CHAPTER TWENTY – WE SAY I DO (PART TWO)

Simple Things

 

(LISA P.O.V.)

“Oh. My. God. My baby girl is all grown up,” Jennie gushed.

I blushed at her words and glanced down at my dress that fit perfectly on me.

A simple beautiful white lace dress, well not so simple when you count the backless drop. at least the veil is long enough to cover my back, a veil I really wasn’t planning on having.

When Yoongi found out that it was backless, thanks to Jimin and his big mouth because he accidentally saw me in my dress when he came to pick up Chae.

I remember him covering his eyes saying it was bad luck to see the bride before her wedding day. Chae and I never laughed so much that day.

Yoongi was obviously okay with it, he really didn't mind until Jimin opened his mouth again, and said it reached just above my and told Yoongi that a lot of men would see it because I would be walking with my back facing our friends and family.

I emphasize the words Friends and Family, but Jimin has a way with words or just the way he says things, it’s his voice, the way he speaks, it’s like velvet, how can you ignore that?

Chae really needs to put a muzzle on him.

Although, Jimin did feel guilty afterward and he even picked out my reception dress, which was a bit odd because he chose the most beautiful dress.

Compared to the one that I was originally going to wear. Trust when I say, his taste is amazing, even better than Jennie. I also fell in love with the veil that he picked out.

“Move forward a bit…”

I smiled, hearing Chaes voice crack, she was behind me, spreading my veil and desperately trying not to cry.

I mean she tried; she really did.

Her cheeks were puffier, and so were her eyes but nothing a little makeup couldn't cover.

I looked at my Unnies who were still gushing over me.

“It feels like it was only yesterday when we watched her take her first steps into becoming a K-pop star,” Jisoo smiled as Jennie stood next to her, nodding along.

I looked at my two Unnies and glanced back at Chae.

I reached out for Chaes hand, she smiled as she reached for my hand, she stood up as I pulled her to stand in front of me, I held out my other hand for my Unnies who smiled and held each other’s hands before standing in front of me as we all stood in a circle, holding each other’s hands.

I smiled at them, “Thank you,”

“I mean really, thank you so much for being there for me, for understanding me at my worst and at my best… I know through our years we have done a lot of crazy things—”

“If sneaking out of our dorms to watch movies and getting coffee is considered crazy, then yeah, we did some really crazy things,” Jennie said.

“Hey, we did sneak out to go clubbing with Winner oppas,” Chae said as if it was one of her proudest moments of being bad… it wasn't, she’s done worse.

Jennie groaned, “The worst decision of my life,” she said as we all laughed because Winner oppas have this thing about annoying Jennie to the end. Her reactions are cute.

I smiled, “Through all our adventures, scandals…” I said, looking at Jisoo who rolled her eyes.

“That was not a scandal that was someone's stupid mistake… stupid Jin” Jisoo mumbled making Chae and Jennie snicker.

I smiled, “…Falling in love, heartbreaks,” I said, as they squeezed my hand and I looked at Jennie who smiled,

“I never told you guys this but the feeling I get when I dance when I sing when I'm on stage… is the same feeling I get whenever Yoongi is near me when he makes me laugh when we talk when he holds my hand,”

“I love dancing and the feeling I get when I dance and then Yoongi came into my life, I just…”

I smiled, staring at Jennie, “Unnie, you once told me that we don't need someone to make our world spin, we just need someone to create our world with,” I said, Jennie Unnie nodded

“And he did, he turned my world upside down, it spins in all angles and we created a world that was our own and I love him so much that I was scared that my world would collapse without him and it did, it fell, it stopped spinning but slowly I learned to build that world back up, with your love and support. My world was slowly spinning, and I thank you so much for that, but I can't hold the world up by myself, it's heavy” I smiled when Chae started to laugh wiping a stray tear from her cheek.

I smiled “We were always there for each other, no matter what, we made a promise and I broke—”

“Lis—” Jisoo said as I shook my head at her.

“We made a promise and I broke it and as easy as it was for you all to forgive me, I still couldn't forgive myself, not because of my decision but because throughout it all, I still would’ve chosen him,” I said looking down at our hands,

“Lisa,” Jennie said, I looked up and I could see that she was trying to stop herself from crying.

I could feel my eyes stinging but I refuse to cry “I'm sorry, I was selfish, and I didn't think I just—”

“It wasn't easy to forgive,” I looked up at Chae who was staring at me.

She smiled “When there was nothing to forgive,” she said, cupping my cheek with her left hand, I looked at the others who were nodding,

Jisoo smiled “Your decision was your own, a decision that made us all realize that you are strong and independent, and you don't need us to protect you”

“I remember you were so self-conscious of yourself when honestly all I wanted was for you to see what we see, what the world sees,” Jisoo said, glancing at Jennie.

Jennie smirked “Then you met Min, and we watched as you grew more confident in yourself, we saw you become someone we thought we would never see. He loves you for you, he didn't change you, he encouraged you, he loves you so much that he was even willing to let you go, knowing that it was going to kill him”

“You both created your own world and you both kept it spinning no matter how hard it was and the world is heavy and I'm glad he is there to help you hold it up, he loves you so much Baby girl and there is nothing more that I want than for you to be happy,” she said,

Jisoo scoffed “And if you didn't love him, I would have gladly made it look like an accident,”

We all laughed shaking our head at Jisoo who was smiling.

“Lisa, we have watched you grow into the beautiful lady you are today. No poll or magazine had to tell us that your number one, you will always be number one to us” Jisoo said,

“Yah! You're going to make me cry,” I laughed, pulling away to fan myself as I looked up to keep the tears from falling.

“Then cry,” Jisoo said.

I shook my head and she smiled

“If at any time you need to cry, yell, scream throw something then do it. Express yourself not for anyone, but for you,”

I nodded, feeling my eyes sting again, “You're supposed to keep me happy”

“You started it,”

Trust Jennie Unnie to say something like that.

I laughed when Chae grabbed my hand as she spun me around making me laugh. Suddenly she pulled her hand away and I stopped spinning and I was the only one laughing. The girls stopped as I stared at them and they were all staring at the doorway. I turned to see what they were looking at…

“SEHUN OPPA!” I screamed running towards him and jumping into his arms,

“I'm glad you came,” I said, stepping back from him, he smiled nodding his head.

“Do you want us to—” Jisoo said, as she stood beside me, I didn't even realize she had moved to stand next to me.

“No, no…” Sehun said, staring Jisoo, who nodded and went back to sitting with the girls,

Sehun stared down at me “I just came to say my congratulations,” he said, smiling.

“I'm truly happy for you… you look…” he smiled, “Perfect,” he said,

I smiled, “Thank you”

I glanced back at the girls and saw that they were all trying to act as if they weren't listening, but at least they were helping Chae with her makeup.

Sehun smiled “Well, I'll see you out there,” he said, “I'll try not to stand up when the priest says does anyone oppose,”

“Yah!” I growled, slapping his arm, he laughed shaking his head.

“See you around L,”

I smiled “See you around S,”

We both stood there, smiling at each other, he nodded before walking out of the room.

“Well, that was… something,” Jennie said

I smiled “It was and I'm thankful he came,”

Jisoo laughed, “Any other ex's you want to tell us that you invited,” she said

“Why?” I asked turning to face them.

“Well they might try and stop—”

“CHAE!” I yelled, surprising them “You have to leave, you aren't allowed at my wedding,” I said, smirking at her

Chae frowned “YAH!”

I laughed, “What, you might still have feelings for me,” I said,

Chae stared at me as she eyed me from head to toe.

“And now all feelings have officially left,”

“Savage” Jennie smiled as she proudly stared at Chae.

I laughed “That's good,”

She stood there shaking her head, the only way for Chae to not cry and ruin her make up is to make her angry.

“I love you guys,” I said.

“Lisa,” Jisoo said as she stood in front of me.

“Hmm?” I looked at her and Chae who were both staring at me and we’re slowly starting to creep me out.

“Are you two, okay?” I asked, glancing at Jennie who was smiling.

“Are you okay?” Chae softly asked,

“I… guess” laughing at the two.

“Knock, knock” I smiled knowing only one person in the whole world who says that.

“Daddy!” I yelled, spinning around to see my parents fully dressed, in their traditional Thai attire.

“We’ll be outside,” Jisoo said, I stared at the girls who all walked towards my parents, as they hugged them before they all walked out of the room closing the door behind them

“How are you?” Mum asked as she held my hand and we sat down on the couch while Dad stood to the side smiling at us.

I smiled “Happy,” I said, then Mum surprised me as she started to cry.

“Mum,” I laughed pulling her into a tight hug.

“I still remember the day you became the strong and beautiful woman you are today,” she cried as she leaned back, she held onto my shoulders.

“I remember that day so clearly, you ran out of that audition room with the biggest smile on your face, for sure I thought you would be crying but when you came out smiling and yelling that you passed. I didn't know what to think. A little part of me… a little part, wanted you to fail… I didn't want you to leave me,” she cried.

“Mummy,” she shook her head as she smiled, cupping my cheek. I smiled leaning into her hand.

“You were so happy that day, that smile of yours, I knew I couldn’t hold you back from achieving what you worked so hard for, and I wanted the world to see how beautiful you are,” I nodded, feeling her thumb wipe my tears, I looked up at Dad who was smiling. Then I looked back at Mum.

“My baby girl went through a lot, and as a mother, all I wanted to do was protect you from everything bad but how could I protect you, when you have protected me your whole life,” she said.

“Mummy” I cried, closing my eyes and feeling my lips tremble as my tears streamed down my face. I looked up at her and she was smiling, and she quickly grabbed a tissue from dad.

“You are so beautiful,” she said as she dabbed at my tears.

I laughed, “I'm ruining my makeup,” I said looking up at the ceiling. Trying to control my tears, it wasn’t helping.

“I still remember the day I caught you going through my makeup,” Mum smiled

I nodded, “I wanted to look like you,” I said, my voice trembling, I held her hands as I smiled at her.

“I'm beautiful because of you, I'm strong because of you, I'm kind because of you, who I was then and who I am now and who I will always be… is because of you… and Dad,” I said, smiling at dad as I reached out for his hand.

“I love you guys so much” I cried as I pulled dad down towards mum and me, hugging then both, I smiled hearing Mum’s light giggle and Dad’s deep chuckle.

“Just promise me one thing,” Mum said pulling back as Dad sat behind Mum, still holding on to my hand, I nodded, smiling at the two.

“I'm not getting any young Lalisa, I need grandchildren”

“MUM!” I laughed, looking over at Dad for backup, who only squeezed my hand.

He smiled, “I agree with your Mum, four would be nice”

“DAD!” I yelled as they both sat there smiling.

“I'm not having four kids, are you kidding me—”

“Lisa, what have I told you about speaking Korean,” Mum said, I didn't even realize I was speaking Korean.

I laughed “To speak slowly, in front of you” I smiled,

“Good, now, what did you say?” Mum asked, learning a new language was never her strong point.

I smiled, “That, I need a drink,” I said, looking over at Dad who was laughing. Dad’s Korean was good, he's a quick learner.

“Yes, you need a shot, just to get the nerves out of your system, I read that a lot of brides before they get married, get nervous, so they always take a shot of alcohol to calm the nerves,” Mum said as she quickly got up and left the room, leaving me and Dad to stare after her.

“Fine I'll settle for three,” Dad said,

I laughed shaking my head. “No way, Three? You're killing me here,”

I smiled as he chuckled, throwing his head back,

“Daddy,” I said, and he stopped laughing to smile at me, “Thank you, for agreeing to walk me down the aisle” I smiled, scooting closer to him. He smiled pulling me into a hug.

 

------------------------------

 

“Hey Dad, can I ask you something—”

“Yes,”

I stared at him as he smiled,

I laughed “You didn't even let me finish,” I said, he shrugged his shoulder, reaching for my hand. I smiled holding his hand.

“You didn't need to, I was going to walk you down that aisle whether you like it or not, I know I'm just your step—”

“You're my dad” I smiled, interrupting him and squeezing his hand.

“We may not be blood, but you’re my dad, from the moment you came into my life, and I'm proud to be your daughter,” I said.

Dad nodded before pulling me into his arms, hugging me close.

“And I am proud to be your father,” he said, kissing the top of my head.

 

------------------------------

 

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world,” Dad said, I smiled my head resting against his shoulder,

We were both startled when Mum came barging back in holding two mini bottles.

“Tequila or Whiskey,” Mum said holding each bottle up.

“Whiskey,”

“Whiskey,”

Dad and I both laughed that we said the same thing.

I am my father's daughter.

“Whiskey it is,” Mum laughed, I smiled reaching for it but before I could even touch it.

Chae and Jisoo came rushing in.

“Nope, no drinking for the bride,” they both yelled and laughed awkwardly, as Chae grabbed them from Mums’ hands,

I stared at my parents who both looked confused, especially when they were both being pushed out of the room while Jisoo and Chae were shouting out nonsense, that they had to have an important talk with me.

