The Story Of Us

The Wedding Breaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

At 16, Sehun had been a very normal kid for his age. He study for good grades, hang out with his best friends, bully some selected school mates for fun, got into fights when they were bullied by senior class men in return, spend some days annoying the hell out of their youngest and only girl Jinri, with Chanyeol's help and some days with his beloved laptop and game console. He didn't know how it happened or how did it start. They've only been friends not so long ago but he guessed it doesn't matter that much then. He is a smart boy, he knows what he wants when he sees it. It's not love, definitely not. It's not like that yet. But if someone was to ask him who among all those girls whom he wants to hold hands with, it will be her. Always be her.

 

At 17, Sehun had come to the conclusion that the right girl doesn't really have to be shove right into your face for you to realize she's definitely the one. The phrase 'She had been standing in front of your eyes all along.' doesn't really apply to him. Because she was never before him. For all this time, she had been by his side. That one morning when he woke up from one of their Friday movie night and came face to face with her back as she unconsciously nuzzled on the still sleeping Chanyeol's arm, Sehun felt a bit apprehensive. Jealous if others want to put it that way. He stared at her back in glum, as one of his daydreams he ought to come true in the future plays in his mind. He dreams of waking up each morning with the view of her beautiful face. And he knows he's in love.

 

At 18, he thought of confessing but he was a bit hesitant. Although he could clearly tell that the girl feels the same with all those late night exchange of messages, those playful touches and sheepish smiles, he's sensitive enough to assume that this feeling isn't one-sided. A few weeks before the start of the school year, his favourite cousin from the province died because of typhoid fever. He died because the hospital's facilities wasn't enough. He died because there was no efficient doctor available. He was seven years old. That's when he decided to be a paediatrician. He began to take matters a little too serious than before. The confession was left hanging in mid-air. He didn't intend to forget. He just thought it may not be the right time.

 

At 19, Sehun had left Seoul and felt his heart breaks for the first time.

 

At 20, he studied hard. Still playing his games whenever his free at times and day dreams about her most of it.

 

At 22, he studied harder and forgot some things and neglect some people. One of them is her.

 

At 23, he had experience his worst heart break and dilemma. He felt his heart had been took out of his chest, crush it into pieces. As disgusting as it may sounds, it was what he really felt. He was on the verge of breaking down, have attempted to fly back to Korea for so many times, to call her, to stop her. But then, he never did. He stayed in there, thousands of miles away from her. He thought it'll be useless. He thought there was no hope. He thought she'll wait.

 

At 24, he found an angel but she will always be his goddess. He dated her in the hopes that he'll learn to forget, in the hopes that he could start anew. The angel who goes by the name Bae Joohyun, had been wonderful. He almost thought she's really the one.

 

At 25, they were married. And he thought he was at his happiest.

 

But then he saw her again. And as melodramatic as it may sound, the old feelings he thought that fade away came back. It was never gone. It's just been buried deep in him, waiting to be rekindled. And then he realized that there were occasions when waiting for the right time isn't really necessary, that when an opportunity comes one has to grab it.

 

The moment he saw her face after five years, it was unexplainable, like he's in bliss. The way his heart thumps and the way she's smiling so beautiful as ever at him makes him feel that the moment is perfect. If only they're both holding each other's hand and not in grasp with their respective partners. Some dreams just really don't come true. So he almost cried when he woke up that morning.

 

At 27, Sehun had opened his eyes with the view of her sleeping, the bright sunshine outside was no match for her ethereal beauty. She's perfect. Just like how she had always been. Just like how he had always dreamed.

 

~

 

There was that cute frown upon opening her eyes with the rays of the sun coming from the window, greeting her a good morning. She stretches her neck and blinked a couple of times, before closing her eyes once again as she nuzzles on that comforting warmth next to her. Breathing on the scent she knows she's familiar to but couldn't pinpoint who, she cuddled in even more, only to frown upon realizing it's not the usual fragrance she smells every morning. Not from her husband or from her son. Quickly she snapped her eyes open and widened upon seeing the face of the man before her. He is so handsome. He had always been.

 

At 26, Jinri had been pretty much contented with her life. She had believed that she can never ask anything more and everything she had went through were just a part of the past. And yet, there were times when her husband holds her close along the coldness of the night, she secretly seeks for another's warmth she haven't got the chance to feel but had always been the subject of one of her crazy figments of imagination.

 

She could have cried right there and then, she can feel the corner of her eyes heating up. She knows that she holds her that night, probably way tighter and closer than she ought him to do so. Right before her eyes is that man who had been once that boy she was so helplessly in love with.

 

It could have been perfect, being able to see him up-close and knowing they've made a certain memory last night that will forever be imprinted in her forever. She could have been happy. If only everything about this isn't so wrong.

 

~

 

"Jinri, please."

 

She hates how his voice breaks but she couldn't find the courage to look at his face. "Get dress. And leave." She said quietly, standing up to pick Sehun's coat which was the last one he hadn't put back yet.

 

"Jinri."

 

"I'm sorry. It should not have happened. We were really stressed out and I can't--" She mumbled, clutching at the coat tightly, her back still facing him. "It was wrong. We're married to someone else. It's so wrong. I'm really sorry." She bit her lip, trying her might to prevent the tears from flowing but they did anyway. Especially when he felt his arms around her, providing her the warmth, pillar and comfort she badly needs.

 

"Don't say sorry. Don't please." He was crying too. Maybe for the same reason that she was, maybe with something else. His hold on her strengthens, wishing he could make the soft whimpers coming from this woman he had always love so much fades away.

 

"W-We screwed up. We've been t-terrible." She whispered, followed by a sob.

 

"Hush baby, it'll be alright." He cooed her, soothing her arms as he felt her tremble.

 

"No it won't! It won't be alright Sehun!" She faced him, crying and sobbing, raising her voice as though to make her point. "Don't you understand what happened? We slept together." The last three words barely made out in a whisper but she knows Sehun had heard it.

 

"And I regret nothing." He answered, the seriousness as he uttered those in a stern face made Jinri cry even more.

 

"You don't understand! We slept together! We cheated just like what they did! You cheated on Joohyun! I cheated on Chanyeol." She said, choking a bit, voice breaking and everything. She collapsed on the floor, a portion of her hair as she cried harder than she had ever did before. She feels repentant, guilty, a very weak human being who can't take a hold on herself.

 

"H-He'll understand."

 

Jinri harshly looked back at him, her piercing stare wounded his already grieving heart. "I don't like what you're implying. It's never going to happen Oh Sehun."

 

"And why not? I love--"

 

"Everyone are hurting already!" She screamed, forgetting the fact that her son is actually sleeping on the other room or that there are neighbours who probably have heard her next door. That moment she doesn't really care. She's lost. In a mess.

 

"We're all ed up. Let's not make things more complicated than already is."

 

"But what about us?" He asked, the desperation too obvious. He felt weak, felt his heart crushed again worse than it did before.

 

"There was never us. This was wrong. A mistake won't be corrected by another mistake. This is all wrong." She handed his coat to him, which the other nonchalantly accept. Both fragile and defenceless, Jinri was the first to walk towards the door, giving Sehun the innuendo that she wants him out when she comes back.

 

"I've always want to kiss you. I did it a million times in my head but nothing of it compares when I finally did." He said and Jinri tightened her fist, her nails digging the softness of her palm. "I regret nothing."

 

Quickly, before she went bawling her eyes out all over again, she opened the first door near her and goes in. She doesn't want to see him, doesn't want to hear him and doesn’t want to feel him anymore. She leaned on the door as fresh tears flows once again, clapping a hand over so as to suppress the sobs. But then she was astounded as she saw the wide round orbs of her son, staring back at her in uttermost confusion and fret. Her son is a complete carbon copy of Chanyeol. And by that she felt the urge to cry even more.

 

"Umma?"

 

She broke down. Running towards her baby and enclosing him into a hug, she cried. She cried like a child who had hurt her knee, she cried like it'll be the last day she can ever do so. Chanhyun tilted his head, trying to see his mom's face, only to tremble upon hearing his mother cry. In an instant his eyes heated up, never liking hearing and seeing his mother sad like that.

 

"Umma, don't cry."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter