Chapter II: Stranger (but Intriguing)

Who is Park Jihyo?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She had to be dreaming, right? She had to be. Everything that she had witnessed is all part of a dream.

She firmly wants to believe that she didn't see Tzuyu's beautiful smile, hear Mina's excited voice when she saw her, feel Jeongyeon's arms around her waist when she backhugged her, and taste the faint strawberry lipstick from Tzuyu's lips.

Yet, she can't. She can't convince herself that everything was just some fantasy. Not when her senses are telling her otherwise.

Her heart beats faster at the thought of remembering her first kiss. Her first kiss that was with Chou Tzuyu.

She couldn't believe how she just lost her first kiss that quickly. By someone she didn't even expect, especially!

Her body curls up against the soft fabric of the bed and she lets out a long groan of despair.

"I saved that kiss for so long." Jihyo mumbles sadly to herself. It's not the fact that a girl took her first kiss. No, that is not the issue here. It is because she doesn't even know if she liked Tzuyu more than a little sister.

Although, she is sure that she never thought beyond their sisterly bond.

Then, a knock brought her out of her thoughts and her ears caught the unusually solemn voice of—what she believes to be—Nayeon.

"Jihyo-ah, may I come in?" Though it is nice of Nayeon to be polite, Jihyo was sure that they shared a room together so the latter didn't really need to ask for permission to come in.

"Of course, unnie." Once permission was granted, Nayeon steps into the room and Jihyo visibly notices how Nayeon's worried eyes relax at the sight of her awake. The girl walks to her quietly which intrigues the leader a lot. "Is there something wrong?"

She stiffens up when a warm hand cups her cheek and caresses it as if she is an art piece. Her eyes went to the relieved smile on Nayeon's lips.

"I should be the one asking you that, Ji. You worried us back there, and we just came from Switz." Her soft spoken voice reminds her of Mina, but Jihyo still remembered how Mina was quite energetic in their return. It is like they switched personalities or something, but the leader put that thought to worry another time.

She places her own hand over Nayeon's and leans against the warmth on her cheek. Jihyo musters up her usual smile, "I'm fine. Just slept a little later than usual."

Her cheeks felt warmer when she sees Nayeon taking a seat beside her and pulling her into a secure embrace.

"Did you want to sleep more? I can come back later." Jihyo isn't sure on how to feel about this charming girl whom she told herself is Nayeon—the wannabe Girl Crush—but her mind still cannot make that connection. The difference is too vast.

Maybe Switzerland changed her or something. Jihyo shakes her head to dismiss the side thought and adjusts herself in her new position that had her wrapped in Nayeon's arms.

"Can you stay, unnie? You feel so warm." And you are so comfortable. However, the leader will never give Nayeon that satisfaction to like the latter usually would. Even if the eldest changed to this super calm non-Nayeon person.

"Of course. Anything for you." Again—Jihyo groans internally—with that charming voice, it is seriously giving her chills. What happened to Miss Wannabe Girl Crush?

Possibly because Nayeon may have heard her or is able to guess what she is thinking, the girl leans down to press a light kiss on Jihyo's forehead, getting a squeak from the latter.

"Rest, Ji. You need your beauty sleep or else your beautiful face would look so tired." Jihyo didn't respond back but hides her red face in Nayeon's embrace, obviously charmed by this new personality. No matter how much she wants to deny that statement.

Jihyo was having a nice dream when a loud scream made her jump out of bed, due to shock and fright. She lands on the cold floor with a dull thud and a groan escapes her lips.

It sounded like some very girlish shrill coming from outside the bedroom.

Sana unnie? No, but she sounded different when I heard her. Momo unnie? Yeah, it sounded like her. Probably yelling at Jeongyeon unnie about food or her pranks. Jihyo laughed at the scenario going through her mind. Momo can be quite naive and gullible but nobody can really hate her for it. Though, the pain of colliding to the floor hit her pretty good, leaving her to curl up on the floor to endure the sensation for a moment before struggling to lift herself up.

Then, multiple footsteps rush to her room and the door swings open, revealing all eight members. They all gasp in sync at the sight of Jihyo on the floor, trying to get up while clutching on the side that she may have fell on, and rush over to her.

"Unnie—!" Tzuyu tries to approach the struggling leader but Sana stops her and shakes her head.

"You are to stay away from her for this whole week." Jihyo hears this and looks up to see—a surprising sight, if she may add—Tzuyu's devastated expression. Though she is caught off guard at how visible it is to see Tzuyu's emotions, the girl is actually more shocked to hear Sana speak in such a way.

It didn't seem like her usual 4-D self. Practically, it sounded more serious than anything which isn't like Sana at all.

"Sana unnie?" The girl turns to her with harden eyes that soften at the sight o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter