Our lives don't collide

Love and its perks.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taehyung stood in front of the wooden door that was loosely held by the rusted hinges. This is not the first time he is here; last time he came here for the initial deposit for the one roomed house. He had lied to his brother saying he had a field project and with money he saved by working in the small shop after school he came here to find a place. To be honest this place was not somewhere one would feel safe and it is little too far from pretty. It is situated downtown were people with meager salary stayed but at least it was not a den of thugs. Sure you would find them later at nights while walking down the street but Taehyung would worry later about it. Because he is grateful to find a place at least or else he might have slept on the streets.

 

The landlord was a small man with a mop of black hair on his head. He didn’t ask much like the other landlords he met. The others asked a lot of questions the first one was an old lady. She squinted her eyes and scrutinized him from head to toe the other two thought he had lied about his age. Well Taehyung looked pretty young for his age and after all convincing, even after showing them his school ID they still refused to take him in. Taehyung was beyond frustrated this was the last one. But it was already rented but seeing his crestfallen face the brown haired man took pity on him. He lead him upstairs a small room which was crammed with worn out furnitures, and old stuff the placed looked like a mess but landlord said he could throw the stuffs  out making space for him.

 

‘’These were the previous tenant’s they left it here so I kept it thinking I sell it to the wholesaler but never got time. You can take anything you want from here though most of it is of no use.’He said pointing out the pile of junk he was looking a doubtful that his new tenant would want any of it but Taehyung beamed he was more than happy.

 

After going through the stuffs which Taehyung quietly admitted were truly in a bad condition, he chose to keep a small couch the double bed that was missing planks from the middle. The landlord said he had to use the common bathroom that was on the second floor. Before leaving he took a good look at the room so later on he could decide what things he had to bring to settle in.

 

Taehyung pushed the door openly slowly not wanting it to cause any more damage than what was already done. The room looked spacious now as the pile of junks was removed leaving the faded green couch and the shabby looking bed. Though there were few planks he knew he had to work hard to fix them. He was lost thinking where to start when a sudden knock pulled him out of the reverie. The landlord peeked in his face red he was panting a little. Taehyung quickly opened the door and moved aside to let him in. he had a small cabinet behind him hardly two meters.

 

‘’This was my son’s he doesn’t use it anymore, I thought maybe you could put it to some use ’’ he said while catching his breath.

 

Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter