Chapter IV: Curiosity and Confusion

Who is Park Jihyo?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was finally morning after a very long and confusing day. Jihyo stirs when she felt movement beside her. Still in a daze, she looks over to see some blob of short hair.

Oh, Jeongyeon unnie is in my bed. Jihyo thought to herself and closes her eyes again to catch some more snoozing. After a moment, her eyes flutters open with surprise and scans the sleeping body in front of her.

Jeongyeon unnie is actually sleeping in my bed.

The first thing that came into her mind is how. How was it possible for Jeongyeon to be so strong when she's sleeping? Because she actually is unable to move since Jeongyeon's arms are locked on her waist. It isn't uncomfortable but Jihyo wanted to eat something.

Carefully and very slowly, she crawls out of the tight hug and quickly uses her pillow as her replacement, just in case Jeongyeon catches her in the act. Luckily, the other girl didn't stir and just cuddled with the pillow.

Jihyo heads toward the kitchen to find a lone figure who was up very early in the morning. Assuming it was the usual early bird Tzuyu, she greets her.

"Good morning Tzuyu–AH?!" Her voice rose in surprise when she realizes that the awake person is actually Dahyun. Dahyun, who was also surprised to see someone else up and appear without her noticing, just smiles awkwardly.

"G-Good morning, unnie. You're up early." Dahyun poured her cereal into a bowl before dumping the milk in. Jihyo also got a bowl for herself and chuckles.

"You know... I should be the one saying that to you." She dumps some cereal into her bowl and pours the milk in. The milky skinned girl gave her a curious look.

"What do you mean by that?"

Jihyo stops pouring the milk, "You are usually a deep sleeper and sleep for a long time." She says, feeling a bit unsure when Dahyun's expression became confused.

"That's Tzuyu, unnie. Me and Chaeyoung usually wake up around this time." Dahyun replies and grabs two spoons, handing one to Jihyo who takes it with a small 'thank-you.'

"Really?" Jihyo could've sworn that the case was quite the opposite especially when she remembered the memory of her screaming and shaking the two girls till they woke up. But her heart flutters when she saw Dahyun's adorable smile.

"Yes, unnie. Come on, let's eat while we still can." She follows the younger girl to the dining table and sat beside her. They dig into their food since their practice was going to be starting soon but in the midst of that, Jihyo notices Dahyun's choice of cereal.

She stops eating, "Dubu, you are eating...multigrain cereal with dried strawberries? I thought you liked chocolate pebbles." She was surprised to find the chocolate addicted girl not eating chocolate first thing in the morning.

Dahyun smiles bashfully, "I do... but Jihyo unnie had suggested that I eat something healthier so I am."

Did I really suggest that? Jihyo couldn't remember that memory, but even if she couldn't, it is sweet how Dahyun considers her suggestion and takes it to heart.

"Come on, unnie. We have to hurry before everyone wakes up. It will be a bit chaotic."

Jihyo only laughs before resuming to eat her cereal. She was used to chaotic mornings, after all.

Like what Dahyun said, it was a chaotic morning but Jihyo had never seen it ever being like this.

For instance, Jeongyeon who had woken up realized Jihyo wasn't with her so she frantically looked for her, causing everyone to wake up in the midst of her searching. Chaeyoung—who was already awake, studying for a test—yelled at the older girl for how noisy she was. While arguing, they managed to wake up Tzuyu who surprisingly wasn't a morning person and snapped at everyone except her. Tzuyu switched from an irritated cat to an adorable one that wanted affection as she asked her for a good morning kiss to cheer her up, and who was Jihyo to refuse such a cutie?

Then, somehow Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung were wrestling on the floor, letting out growling noises which made Jihyo wonder if they were part lioness. She saw Dahyun coming their way to try to resolve the fighting but the girl ran to the other girl's rescue when she fainted because of the pressure to calm those two lionesses. While she tended to the knocked out girl, Tzuyu made sure the situation didn't get worse as ordered by her favorite unnie.

Eventually, Nayeon, Sana, And Momo came to the rescue and fixed the whole mess to Jihyo's relief.

"You two are ridiculous. You woke up the entire dorm with your ruckus." Nayeon lectures the two who were kneeling on the floor before her, "If Manager unnie yells at us, it is your fault and manager unnie isn't in a good mood right now so good luck dealing with her." They just nodded dejectedly while Sana checks up on her, asking if she was alright. Jihyo couldn't be more charmed.

Mina came along between all this and greets Jihyo cheerfully with a hug and a kiss, flustering the latter from the loving affection so early in the morning. Then, after everyone had calmed down (though Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung were still annoyed with one another), they ate breakfast at the table.

Jihyo found herself between the eldest and Sana, who made sure that she was eating enough, were practically babying her. She had to stop them from overfilling her because she might throw up if she practices with a full stomach.

Jihyo concludes that this was the strangest morning that she could ever remembered.

"Unnie, you're supposed to be here."

"Ji, you're in the wrong spot."

"Jihyo-ah, this is my spot."

"Unnie!"

"Jihyo!" The brunette was starting to feel dizzy from all this running around. Her mind was working sporadically, trying to fix her mistakes and memorize her new positions. Although, she could've sworn that she was never given these sorts of positions before but that is a thought for another time. She needs to nail them down regardless.

After the nth practice for "Signal" for the day finished, everyone dropped to the floor and Jihyo knew it was time for a break. She sits up, though her muscles groaned when she pushed herself into the position, and claps her hands to grab everyone's attention which she did.

"Time for a thirty minute break." Jihyo announced happily, a motherly smile growing on her face when those tired faces brighten at the news. She had expected Momo to dash to the convenience store along with Jeongyeon, Nayeon, and Dahyun while the other girls separate to their individual things.

Jihyo was taken aback when Momo ran to her and pull her towards the door.

"M-Momo unnie? W-Wha—"

"We're getting lunch together. Is something the matter, Jihyo?" Momo replies, giving her a small cute smile.

"A-Ah, no. It's fine." Jihyo smiles back, hoping that it would be enough of an answer. Momo simply nods and leads them to the cafeteria, which surprised Jihyo because she didn't remember when JYP entertainment installed a company Resturant.

Anyway, they had a snack together with Jihyo being fed majority of it because Momo wasn't that hungry. Then, after cleaning up and returning to the choreography room, Jihyo was surprised to find Tzuyu suddenly appearing before her and whisking her away from Momo's grasp to cuddle on the couch.

Tzuyu, as the big spoon, held Jihyo securely to her lean body while the other wraps her arms around the former. Mina, who felt sad from the lack of attention, decides to join them and hugs Jihyo from behind, flustering their leader as she was surrounded by two warm bodies.

"M-Mina, Tzuyu..." Jihyo calls, her words somewhat muffled as her face was against Tzuyu's chest, "i-it's getting a bit hot. Can you two give me some space?" They clung on tighter, making Jihyo feel a bit lightheaded from the heat.

Luckily, Nayeon comes to her rescue and takes her away. She makes sure that Jihyo was taking a rest from the rough practice by offering her lap for the girl to rest on. With enough urging that convinced Jihyo to agree, Jihyo took a short nap on Nayeon's lap. (However, Jihyo will never be able to admit to Nayeon that the only reason that she agreed was because her lap is considered one of the most comfortable places to rest on. She would hide under a hole if Nayeon ever found out.)

Somehow, she fell asleep quickly but during the middle of her nap, Jihyo woke up to fingers her hair and someone hugging her. To no one's surprise, it was Sana. Yet, Jihyo couldn't help but notice the way Sana looked at her seems different. As if Sana was in love with her or something like that.

I know how Sana stares at people from how long I have known her and this is somewhat similar to her usual staring. However, there's just something different with Sana ever since she returned from Switzerland. Well, not just her. The other members too were acting differently.

"Jihyo?" Sana's worried voice calls for her and the latter realized how she just zoned out while staring at Sana.

"Ah, sorry, what was that?" Jihyo asked and explained, "My mind just drifted off so I didn't hear what you were saying."

Sana just showed an understanding smile and nod, "I was asking if you were feeling alright. You look a bit pale after all that dancing."

Jihyo smiles, "I'm fine. Thank you, unnie. I guess resting for a week lowered my stamina." Sana only laughs.

"I'm sure. You had us worried, you know?" Sana said, her hair, "You've always wanted to travel around the world but you missed the opportunity because... of that."

Jihyo understood why Sana was being so cautious and careful around her but the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter