Another Journey To Walk

The Wedding Breaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Love sets you free.

 

"Thanks for meeting me up." He said, almost inaudibly as he stared at his wife.

 

"Of course. You're still my husband after all." She uttered, a faint but genuine smile on her face. Chanyeol returned the gesture, the heavy load that was there inside him slowly dissipating. It's been months since he last had a talk with her like this. He wished it'll be all well soon.

 

"Have you heard?" He asked and Jinri looked back at him, waiting for what he's about to say. "Joohyun and Sehun went back to New York. I've heard they're going to start anew."

 

Jinri bit her inner cheek with the news. She knew that, Sehun had told her. For a moment she could hear her heart shattering in pieces. But this is what she had told him, right? To fix himself. This was all for the better. It's time to settle all these issues. It's time to stop hurting everyone and start all over again.

 

"Jinri, I'm really sorry."

 

"Don't be. If there's anyone who has to say sorry here, it was me. I'm sorry for hurting you Chanyeol." She said, fighting back the urge to cry.

 

"You never hurt me. Well, not in that way but what I'm trying to say is I could only love you therefore there's no way you could make me feel hurt. I can only love you."

 

Jinri felt the corner of her eyes stung but she succeeded on hiding it by beaming back to him. "We'll start over again." She declared.

 

Chanyeol dared to reach for her hand and she let him be. He thought that the toughest part was over until he noticed that she's still not wearing their wedding ring. But he didn't give up at that. He knew he only had to try harder. If Joohyun could win her partner back, and so can he.

 

"We should let each other go." The statement shocked Chanyeol, to say the least.

 

"But, didn't you say we'll start all over?"

 

"Yes. But separately." Jinri hated the way pain crossed over his face with the news. She's doing it again. She's hurting him again.

 

"Jinri, I-I can't--"

 

"You can. You’re a strong man. It might be hard for now but you'll be okay. Someday, you're going to find that woman, who will love you the way you love her. Who would be thinking just you. That woman whom you rightfully deserve Park Chanyeol." She uttered, moving closer as she cupped his face.

 

"W-Why can't you be her?" He asked, helpless. Hopeless. Jinri bit her lip. She was loathing herself more and more by the minute.

 

"B-Because I can't." She answered, wiping the tears of her beloved best friend with her thumb. "Because you worth the best there is--"

 

"But I want you! Choi Jinri, I want you. I need you." He mumbled the words over and over, whimpering and Jinri couldn't hold her tears back any longer.

 

"It'll be fine. Y-You'll be fine."

 

"No!"

 

"Chanyeol-ah, listen to me. You can do it. You're strong and brave. Braver than me and Sehun. You'll get through this. And someday you'll find her. You'll look back to this day and be grateful because I stopped being selfish and sets you free. Find your happiness Chanyeol. Find the one who will truly complete you."

 

It was hard. Harder than they both thought it'll be. It was hard to let go. Much harder to move on. It might take long but it'll be fine.

 

 

After 4 years

 

Love isn't forced.

 

It's been years since she last breathed this not so warm yet not cold either breeze of autumn. She was back in this place she didn't expect she'll be returning again. And what's more amazing was the fact that she's fine. More than fine actually. Joohyun had returned to her modelling, exactly three years ago. It wasn't that easy, since she had quit the business even before her career actually blooms but since she had the natural given talent, she gained the trust of an agency and on her first catwalk; she made the name Bae Irene the subject of all fashion sites in weeks.

 

She had also signed various endorsements and print ads which made her quite remarkable amongst fashion enthusiast on the whole Northern America. Right now, she was venturing on making it big across Europe as she was scheduled on her first ever European shoot in Italian Vogue. Having a one-week break before the said photo shoot, she asked her manager to visit Asia, heading to one particular place that will forever hold a special spot in her heart. Seoul. And there she was now.

 

Standing at that particular spot where she and Sehun had their first date when they moved to Korea, she could still remember how it all had been as if it had happened yesterday. Everything. She could even see the vague images of her and the man on that certain coffee shop's window. Or the playful side of him when he mercilessly beat her in every arcade game. She laughed to herself, never minding the fact if she's looking like a crazy person now. If she had been here, on this very same spot five years ago, reminiscing and all, she might have been crying already. She must have looked so pathetic. She must have been so depressed. But that was her four years ago. It's not the same now.

 

"Joohyun, why--"

 

"It can't be the same Sehun. We both know it'll never be the same. I love you, and I still do. That's why I'm setting you free." She uttered. She was close to tearing up but she held on it. She needed to say this once and for all, right now. For if she won't, she doesn't know when will be the next time she'll find the courage to do so.

 

"What? But--"

 

She cupped his face and drew him closer, placing a soft kiss on his lips. "This means nothing anymore, right?"

 

"N-No, it's--"

 

"We can never insist something that wasn't there anymore."

 

"I don't want to hurt you." He whispered, his eyes closed, pressing his palms over her hands that were on his face.

 

"You won't hurt me." She muttered, biting her lips as she finally let the tears flow. She was glad Sehun had his eyes close or maybe he intended to do so because he knows she wouldn't want him to see her cry. "I don't want to be trap in a lie, in something you were doing because you think it's the right thing to do. I'd rather lose you, than be with you when I know you're not happy."

 

"I am happy."

 

"You're not. Your happiness doesn't lie with me. We need to stop this cycle once and for all. It's time to be true to ourselves. We need to be honest so we can finally find our real happiness." Joohyun explained, caressing his cheek as she let herself stare at that beautiful face for one last time.

