Chapter III: Stubbornly Satisfying

Who is Park Jihyo?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo was left alone at the table to eat the delicious omurice that Momo made for her. Though the food tastes amazing, she wishes that she had some company but Momo had to attend to some business and promises to return as soon as possible.

This dorm has been too silent for her taste, especially after her members came back.

The girl chews thoughtfully to herself while in the other room, Momo is handling her business before—hopefully—returning to her leader. By business, she means just scolding all who dared to mess with Jihyo.

"Mina, as your punishment, do the dishes." Momo says sternly, earning a whine from the said girl, "This is what you get for scaring Jihyo. Go along now." Not allowing any haughty comebacks, she kicks Mina out of the room so the latter can start on her punishment while she dealt with the other culprits.

Begrudgingly walking to the kitchen, Mina notices a lone and recognizable figure at the table. To her luck, it is the girl whom she didn't get to hug earlier—Jihyo. The girl seems to be happily eating her omurice, not detecting the pair of eyes that is staring from afar.

In a sneaky manner, she goes to the kitchen to take care of her punishment before using the rest of the time with Jihyo. God must be giving her so much mercy as there weren't any dishes in the sink.

Quietly, Mina goes to the oblivious girl who doesn't notice her creeping. She slips into the seat next to her and shows a gummy smile.

"Hey there, did you fall from heaven? Because you look like an angel." Jihyo chokes. Literally. The poor girl coughs so hard and so much that one might think she is trying to hack her lung out.

After a minute of patting her chest and calming down, Jihyo whines to the other girl, whose smile grows wider, "Mina, what was that?" When she finally looks at her and notices how close Mina was to her, she freezes up. Somehow, this sneaky girl scooted closer during her coughing incident. "M-Mina?"

"Yes, my sweet angel?" Again, what was with these pet names?

Jihyo—feeling shy from the short gap between her and Mina—stutters, "Y-You are k-kinda close..." This made the latter chuckle at how cute she was, earning a brighter blush upon her face. Mina moves her hand close to hers and takes it, holding it gently in her own.

"You know...the space between us is never meant to be there, Jihyo-ah. We are meant to be never apart." Jihyo could swear that Mina is having fun seeing her become this flustered. She shouldn't be so shy! She is Twice's leader, for god's sake!

Attempting to steel her nerves, Jihyo tries to pull her hand away but Mina's grip tightens when the latter felt her hand trying to escape. She can't even move.

When was Mina this strong? She thought, remembering how Tzuyu held the title of having the best strength amongst the members. Seriously, whatever Mina is doing in the gym is definitely making her stronger. Maybe I should ask her for some—

"Jihyo-ah!" Mina calls, breaking the girl out of her thoughts.

"Y-Yes?" Jihyo answers, noticing how her hand clasped in Mina's. It felt so warm, which is much appreciated during this time of day.

"Are you okay? You look so tired. Maybe you should get some more rest." The worry in her words made Jihyo's heart clench. The latter squeezes her hand shortly.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry." She shows a bright smile, which—surprisingly—elicts a reaction from Mina. "Eh?"

Mina looks surprised for some reason, making the girl wonder if she did something strange. So, she asks.

"Did I do something weird?"

Mina shakes her head, "No... your smile is just very blinding."

Jihyo blinks, processing what Mina said before blushing heavily. Well, she wasn't expecting that answer.

"T-Thank you... but I always smile, d-don't I?"

Again, Mina shakes her head, "Only on special occasions, I see that very beautiful smile."

Ugh, Mina is trying to give me a heart attack. Jihyo grumbles inwardly, resuming on eating her food with a red face. Mina, clearly amused by the leader's reaction, decides to tease the girl more when her stomach growls, earning an embarrassed cough from Mina as well as Jihyo's attention.

Jihyo asks, worriedly, "Did you eat yet?" She gasps when Mina shook her head.

"No, we just got back from the airport so we didn't have time to eat food and we had to take care of you when you fainted." Though Jihyo felt flattered by her members' selfless actions, she still wishes that they don't neglect their health. She scoops a spoonful of rice for Mina, who stares at the spoon held out to her as if it is some sort of offering from a Greek god.

"Minari, please eat. You are hungry, right?" She pleads, her lips forming a pout, making Mina lose the ability to argue back and eat the offering. The latter chews happily and wiggles in her seat at how the food tastes even better because of the girl before her.

Oblivious to Mina's thoughts, Jihyo is happy that Mina is also happy and feeds her more.

Because, what kind of leader would she be if she le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter