killed someone…” I said not believing my own words. “…and what’s even worse is that I knew him. We weren’t really friends and we hardly knew each other…but he was friendly and I-I took his life away with m-my own hands.” I cried my own hands trembling.

“I know Youngjae. But you weren’t trying to kill him. You’re intentions were to go for the feral, but the feral was just one step ahead of you. It wasn’t your fault.” He tried to assure me, though it had little effect on me. He sighed and wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in closely. “A-A-And what’s even worse is that he was somebody’s mate.” I bawled into his chest.

“I know…and that’s going to be the biggest problem.” He said, rubbing my back gently. I looked up at him. “Is that what you were thinking about?” I asked through my tears. He nodded. “What’s going to happen?” I sniffled.

“I’ll tell you tomorrow. For now just get some rest. Things are going to be different for a while.” He said.

I buried my face into his chest crying out the rest of my tears. “I wish it were me in his place, rather than him.” I muffled into his shirt. Daehyun squeezed me tightly. “Don’t say that.” He breathed quietly. “If it’s anyone’s fault…it’s mine. It was my idea to go there and I’m the one who gave you the dagger. So if you have to blame anyone, blame me, not yourself.” He said. “No Daehyun. I’s far from your fault.”

I down casted my eyes feeling even worse. “I’m sorry for ruining our week’s fun.” I sighed. “It’s okay…you just owe me another one.” I could hear the smile in his voice, which actually warmed me up for a second.

*Kai’s POV*

I was laid on my side under the covers of my bed. My eyes were irritated and dry, lifeless, my fangs still exposed. The pain in my chest was less severe than before, but it was still agonizing.

Suho was sat by my bedside rubbing my back gently, in an attempt to somehow make me feel calm. Everyone was gathered in my bedroom as we all waited for Xiumin, Chen, Luhan, Baekhyun, and hopefully Kyungsoo, to return.

Despite all the physical pain nothing hurt more than the pain in my heart. I couldn’t feel Kyungsoo> when the shock from earlier came I felt like I was disconnected from him. I felt as if I lost the other half of me. I couldn’t even detect his emotions. “Kyungsoo~…” I groaned, my voice hoarse.

“They’re here!” Lay announced. Everyone stood to their feet except for Suho, Kris, and I, as the four stepped into the room. “Sehun.” Luhan called the younger quietly, hugging him tightly, he looked as if he had been crying. The other three stood in a triangle, facing Suho, Kris, and I. Chen stood in the middle of Baekhyun and Xiumin. “What happened?” Suho asked in a firm tone.

Xiumin and Baekhyun refused to say anything, leaving the talking to Chen. Chen looked more angry than sad, compared to the other 3. He sighed and looked forward, his eyes focused only on our two leaders, he was forcefully avoiding eat every cost to look at me.

“D.O. was killed…” he announced. Even though he stood firmly, his voice was shaky and unstable. He earned a few gasps at this statement and everyone avoided looking at me except for Kris and Suho.

I felt my heart sink into the abyss of my stomach and the pain intensified. “Argg…” I moaned in pain digging my fingernails into my chest.

Suho took a deep breath, trying his hardest to remain calm. “Who did this?” he asked, his voice cold. “It was that stupid human the guy Daehyun likes. In fact…Daehyun came a few seconds after we came. I don’t think he had anything to do with it.” Chen explained. I growled at the sound of Daehyun’s name.

“It doesn’t matter if he has anything to do with it. The kid is pretty much with the BAP Clan. We’re gonna go for the kid, and the BAP clan will most likely protect him.” Kris spoke up, being serious for the first time.

Chen nodded in understanding. “What’s this kid’s name?” Suho questioned. “Youngjae.” Baekhyun answered this time. “…Youngjae~…” I breathed making sure to remember his name. The name, however, sounded awfully familiar.

Wait a second…Kyungsoo had mentioned him before. He was that kid from the farm. But why would he…? “We’re going to go after this Youngjae kid. He did more than just kill a clan member, and we have the right to attack. BAP may get in the way, but that’s fine we can handle them. Jongin will be in charge of this attack. We’ll start planning in a couple of days, for now, Jongin needs to rest.” Suho announced to everyone.

With that said, everyone left the room with the exception of Suho, Kris, and Lay. Lay stayed in case he needed to help and heal me. Luhan lagged behind to whisper something in my ear.

“I’ll follow whatever you say, but if I happen to spot that human on my own, despite whatever your command, I’m going to take the life out of him.” And with that he walked out of my room. Honestly, I didn’t care about what happens to that Youngjae guy…I just wanted Kyungsoo back.

Tears sped down my cheeks. He can’t be gone. He just can’t. I promised I’d protect him. I can’t live without him. “Kyungsoo!!” I cried. My heart felt empty, yet it was so heavy.

*Youngjae’s POV*

The following morning Daehyun and I jumped out of bed and immediately ran into the small infirmary room of the house, where an unconscious D.O. laid on the medical bed. Mrs. Lee was there as well, cleaning up and checking on D.O. every so often.

“D.O.” I gasped running to his bed side. His skin was deathly pale and cold. Tears refilled the wells of my eyes. “I’m so sorry D.O…I-I am so, so sorry. I will do anything to get you out of this state.” Just looking at him made me disgusted with myself. “How is he?” Daehyun asked the healer.

Mrs. Lee shook her head. “He’s not good. I couldn’t do much but extend his life span just a little with my healing powers.” She said wiping her hands. “Extend?” Daehyun questioned. “Yes. What the dagger did was put him in a coma. However, there’s no way of him waking up from it, and within a week he would’ve died. But my powers helped delay that to a little over a month.” She explained.

“So when humans are stabbed with the pearl dagger, it puts them in a coma for a week and then they um…die?” Daehyun recollected. Mrs. Lee nodded in confirmation. “But…” She said with a slight smile. The two of us gave her our full attention. But?

Kikwang’s mother sat down before speaking again. “Since it was magic that made him this way, and it’s magic that is keeping him in a coma, there is a way to save him.” She finally said. My eyes widened. “Really?!” I asked, hope suddenly overwhelming me. She nodded.

“There are many different healing herbs and flowers everywhere, but there is this one garden that has a vast amount of plants and herbs that have magical healing abilities. The garden is called ‘Sanando Hortum’, which means ‘Healing Garden. The flower you need in order to awaken the young boy out of his coma is called ‘Flos Vegetativa’.” She began.

“It’s a truly beautiful flower. Its petals are red and large with tiny golden dots that almost look like glitter, and has a white stem. You have to rub its nectar on an open wound on his chest over where his heart is, so it can go straight to his heart and begin to restore his life again.” She explained.

Excitement overtook me and I smiled widely at Daehyun who still seemed a bit uneasy. “Where is this Sandy Horton garden place thing?” He asked. “Sanando Hortum.” Mrs. Lee corrected taking out a square, dark sandy, piece of paper. She unfolded it, revealing its map-like features.

“It’s very difficult to find and far from anywhere. It’s a journey that would take a few weeks to get there. I’ve been there when I was younger, while I was learning how to use my powers properly by a teacher.” She said. “It looks like you have to cross a river once you get close.” Daehyun pointed out. “Yes, it’s on an island, but there is a hidden portal that you can take that will take you straight to the island I’s on. If you find it along the way you’re fee to go through it.” Mrs. Lee further explained.

“Can’t you just use magic to get there?” Daehyun questioned. Mrs. Lee shook her head and said, “It’s hidden and hard to find, even with magic. The only way to find it is to follow the path on the map.” Daehyun we have to go!” I finally said tugging his arm. “Youngjae.” Mrs. Lee breathed. “I can’t let you go out there. It’s too dangerous.” She said.

“But I have to. I must.

Please log in to read the full chapter