Love must be honest

The love I cherished
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Love must be honest

* * *

"Ah, I’m so damn tired! Let’s go back to our room.” Yoochun said while stretching out his back, trying to get rid of the uncomfortable sensation after skiing so long in the cold weather.

“Let’s go, I need to get a hot bath too.” Junsu said.

“Okay guys, we’re leaving first.” Yoochun looked at me and waved his hand.

“Wait, I’m going too.” I said once the two stood up from their chair. But then I felt someone held my hand.

“Where are you going?” Yunho looked up at me with eyebrows quirked up.

I looked at him in puzzlement. “Going back to the room with them. Don’t you want to get some rest too?”

Yoochun chuckled as he looked at both of us. “Jaejoong-ah, can’t you read the mood? Yunho wants to spend the time with you only. We’re staying in a separate room though. So, enjoy the night!” Yoochun chuckled and winked at me, making me felt suspicious before a sudden nervousness filled me after I got the meaning behind his cheeky smile.

I looked at Yunho and he was looking at me, expressionlessly. He didn’t give a sign to release my hand at the moment, so I had to pull my hand from his gently and averted my eyes elsewhere. My heart was pounding so hard now.

“Then, let’s go.” Yunho said and stood up from his chair suddenly.

“To where?” I asked him with a nervous squeak in my voice. Silently, hoping he hadn’t noticed.

He looked at me, amused. “Where else, to our room of course. Didn’t you say you want to get some rest?” He said with a sensuous smile. I hated it how that smile of his was able to make me went weak in the knees and heart fluttered instantaneously.

“O-oh...” Only that I could utter and started following his step to where our room was located. I’d run out of an idea. How could I forget the possibility of facing this kind of situation before following this trip? I’d never been reckless and forgetful about this before. Whenever we were on a short trip, I’d always planned ahead with putting all of us to be stay in one room or get a room for everyone. But this time it was all Junsu and Yoochun’s plan and I didn’t know what their plan was before I just tagged along.

“This is the room?” I asked once Yunho stopped in front of the room that was separated away from others.

“Hmm… I think so since the key’s number matching the door.” Yunho unlocked the door.

He walked in first and put down our backpacks on the hardwood floor. I followed and looked around the exclusive room in awe. It looked expensive to have it facing such a splendid view from the top of the mountain that covered by snow. I didn’t think I could afford to stay a night here if I haven’t met and known Yunho or Junsu.

“Do you like the room?” Yunho asked as he watched me pleasingly checking the room.

I turned to him and nodded with a beaming face. There, our gaze met for a long beat of silence. It wasn't prolonged, I averted my eyes from his watchful ones just when my heart started beating out of rhythm, again!

I cleared my throat. “I think I need to get a shower. I feel so sweaty.” I tried to escape from the sudden awkwardness in the room. It was a first time for the two of us to be left alone, I meant really alone in a closed space like this ever since we’d been dating.

His lips curled into a slight smile. “It’s currently winter and you’re sweating?”

I began nibbling on my bottom lips, feeling embarrassed and foolish at the moment.

“Okay, you can go use the shower first.” He chuckled as he ruffled my fringe, seemingly could see my tenseness. He then walked away to unpack his stuff.

I could felt my cheeks grew hot. I rushed to the bathroom after grabbed a towel in the closet. A bad feeling started creeping up on me.

This man… he seemed to know how to read the situation and always helped me out from being caught in uneasy situations. He tried to make me feel at ease and comfortable around him.

*

I finished my shower after taking the longest time than I’d usually took. Once I donned a T-shirt and sweatpants, I stepped out only to find Yunho had already fallen asleep on the single couch near the bed. I reached out my hand to him, feeling the need to wake him up from that uncomfortable posture. But suddenly I felt reluctant. Instead, I kneeled before him, feeling the need to use this rare moment of closeness without him aware; just to stare at the current calm feature of him. His eyes were closed with a towel on his hip, his head fell sideways onto his right shoulder - probably he fell asleep while waiting for me to finish showering.

I smiled unconsciously. Somehow, he was kind of cute looking. Because most of the time he just looked stunning, and seemingly a strict man that gave off an unapproachable aura around him. From what I’ve heard, people were having a hard time to talk or deal with him when it was something about work. And he was not the type to mingle with people outside of work from what Junsu had informed me.

Somehow, I felt special to think that I could see this side of him which nobody else could. What was this feeling? I hated how it was able to make me feel easily happy at the mere thought of I could be this close to him and had a special spot in his heart. Had I?

My stray thought had stirred a strange urge inside me as my hand reached out and touched him. Starting from his brow, I trailed my fingers down to his straight nose, then his cheek and down to his chiselled jaw. How could this man be this handsome even in his sleep with eyes closed? I thought foolishly.

I was so engrossed with pleasing myself watching this handsome creature when suddenly my hand was grabbed. I startled. I looked at the hand that grabbed mine.