 

"Let's be happy." She uttered, still crying but with a smile on her face. Sehun returned it, his expression the same as hers.

 

"Thank you."

 

And she's happy. She perfectly is.

 

~

 

Love lights the world.

 

Joohyun wondered where she'll be spending her tokens when she caught sight of a familiar figure. The tall, handsome man was laughing like crazy, a very good imitation of a five year old could be seen on his expression as he shoot balls on that hoop. A loud cheer followed suit as he raised both of his hands, showing a gesture of victory as a boy pouted behind him, not liking the fact that he had lose.

 

"You're unfair dad! Of course you'll win; you're a lot bigger than me! I even have to tiptoe to reach these balls!" Seven years old Chanhyun glared at his father.

 

"You said you want me to fight with you like a man, and not as your father? And now you're sulking because you lose?" Chanyeol chuckled and messed his son's naturally mess up hair.

 

"You'll see! Wait for me to grow more and I'll beat you!" He uttered and Chanyeol could only laugh.

 

"Chanyeol-ah."

 

He turned around and was a bit startled upon perceiving who it was. He was a bit shock for a moment before breaking out in a wide grin.

 

"Joohyun!" He called but even before he could make a move, Chanhyun beat him to it.

 

"Aunt Joohyun!" He exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear. Joohyun chuckled at that. She spread her arms to give Chanhyun a hug, the boy rushing to her arms as she did. "You're so big now."

 

"And a lot more handsome!" He beamed and Joohyun giggled even more.

 

"Definitely you are." She grinned and Chanyeol could only shake his head.

 

~

 

"Wow, you mean you're doing a European cover!" Chanyeol asked with wide eyes as he, Joohyun and Chanhyun decided to eat on an ice cream parlour on that particular mall.

 

"Not really a cover. Just a spread." She answered, taking a bite on her mint tea ice cream.

 

"That's the same! Oh my God, I can't believe it. My friend in an Italian magazine spread." He uttered, motioning a thumbs up which made her chuckled yet again.

 

"I'm not. Not yet that is. Enough about me, how about you? I see you're being a good father?" She asked, cocking an eyebrow as she gaze at Chanhyun who was busy filling half of his face with ice cream.

 

Chanyeol scratched his nape as he smiled shyly. "Well, I'm trying to." He uttered, then realizing his son's current state, he quickly got a napkin and wiped the kid's face, saying something about eating properly.

 

"You've always been a good father Chanyeol." She said, a genuine smile on her face. The guy stopped what he's doing to looked back at her and once he saw her smile, he find himself blushing a little with the compliment.

 

"T-Thanks."

 

Joohyun grinned even more.

 

~

 

"So you're finally managing a business?" Joohyun asked as they walked along the busy street of Seoul. It was night time, the ever active Chanhyun now sleeping soundly on Chanyeol's back. The two decided to stroll for a while, they never know when will be the next time they'll be seeing each other anyway.

 

"Yeah. Three years ago, I told my father I want to work on my own. I want to show him that I'm a responsible man, that I could be someone he can be proud of. He let me be but he told me if I failed I can't go back to his company anymore. I started with a food business since it's the thing that makes the most sense to me. I worked in a small company owned by one of my classmates in college. We started off with a very little stall and luckily, it grew. Well at first it was hard, since we're selling frozen goods and there are a lot of frozen goods sellers and retailers around. But then a few tactics and overnight brainstorming and of course a very talented crew, we made it. I'm not bragging but it's actually my idea that made us become noticeable with the public." He grinned and Joohyun widened her eyes.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah. I want to tell you everything but it's a long story. To cut it short, the market bit on our little strategy and now, four years later, we had a total of twenty branches all around Seoul and Incheon. And I become the CEO since my classmate decided venturing on other businesses."

 

"You mean, you had stores all around the city?" She asked, happy with the success her friend had.

 

"Pretty much. And I gained my father's respect so it was all good." Chanyeol said, smiling to himself as he thought of that day where his father had told him that he was proud of him. He had always been, he had only wanted to push his son to do better. And he did.

 

"Jinri must be very proud of you." She said out of the blue which surprised Chanyeol a little but then smiled with it.

 

"Yeah. She's my best friend after all."

 

"Best friend?" Joohyun raised an eyebrow, even stopping from her tracks as she gazed probingly at Chanyeol.

 

"Yeah. My best friend." He answered, his steps coming to a halt too as he looked back at the bewildered Joohyun.

 

"S-so you guys--" She wanted to ask but the words refused to went out of . But nevertheless, Chanyeol understood. "For how long?"

 

"A few days when you guys went back to America." He answered and she could only nod her head upon the realization. He chuckled at her expression and started walking. It took half a minute before she caught up with him.

 

"You okay now, right?" She asked, not bothering to hide the fret on her face.

 

"Never better." He grinned back at her. She checked him for a while before smiling back. He indeed looks happy and contented now.

 

"So you're single?" Joohyun carried on with the conversation, walking side by side with Chanyeol again.

 

"I'm committed to this rascal here." He completed his sentence, gazing at the slumbering Chanhyun on his back to make his point.

 

"Me too! Committed to my work." Joohyun said and this time, it was Chanyeol who had stopped from his tracks. She smiled a little, walking a few steps from him before looking back. She showed her hands and he noticed there was no ring on any of her fingers.

 

"For how long?" Chanyeol couldn't help but to ask.

 

"A month after we moved back to New York." She smiled before walking again. It took Chanyeol a whole minute to follo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter