Chapter I: Strange

Who is Park Jihyo?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is unusually quiet in the normally rowdy dorm. There were no fighting over the bathroom or shouting in the kitchen when the food got out of hand. Let's not forget the usual grumbling from the sleepy members, who either didn't get enough rest or got too much sleep which made them irritated by the morning noise.

Well, the reason for this is because all the girls except their injured leader was scheduled to go to Switzerland for their reality show Twice TV 5. Even though Jihyo wished she could have joined the other girls on the trip, she kept her selfish thought to herself and told the girls to have fun while they were there since they would never get any opportunity like this again.

Nonetheless, the others were somewhat upset that Jihyo, the girl who had once said that she wanted to travel to a country together sometime in the future, couldn't come along with them so they promised to bring something back so it would feel like she was with them the whole time. Jihyo had to hold back her tears from how thoughtful her members were.

It has been a week since the girls left for Switzerland and Jihyo spent it at the dorm by herself. Though the peacefulness was nice, she preferred the presence of her wild members—though Mina and Tzuyu were not as hyper as a certain squirrel and bunny, she still misses them just as much.

When it was finally the day that they would return, Jihyo couldn't contain her excitement to return to her usual busy life since she is able to walk without her clutches after completing her physical therapy sessions. This resulted in her sleeping later than usual so when the alarm woke her up, she felt so lethargic from a pounding headache.

"Mmm..." Jihyo mumbles, still feeling the effects of sleepiness and wincing a bit, "W-What time is it?" She checks her phone to notice that it is 12:36 PM. Nine minutes before her members come home.

Feeling the adrenaline rush through her, Jihyo leaps out of bed—surprised for a moment at how her knees didn't ache from the landing—and jets off to the bathroom to get ready. After all, she didn't want to look like a mess when her members come home.

She ends up choosing a simple button-up and jean shorts since her closet only had chic or "Girl Crush" clothing. Oddly enough, Jihyo didn't remember buying any of those items but the closet door clearly had her name on it. She happily skips to the living room and glances at the time.

12:45 PM.

Jihyo puffs her chest, proudly at how she managed to get ready within a short amount of time. Then, right on time, there is a knock on the front door, which made the girl's heart leap with excitement. Her members are finally home!

She walks to the door at a quick pace, preparing herself to welcome the girls back and thank them for their hard work. Although, before she even got to the door, it opens on its own, revealing the group of girls that Jihyo missed terribly.

"Girls!" Jihyo yells to them, smiling happily when she saw their faces, and opens her arms for a group hug since it has been a while after all. Her eyes close, already preparing herself for their warm hugs and amusing tales from Switzerland.

A silence broke through the dorm, but Jihyo still waits for her "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter