His & Her First Love

The Wedding Breaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In contrast to that peaceful evening the other time she was there, it was actually raining really hard that the rainbow fountain show was cancelled that night. Aside from the lights coming from the bridge itself and the cars passing by, everything actually spells darkness, mirroring the Cimmerian shade inside her heart.

 

Armed with a number of bottled alcohols, Joohyun rested her head on her car's seat, watching how the rain falls down on her window as she takes a sip of the beer she's drowning herself with. It was the third night since their secret has been out in the open, the third night since she last saw her husband, the third night since he hinted that it'll be the end of everything. She tried calling him, tried seeing him, but he never showed up. She chuckled painfully as she remembered on how the nurses of that hospital had told her Dr. Oh's answer when they informed him that his wife is looking for him.

 

I don't have a wife now.

 

She bit her lip. Sehun always have the tendency to be really harsh sometimes. The case might be hopeless, but she knows she's nowhere near giving up. She'll just give this night away, to cool things down so as they say. But she'll be back. She’ll take her husband and their life together back.

 

~

 

The loud laughter from the hosts of that late night show on TV echoes all over the room, yet none of it matters to the sole viewer, who was currently busy scanning over his and his wife's wedding photos. The more he flipped on the pages, the more he clutch tightly on the pillow at his side, gritting his teeth before suddenly throwing the said album in a corner. He grips on a handful of his hair and groaned. Why something like this has to happened?

 

Overwhelmed by adversity, he got up and started throwing anything he could reach. Never mind that it's already late at night, never mind that he'll be reported by his neighbours with all the noises he's been making. He doesn't give a damn. He's pretty much screwed up, a call from his landlord won't hurt anymore.

 

He came into a halt however, as he picked up a photo frame in one of the shelves. It was the high school picture of the three best friends, similar with the one Jinri and Chanyeol has in their own home. The picture of them in the noodle shop, with alien eyes and silly faces.

 

For some odd reasons, Sehun just felt his knees weakens. Unconsciously swaying as he walked backwards, he slumped on the couch with the photo frame on his hand. They used to be really happy. If only things would be as simple as it was.

 

How can life be this cruel.

 

~

 

Jinri went out of Sohee's room, where her son Chanhyun is currently sleeping since they moved in there, when saw her sister peering over their window. She let out a sigh. He's still there. She was about to turned the other way to ignore everything when her brother-in-law came to view, holding an unused umbrella and some untouched food.

 

"He doesn't want any of it. He said he's fine." Kyung Ho, her sister's husband, uttered and Jinri didn't say a word.

 

"He's been in there for almost five hours now. It's been raining non-stop and I won't be surprise if he'll catch a cold." Sooyoung said in a worried tone.

 

"He said he just want to see his family." Kyung Ho informed the two and the couple looked helplessly at Jinri. Eyes b with tears, the girl bit her lip but stayed being speechless. She walked back inside the room she exited, closing the door without making any sound.

 

Sooyoung sighed as she watched her sister disappeared on the room. Kyung Ho put the platter and the umbrella down on a table beside him before hugging his wife from her back. Together they hoped everything will be alright. Although they both know it's going to be a long way to go.

 

~

 

Chanyeol crouched down just beside the condominium's entrance. Outsiders aren't allowed inside the condo's vicinity and even if the guards pity his state right now, all soaked up and shivering, they can't let him in for they might lose their job. Chanyeol gave them an understanding smile, he was yet thankful that they at least let him stay there. So he can freely wait for his wife. Waiting had never been an issue for him. He had been doing that for all his life.

 

Waited for his father's recognition, waited for his subordinates' respect, waited for something he had ever wanted all his life. His life had been all about waiting, and asking. This is nothing. Another hour passed and his eye lids were closed to giving up. The rain had finally stopped but he was nowhere near going home. If he was to wait until morning or even for another day, he would. He could. And he should. Just then, he heard footsteps approaching him and at once he was up. But then, the hope vanishes as he saw his sister-in-law Sooyoung, a look of apology written on her face.

 

"Noona."

 

"I'm sorry Chanyeol. She really don't want to see you."

 

"I-I'll still wait."

 

"Don't. Please, you're going to get sick. You can always come back the next day. But now, please you have to go home."

 

"But noona--"

 

"Come back when you can fully stand straight." She said and Chanyeol tried but he knows he can't. Besides from the fact that he had crouched down for hours, his trembling from staying too long under the rain added up. "It's enough that you’re emotionally stressed out. Being weak in your physical state won't help you winning my sister back." She kept on and though Chanyeol wants to argue, he realized she's right. He nodded once before walking back to his car, with the help of the guards of course.

 

"Wait." He said just when he's about to enter his vehicle. Sooyoung cocked an eyebrow as she waited for what he has to say. "Please tell her I love her."

 

She was out for words at first, before letting out a faint smile. "I will."

 

Hours became days, as days became weeks. Stretching over a month and it's now Chanhyun's birthday. There were instances Chanyeol and Joohyun got the chance to talk things out. There were times Jinri and Sehun almost considered on taking another shot. But then there's more to their current situation than meets the eye. As atrocious as it may seemed, the faux pas just pave pathways to more issues the four of them has yet to resolved. They were all tangled in this chaotic web. Dangerous, destructive, beyond any doubt chaotic.

 

~

 

His mood was off as soon as the elevator opens. He blatantly ignored her as he made his way out of the building and towards his car. It's his godson's birthday, there's no way he's going to be late just because of this.

 

"Sehun please!" Joohyun begged as she tried to block him from his car door.

 

"Please leave before I can say anything that we're both going to regret later. We've been hurting too much for so long. Do both of us a favor by staying out of my way until the papers come."

 

"We can still talk through this. Please. You can't break up with me just because of that one false step! Don't I deserve to be forgiven? That was just one mistake! Why can't we just go back to the way it was!" She blurted out just before she could stop herself. She's been holding it in for too long. How can he let go of her just like that? Sehun was about to enter his car slammed the door shut when he heard her words. He harshly looked back at her, cringing a bit when he saw her terrified expression with his actions just now but his fury on what his wife just said overpowered it.

 

"Just one mistake? The way it was? Bae Joohyun, this isn't just about us! There's another couple involved! Another couple who happened to be my best friends! Do you understand? All of this, this wasn't just about us!" He yelled and Joohyun bit her lip. Of course. How can she be so dense, so blind.

 

This was never just about the two of them.

 

~

 

"Happy Birthday buddy."

 

"Thank you appa!" Chanhyun screeched before giving his father in a big bear hug. Chanyeol chuckled and hand his gift to his son, which the other took excitedly. "Let's go inside!" He exclaimed, tugging on his father's hand but his father just gave him a small smile.

 

"You go ahead."

 

"Promise me you'll follow?"

 

"Promise." He whispere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter