The Forever Friendship

The Wedding Breaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Glitz and glamour hovers around the huge event of one of the high-profile hotels of the city of Seoul. Women boast out their designer gowns and evening dresses as men groom themselves with the best tuxedos. It was a night of celebration indeed, as young doctor; Oh Sehun had achieve a promotion to be the Junior Paediatric doctor of the hospital he's working on in the span of nine.

 

"Cheers!" The sound of glasses hitting one another echoes as four friends drunk their wine in one go. The tallest of them all, Chanyeol pointed at his best friend Sehun before punching his chest playfully.

 

"Young achiever! How did you manage to get into that spot in less than a year? It took my late uncle two years before getting his promotion from his hospital!" He exclaimed before shaking his head as he gaze at his best friend once again, amused.

 

Sehun shrugged on the other hand before placing an arm over his wife. "Tough luck." He said coolly, earning him another bash from Chanyeol and a chortle from the two ladies.

 

Chanyeol, who also has his one arm around his wife, sighed and smiled at Sehun. "This must be your year, Hun. Imagine, you got promoted nine months after you got hired, six months after you married this gorgeous lady in here. Damn man, you're one lucky bastard. Hey! For all we know, maybe a kid is next!" He continued as he tilted his head lightly towards Joohyun and they all chuckled with it again.

 

He doesn't know if it's just him but Chanyeol could really tell how the other two stiffens and suddenly, an awkward silence hung in the air. He wanted to ask if he had said something wrong but a light pinch on his side from his wife Jinri stops him from doing so. Sehun gulped the non-existing remnants of his wine glass while Joohyun looked anywhere else while tucking some of her hair behind her ear.

 

Jinri let out a chuckle, trying to lose up the tension her husband had created. "Our baby Chanhyun will be turning two in three months by the way. I would have love it if you two could come." She said and she was thankful the couple seems to show interest.

 

"Of course we would be there, Chanhyun's my godson after all. Joohyun could offer some help with the preparations." Sehun said while turning to his wife, to which the other responded with a questioning look right at him.

 

"Oh no, you don't have to." Jinri uttered.

 

"She would love to. Right honey?" Sehun said, eyeing his wife. For a moment, they seemed to talk with their gazes and in the end; Joohyun was the first to withdraw.

 

"Sure, I would love to help." She answered and though Jinri was reluctant, the husbands decide for them nonetheless. The conversation was cut short when it was Sehun's turn to give a speech. Chanyeol and Jinri clapped their hands, along with the rest of the crowd, while Joohyun stood beside Sehun like the supportive wife she is.

 

~

 

Sehun, Chanyeol and Jinri were high school friends. Chanyeol and Sehun met in their homeroom at the first day of their freshmen year and finding they have so many things in common, they were friends right away. They met Jinri in a noddle eating contest on an eatery just beside their school, to which the girl had beaten Chanyeol to everyone's surprise. After that, the three of them get really close with one another and so as the start of their wonderful friendship.

 

The moment Sehun had graduated high school; he left for the US to pursue his dream of becoming a doctor. He had stayed in there for nearly five years, while Chanyeol and Jinri chose to chase their goals in Korea. For the first one and a half year, the three friends didn't fail to send news about each other's lives, they've always keep in touch. Yet when Sehun's second year in university began, his schedule had been really hectic that he can't even respond to his friend's e-mails anymore. The usual daily conversations became weekly, once a month, until it becomes merely five to six times a year.

 

Even though they've grown apart, the three bear in their minds that they will remain friends like they've always been. Thus, never failing to send invitations for special occasion to each other even if they all know that Sehun would never came. It's the thought that counts, so as they say. On the third year of Sehun's absence, Chanyeol and Jinri got married. Sehun was the best man but he hadn't make it to their wedding, it's one of his crucial years in med school anyway. He sent his wedding gift via air mail though, and called the newlyweds on the night of their honeymoon, much to Chanyeol's annoyance.

 

Almost a year after, Sehun had found Joohyun, a gorgeous model in the US, and the two clicked easily, they dated for over a year. They were madly in love, as what Chanyeol and Jinri assumed they are, and when Sehun went back to Korea, he had dragged Joohyun with him. A year later, Sehun and Joohyun got married, with Jinri and Chanyeol as their maid of honor and best man of course, their one year old son Chanhyun as the ring bearer, to which made his parents beaming with pride.

 

The five years of Sehun's absence seems to have never occurred between the three of them. As soon as they saw each other again, it was like they were back on that time when they were young and carefree, enjoying each other's company and not really paying attention on whatever harm this world can offer.

 

Indeed they remained the best of friends, and they hoped, no, they know it will always be like that.

 

~

 

Sehun was in the middle of taking out his polo when his wife, Joohyun came inside their shared bedroom. She threw her purse on a couch near the bed before placing her hands on her waist and looking over Sehun.

 

"Why did you do that?"

 

"Did what?" He asked nonchalantly as he searched for something comfortable to wear in his sleep.

 

"You know I don't fancy dealing with something like kiddie birthday parties. Why did you make such suggestion of me offering some help?" She asked, glaring at his husband who's now in shirt and boxers, making his way towards her.

 

"Chanyeol and Jinri are my friends, our friends. It's already a given that we should help them whenever something's coming up. And wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter