CHAPTER NINE – HE NEEDS HER

Simple Things

 

------------------------------

 

“Watch your step”

“I would if you weren't covering my eyes”

I laughed, carefully leading her to the centre of the room while covering her eyes, making sure she doesn’t trip on her feet, or that I might step on her feet. Anything is bound to happen, with me being, me, and her just having… bad luck.

“What are you doing… oh my god, you're finally going to get rid of me,” she suddenly said, I shook my head, sometimes I wonder where this girls head goes off too.

“Look people will be looking for me. I'm a very important person and they will find—”

“Stop talking,” I said, trying to concentrate where she was stepping, her talking was distracting me.

I don't normally do this, surprising people, this was not my forte, but this, this was different, she was different, she’s the only exception.

“Okay, stop,”

I looked up over at the window, that was upstairs, and I nodded to one of the workers, he nodded back, and I watched, as all the lights slowly dimmed until it was pitch black.

“Yoongi” Lisa whispered, her voice so small and quiet, I smiled.

“Okay, just keep your eyes closed,” I said, removing my hands, as I walked around to face her, even in the darkness her face still shone in the dark.

“Okay, open your eyes,”

Her eyes slowly opened blinking a few times, I wanted to laugh at how cute she was when she frowned,

“Are you still covering my eyes, because it's still pitch black.”

“Not for long,” I softly spoke,

Her eyes slowly lit up, and she had the biggest smile,

“Oh. My. God” she exclaimed, she looked at me before she spun around, her arms outstretched in front of her. “This is beautiful” she smiled.

She stopped spinning around to look back at me, before running into my arms, almost tackling me to the ground.

I laughed, holding her in my arms, “You like it?”

She pulled back staring up at me

“I ing love it!” she yelled,

Her head fell back as she giggled, with the light reflecting off her face,

‘Thump, Thump’

She’s beautiful, the way her eyes are shining, her smile… the way she swore—

“Did you just swear?” I asked, she immediately stopped giggling, to stare right at me as if realization finally hit her of what she just said her eyes started to panic.

Cute.

I smiled down at her cupping her face “You swore” I said, she quickly shook her head in denial,

“I think you're hearing things, old man,” she said.

“I think n—” her beautiful smile was the last thing I saw before she captured my lips. I smirked into the kiss, pulling her closer to me.

I finally managed to pull away, trying to catch my breath.

, she really takes my breath away.

I smiled at her, tracing her Jawline, then to her chin.

“You should swear more often, you sound cute,” I laughed as her cheeks turned red as she pouted.

“Lisa… I…”

“I love it,” she said interrupting me, combing my hair back.

I felt my words leave me, and I wanted to tell her how much she means to me. I just…

“Let's eat,”

Her eyes lit up at the mention of food,

“Food as well, you really know the way to a girl’s heart, Min Yoongi” she smirked, her fingers now tracing my lips, “And after,” she whispered seductively against my lips, her finger is the only thing separating me from tasting those lips,

I shook my head, this girl.

“I'm taking you home, like the gentleman I am”

“Well, your bor—AHHH!” she didn't get the chance to finish because she was too busy squealing in my arms, as I pinched her sides. She tried to get away from me, but I quickly grabbed her pulling her back against me, hugging her from behind.

“I don't mind being boring as long as I get to be boring with you” I whispered against her cheek, she spun around in my arms cupping my face.

“I think, I have made you cheesy” she teased.

I smirked at her “And I made you a addict”

I laughed when her cheeks turned a dark shade of pink, as she shook her head.

“Ani” she smiled “I'm a SUGA addict… I really love my sweets”

I smiled down at her when she hid her face in my chest cringing at what she just said.

“Now, who’s the cheesy one,” I laughed

“Still you” she mumbled into my chest,

I gently cupped her cheek, so I can stare at her, “If I could grant you one wish, what would you wish for?” I asked

She stared at me confused until the brightest smile graced her face, she leaned into my hand closing her eyes.