I looked at the two as they apologized to my parents before closing the door on them, While Jennie stood to the side, shaking her head.

Jisoo and Chae quickly walked over to me and sat on either side of me, both looking concerned.

I laughed “Okay, what's up with you two? And why the hell did you kick my parents out?” I asked, glancing over at Jennie, who shrugged her shoulders.

“Is there something you want to tell us?” Chae asked,

I shook my head, “I don't know, you tell me,” I said looking at the three of them as if they were crazy.

Jisoo sighed “Just tell us already, so I can go and murder that stupid Min,” Jisoo said,

I have no idea what’s happening, “Okay, I'm obviously missing something, what the hell,” I growled, moving my hand away from Jisoo, who was smiling, and it was scaring me.

Chae smiled, clapping her hands together, “I'm just so happy for you, I mean, I thought you didn't want to have kids this early, you always talk—”

“Hold up,” I said putting my hands up, “Wait… What? Kids?” I said,

Chae nodded, “Yes, kids, we found the pregnancy test in the toilet, well actually Jennie-unnie found it when she was in the toilet, and I walked in to see her holding it, and Jisoo-unnie said it wasn't hers so…” Chae said, nudging my shoulders, “Have you told Yoongi oppa, I’m sure…”

I shook my head, what just… I glanced over at Jennie who still stood near the door, refusing to move from her spot, she stared at me and shrugged her shoulders.

I smiled “You're pregnant!” I said feeling my tears streaming down my cheeks, I quickly wiped them away.

Oh. My. God, these tears are just going to keep coming all day.

Chae laughed, “No, Jennie-unnie is not pregnant, you're pregnant, silly” Chae said.

I stared at Chae and smiled, shaking my head. “Oh, Chaeng” I laughed.

“That's why you didn't drink last night,” Jisoo said, I stared at her and she was smiling at Jennie.

“Guys, it's not Jennie-unnie,” Chae said then she turned to look at Jennie who was smiling at Chae.

“WHAT!” Chae yelled, quickly standing up

Jennie nodded, “I was late, and I thought nothing of it. Until I started feeling more sick than usual, so I took the test and it was positive, but you can't really trust those pregnancy test, so, I got ten different brands” she laughed “And Just like the first one, they all came back positive.” She said walking towards us.

“Then Chae walked in on me,” she smiled at Chae who was covering , still in shock,

“I panicked, and I told you I found it in the trash… and then Jisoo came and everything just… I'm pregnant” Jennie smiled.

We all looked at each other before we all screamed, Jisoo and I stood up and pulled Jennie and Chae into a group hug.

“I'm going to be the greatest aunt ever,” I cried, wiping Jennie’s tears,

“No, I am,” Chae said, we separated and Chae and I stood there glaring at each other.

I smirked “You thought I was pregnant,” I said,

Chae frowned, “It was an honest mistake,” she said

I laughed “That only you would make”

“Okay that's enough because we all know I'm going to spoil our first child,” Jisoo said, as we all laughed.

“Does JB Oppa know?” Chae asked we looked at Jennie who shook her head.

“He doesn’t know, I’m not scared to tell him, I mean we've talked about kids, we both love to have kids just not to this extent, besides I think if I told him, the idiot would be too ing happy,” she smiled and we all laughed because it was true.

Jennie loves kids but JB oppa loves kids more than all of us combine, he is great with kids and we all know how much he wants a big family, with pets and all. How they both want a big family.

When the two got together, it was a disaster only because Jennie is a dog person and JB Oppa is a cat person.

They fought all the time, but they always worked it out, they promised to tell each other everything and no matter what they would never go to bed angry with each other.

JB Oppa once flew to Japan to see Jennie because she was injured during our concert, even though he was on tour as well…in the Philippines.

Jennie and JB were Capricorn Soulmates. When Jisoo found out, she was angry that she was easily being replaced.

Jisoo laughed “JB might have a heart attack,”

“He might,” Jennie said, and we all laughed,

Jennie smiled, “Okay, enough about me, it's about our not so little Lalisa, who is marrying the love of her life,” she said.

“But first, let's fix our makeup,” I said, staring at everyone as we all needed a few makeup touches.

We all laughed, “Today is going to be a long day,” I said, smiling at the three of them who were already discussing names.

I think I might have to make a few changes. I sighed, smiling to myself. I’m so happy.

I love you Min Yoongi and I can't wait to say I do.