“That I can make my fans happy, that I hope that they will stay with me for a long time and that as long as I have them by my side I can do and be anything I want”

I smiled at her wish; she truly has a beautiful soul.

“That's more than one wish, and that, that’s not a wish, that's a promise” I whispered leaning forward and placing a kiss on her forehead, she gazed up at me.

“Then I wish, that whenever you need me, you will find me under the stars,”

I stared at her for a while. How is she even real?

“Why is it, that all your wishes, are for everyone else, and not for you,” I asked.

She smiled, “Because everyone needs a wish, and I don't want or need anything and if I ever need a wish, I can come here,” she said stepping back and spinning around gazing up, she stopped as she looked at me.

“Besides,” she stepped towards me “I'm saving my wish for a rainy day,” she said stopping right in front of me.

I leaned forward “Oh, really” I whispered

“Really,” she smiled pinching my cheeks, I frowned, and she laughed as she took off to the middle of the room when she suddenly stopped, and she glanced back at me as she stared at the picnic blanket that was laid in front of her, with food laid out on top.

I walked over to her, as she clasped her hands together in excitement,

“Gamjatang!” she yelled.

she's beautiful.

 

------------------------------

 

Star Dome Planetarium.

 

I stood outside staring up at the building.

It’s a Saturday and I’m surprised to see that it is not packed with students, or tourists, kids, families… or anyone. Was it closed?

I walked to the front entrance and saw a ‘Booked Out’ sign, I looked through the window to see three workers, just standing around, doing nothing.

I tried the handle and was surprised to find it unlocked, I walked in without them even noticing me.

I stood there about to speak…

“How long do you think she's going to be, it's already the 2nd day she has booked this place,”

The blonde guy spoke, he sat on top of the counter, probably playing games on his phone.

“Do you think she's a celebrity?”

A girl asked as she chewed at the end of her pencil, staring at the blonde guy on his phone.

“I guess, I mean she did book the whole place, either she’s rich or she’s a celebrity, especially with that kind of body and height”

I frowned hearing the blonde guy talk, knowing exactly who they were talking about.

“Ahem!”

They all looked at me, the blonde guy, lost his balance on the counter and dropped his phone, the girl dropped the pencil from , and the other worker looked up from his book, only to look back down at his book.

“AISH!” blondie growled, grabbing his phone, and going back to his game.

“Sorry sir, but the place is book—”

“I know,” I said, ignoring the girl and walking past them,

“Excuse me, Sir,” the girl called out.

I growled, I really don’t have time for this,

“Look!” I snapped, looking at the workers who were all now looking at me.

“I don't have ing time for this, that girl in there. She’s waiting for me, and I have already made her wait long enough,” I said, walking away before I could walk any further, I looked back at the three and I thought of something.

“Where's your manager?”

~~~~~~~

There are exactly 6 rooms in this planetarium.

6 rooms, and I didn't need to check all of them to know which one she was already in. I breathed in, my hands feeling clammy, and my heart was beating so fast and hard against my chest.

I slowly opened the door, walking in and closing it behind me, I looked ahead and even in the dark, I could still see her, and there she was lying in the middle of the room, looking up at the stars,

Her eyes were closed, her knees bent, her hands fell beside her,

I slowly walked towards her and sat down beside her, whether she knew I was there or not, I had no way of knowing, she made no move or sound to say I was there as I lay down next to her.

I stared up at the stars above us, it was as if nothing mattered but this moment, right here, right now.

I had many scenarios of how I would approach her, what I would say, what I would do, but none would have prepared me for how I was feeling right at this moment.

I was ing scared.

“Why are you here Yoongi?”

Her voice, so soft and quiet,

I glanced over at her, she still had her eyes closed,

“Because you're here,” I said,

I watched as her eyes slowly opened, and she turned to look at me. We stared at each other, not moving, not saying anything, doing anything, we just stared at each other.

Her eyes. I wanted to remove her cap and mask, so I could see all of her, I could stay like this and—

“I hate you, Min Yoongi,”

I blinked, when she suddenly got up, so fast that she quickly walked straight to the door, I quickly stood up and rushed after her, and I just managed to reach out for her arm, before she could get any further away from me.

She turned back to glare at me, trying to pull her arm away from my grasp.

“Lisa!” I said, refusing to let her arm go… to let her go.

“No!” she yelled, pulling her mask off.

She stopped trying to pull her arm back, as she glared at my hand, before glaring at me.

“No, you don't get to do this, you don't get to come here and expect me…”

She stopped talking, when she pulled her arm free from my grasp, she turned away, I was going to grab her wrist, only she stopped, when her hand reached for the door handle.

She hesitated, then she spun back around to look at me.

“Do you want to know why I'm here?” she asked, not waiting for a reply from me.

“To try and forget you,”

I looked down at my hands, then looked back at her.

“I hate you, Min Yoongi. I hate you for making me feel as if my heart isn't breaking… that every time I see you…”

She stood there, her shoulders slumped forward, she sighed.

“Was I not worth it… Was I not worth the fight? Was I not worth starting a war for?” she whispered,

“Was I not enough for you?”

We both stared at each other, then she looked away from me, her head bent forward again.

All this time, I was thinking that I was never enough for her, that I will never be good enough, and here she was thinking the same.

Only, she’s worth it, she’s more than enough, she was everything to me… and she always will be.

I pulled my mask off and stepped forward, pulling her into my chest, wrapping my arms around her. Closing my eyes,

“From the moment I met you, you were worth it, you are worth it,” I whispered, I could feel her hands grab on to the back of my jacket.

I leaned back, cupping her cheek, her tears streaming down her face.

“I ed up the moment I let you walk out of my life,” I said, wiping her tears with my thumb. “I hurt you, I hurt us both. All I wanted to do was to be with you, but I was… I was scared because I will never be… good enough for you…” my voice cracked, and my eyes were filling up with tears.

“Why?” She whispered against my palm.

“You didn't need to be good enough, you just needed to be you. You, Min Yoongi was more than enough” Lisa cried

“I wanted to forget you. I wanted to properly move on, but how can I when…” she Looked down at her feet, her hands held on to my wrist that was cupping her cheek,

“I… I still love you…” she stared up at me.

‘Thump, Thump’

“I hate you” she cried, only to smile when she squeezed my wrist.

I smiled at her, “I Love you,” I said, her eyes closed leaning into my palm again.

“I want you in my life,” I started

“And I am willing to do whatever it takes to have you in my life, if I have to get on my knees and beg,” I said, I stepped back from her, as I got down on both my knees as I stared up at her.

She stared down at me in shock,

“I want. No, I need you back in my life, by my side… always” my hands clasped together,

“Yoongi” I stared up at her, as fresh tears fell from her eyes, streaming down my face.

“Please, let me finish,” I said, I reached for both her hands.

“I know we both don't know what the future has in store for us, but I am willing to step into the unknown… all you have to do is hold my hand,” I said

3 years ago, she offered me the same thing…  and I didn't take her hand, like the coward I was, and now, here I am, right here at this moment offering the same thing.

She can say no, she can walk away, she didn't need to take my hand, she could leave, start a new life… Without me, and I was scared.

I was scared of that being a possibility.

“Yoongi,” she whispered,

I shook my head, “Please give me a chance to prove myself. I ed up, I know, and I can't take it back but…” I begged,

I looked at our hands, praying that she won't let go. I know I was asking for much.

I know I have no right.

Then I felt as if I couldn't breathe as if everything had stopped…

She pulled her hands away.

I watched as if everything moved in slow motion, her hands returning to her side, I felt… I felt…

Empty

No. I will not let her out of my life again, I will fight for her, I will do whatever it takes to gain her trust, to show her that she matters to me.

I glanced up at Lisa, she deserves everything, I can offer because I can't lose her. not now, not ever.

She was crying and I was dying inside. Is this how she felt, three years ago when I… ! I don't deserve her, but I’m selfish. I want to be selfish right now. I want Lisa to know that I don't plan on giving up.

Ever.

Then she got down on her knees as well.

I was confused and I watched as her head bent forward.

“I'm putting my heart on the line Yoongi… I can't go through that again… I… I love you, but it hurts more than anything… but to not love you, will hurt more…” she said, reaching for my hands holding them in hers.

“I need you to be there when I need you. I need to know… that you will stand by me”

I felt as if my heart was going to explode this is what she does to me she makes me feel alive and all I want to do is live.

“Min Yoongi, I. Love. You and I always will, because you make me happy, you're the only one who makes my heart want to jump out and dance” she stared at me

“I would give you my heart,” she said, squeezing my hands. “But how can I, when you've had it all this time,” her eyes slowly closed, and a smile graced her beautiful lips.

She has always had mine.

I pulled her into my arms, her head against my chest, as I fell back against the floor, pulling her with me. My hands combing through her hair.

I smiled when she punched my chest.

“I love you, Lalisa Manoban” I smiled kissing the top of her head, she pulled back staring at me, her eyes shining.

“Kiss me,”

I was surprised by her sudden comment, but that didn't stop me from cupping her face and pulling her forward so I could taste those beautiful lips.

Nothing felt more, right than her lips on mine, I leaned back staring up at her, her eyes were still closed, and a smile graced her lips.

“Every time,” she whispered, I smiled pulling her close into my arms.

 

*****SPECIAL CHAPTER*****

 

(Authors P.O.V.)

He finally heard me swear”

Jungkook, looked over at Lisa who was sitting down next to him, he was watching the girl carefully, and noticed that, what she said, wasn’t what was bothering her, but if he asked, he knew that she would avoid this whole conversation, so he had to slowly fish it out of her or he could forget what she said and carry on with the night of having fun, or he could wait for Bam to say something.

“About, time” Bambam said, standing in front of the two, holding a mic in his hand, and folder in the other.

Jungkook smirked, Bam never disappoints.

“What do you mean, about time?” Lisa asked, looking at Bambam before looking back at Jungkook who shrugged his shoulder,

“I mean, you’ve dated for what, 6”

“11,”

“Months and he still hasn’t heard you swear.” Bambam finished,

Lisa rolled her eyes, still looking at Jungkook as they both shook their head at Bambam,

“Just hurry up and choose a song,” Jungkook said to Bambam, who glared at the two, throwing the folder at Jungkook, before flipping him off,

Lisa laughed, grabbing her can of coke.

Jungkook laughed at Bambam and then smiled at Lisa. Jungkook watched her drink coke when she could drink alcohol, like Bambam, who was taking advantage of the fact that he was of age. Unlike himself, who still had a few months to wait, but he was still debating if he should drink or not. He’s tried it, Jimin and Taehyung decided to drink in the dorm, and when the two passed out, he cleaned up after two and snuck a can into his room.

After that, he really couldn’t see the delight in drinking when it tasted like over-carbonated spiced dirty water, he hated beer. Well, warm beer to be exact.

Jungkook watched Bambam choose yet another girl group song, SISTAR Sunbaenim, ‘Touch my Body’, played.

Lisa laughed at how stupid Bambam looked dancing and shaking his in front of her and Jungkook.

“What made you swear?” Jungkook asked, taking a drink from his can of coke, Lisa glanced at Jungkook before smiling to herself.

“He made me see the stars,”

Jungkook choked on his drink, before looking at Lisa, while Bambam had fully stopped singing to stare at Lisa.

“What?” Lisa said staring at the two.

“YOU HAD !” Bambam shouted, squeezing the mic tightly in his grip.

“What the hell Bambam, could you scream it any louder,” Lisa snapped, her eyes looking around the room as if other people were in there with them.

“I don’t know if I do, will it make a difference, that you had… ! Really… ‘He had me see the stars’ are you kidding me!” Bambam growled,

“I’m. Going. To. Kill. Hyung” Jungkook yelled, gripping his can too tight, that it was spilling out all over his hand.

Lisa stared at the two before she shook her head, “He took me to a Planetarium. You erts” Lisa said,

The two stopped and they both looked at Lisa, before looking at each other, feeling their cheeks heat up, they both laughed awkwardly,

“Well, anyone could have, mistaken that…” Bambam joked,

“No, only you two would,” Lisa said, rolling her eyes.

The room went quiet except for ‘Touch my Body’ playing in the background.

The three sat in awkward silence.

Lisa frowned, “What does it matter to you two if I did have ?”

Jungkook looked at Bambam, the two were having a silent staring contest.

‘You’re the one who opened his mouth’ Jungkook glared

‘You’re the one who asked a stupid question’ Bambam glared back

Jungkook groaned, when he blinked, Bambam smiled in triumph.

Jungkook sighed, “We just… We…” Jungkook looked at Lisa. “We, care for you, Lisa… and I… I trust Hyung…”

Bambam shook his head, palming his face, he looked at Jungkook who looked like a complete mess, trust the to mess it up, Bambam sighed.

“When you do have ,” Bambam interrupted, looking at Jungkook, who smiled, before leaning back against the sofa,

Bambam walked in front of Lisa and sat on the table opposite her, he held both her hands and smiled,

“I want you to be sure, that is what you want, that this is a decision that you made. No one pressured you, or that you had to follow what everyone else was doing, this was your decision.”

Lisa stared at Bambam, shocked that she was actually having a serious conversation with him.

She cringed, pushing his hands away, “I will,” she nodded, and Bambam smiled,

“But whatever you decided, I will be here for you, always”

“So, will I”

The two looked at Jungkook who was smiling at the two.

“Whatever ” Bambam smirked, Jungkook frowned,

“I’m not a ,” Jungkook said, Bambam stayed quiet because he knew when Jungkook was joking or when he was serious, and he was definitely serious.

“I can’t believe we’re talking about and ‘Touch my Body’ is playing,” Lisa laughed, the other two looked at Lisa before laughing along as well.

Lisa grabbed the Mic from Bambam, “My turn since your song is finished,” Lisa said standing up and walking towards the front of the screen.

Bambam groaned, sitting next to Jungkook, he threw his arm over Jungkooks shoulder,

“I can’t believe you didn’t tell me… do I know her?” Bambam whispered,

Jungkook frowned, “This is why I didn’t say anything”

Bambam smiled, “Fine. I won’t ask… In eight weeks, you’ll be legal, I’ll wait till your drunk,”

Jungkook shook his head at Bambam, and all he could think about was that Bambam and Lisa were definitely separated at birth.

“Bam, you know I don’t drink.”

“Yeah, because your desperate tried beer, warm beer, but now that you have me in your life, I’m going to show you the ropes on how to properly drink… unlike that one,” Bambam said, tilting his head towards Lisa.

 

“I threw a wish in a well, don’t ask me I’ll never tell, I looked to you as I fell, and now you're in my way…”

 

The two looked at Lisa, singing and swaying along to her song. The two shook their heads, not again, they both thought.

Bambam smiled “Anyways, welcome to the club” he boasted, patting Jungkook on the shoulder, who shrugged his hand off his shoulder.

“Why don’t you welcome me, to the club?”

The two froze and looked at Lisa who was smiling,

“What do you mean?” Jungkook said, only to frown when Lisa smirked at them, Jungkook shook his head.

“But you said… You didn’t!” Bambam said, nearly jumping up from his seat.

“Did I?”

Jungkook and Bambam looked at each other, then back at Lisa, before the two could even say anything, the door burst open, shocking all three.

“Sorry, I’m late… I know, I know but, Jackson-hyung wouldn’t let me go unless I helped him.”

All three looked at Yugyeom who was holding onto the door trying to catch his breath.

He looked at the three, “So, what did I miss” Yugyeom asked, seeing how tense Jungkook and Bambam were, while Lisa was smiling innocently and holding the mic, playing the same song she always goes for.

“Not this song again,” Yugyeom groaned,