“What are you doing?” Yunho’s eyes snapped open and that almond-shaped, hazel eyes of his were looking straight at me. His tone was low.

I was caught!

A small smile slowly visible on his chiselled handsome face. His hand still grabbed mine, didn’t seem to let it go.

“Huh, I… I just- umph!”

Yunho had pulled me up onto his laps before I could answer him. His arms s out around my waist to lock me against him.

I was caught off guard. It was the first time someone had been this close to me, sending my heart racing and my blood pounding through my ears. I was dumbfounded about what to do in this kind of situation. To think it back, it was a different case when we ended up on the bed last time when I intended to trap him in this untangled mess. He was totally drunk and we just ended up slept soundlessly side by side. Unbeknownst to him, nothing had happened that night - the truth that I still struggled mentally to keep it invisible to him.

“Let me go...” I tried to wriggle out of his arms, my voice sounded low to my ears than I intended. Nervous struck me.

“You’ve been sneakily watching me and touching me...” He said, merely whispered as he leaned his face closer to mine. His intense gaze was enough to make me felt weak.

“Do you expect me to just let you go after you’ve seduced me just now?” His lips curved into a soft smile. All the while his eyes were looking at my lips.

“I…I did not seduce y-you…” My voice came out stuttering.

I fought to gain control of myself as his hand reached out to my face, bringing me down towards his. His lips started skimming over mine.

“You’re really something, Kim Jaejoong.” He whispered.

I stopped fighting to be free from his hold as he finally pressed his bow-shaped lips against mine.

My heart screamed in my chest and a strange feeling surged through every pore of my body. I felt my breathing speed up as his arms circled around me tighter, stopping me from moving an inch away from him. He kissed me softly and gently at first before it turned to be more passionately and urgently.

I knew I could pull away at the moment, but my body just couldn’t move! My thoughts twisted and confusion ran through my body as my lips began to respond to his. Instinctively, my hands slid up to his shoulders and holding him back.

What was I doing? Why was I responding to his kiss? And what was this feeling?! This was not our first kiss, but somehow it felt different.

I closed my eyes and just surrendered to this moment and this man. I didn’t know how long we had been indulged in a kiss and when Yunho parted our lips, I could barely open my eyes. I tried to bring my heart and my breathing back to normal.

“This is really interesting…” Yunho breathed softly.

I finally opened my eyes to look up at him, feeling confused by his words.

He was smiling lovingly as he ran the back of his hand down the side of my face. His forehead touched mine as he stared into my eyes.

“Does this mean your heart is mine now?” He asked suddenly, making me felt even more confused. He hadn’t loosened his grip on me, still keeping my body close to him.

I was about to ask what did he mean by that when suddenly we were disrupted by a sudden knock on the door.

“Jung Yunho, open the door~” I looked away from him towards the door as I heard a woman’s voice calling out his name from the other side.

Yunho also turned to the source of the voice. He looked reluctant to respond as he just stayed motionless, but the constant knocking seemed really bothering us. He let out a sigh as he freed me from his hold and got up off the couch. He went to open the door but not before he turned to me and smiled. “I’ll get back to you later.”

I felt my face flushed scarlet.

“Yah, what takes you so long to open this damn door?” The woman that I recognised from the café previously stood in the doorway. I still remembered her name, Kwon Boa as informed by Junsu before.

“What are you doing here?” Yunho asked, ignoring her question. “How do you know my room?”

She grinned. “Well, you seem to forget who’s the owner of this resort.” She looked at him smugly.

“Aish, you can’t just use your authority to break your customer’s privacy.” Yunho reprimanded.

“Oh! You’re really a boring man, Mr Strict prosecutor. I’m glad I don’t get married to you.” She laughed and poked his shoulder playfully. I just sat on the couch, quietly watching them as Yunho held the door half-opened which was making me hidden a bit from the other’s view.

“You’re disturbing my private time. Why are you here?” Yunho shrugged her off with a direct question.

“I’m just coming to let you know that our fathers are here. And my dad is asking you to come down for dinner with us tonight.”

“What? How do they know that I’m here?”

I could sense the surprised tone in Yunho’s voice.

“Well, you can’t escape from being known as my fiancé-to-be. All of the staff here are quite a lot of gossip. Probably one of them has reported to my dad about your staying here. And coincidentally, your father is coming tonight to meet him. Don’t ask me what for. I’m also being forced to join this boring dinner.” She told him.

“I can’t. I’m not having my vacation alone this time. I have my own company and I can’t leave them just like that.” Yunho reasoned.

“Oh, is it Junsu and his friends that I saw this evening? It’s okay. You can bring them together.” She persuaded.

Yunho look contemplated. “I will think about it.”

“Good! I hope to see you downstairs around 8 pm then.” She playfully blew a kiss to him before walking off.

Yunho closed the door and turned around to look at me.

“So, do you want to join me dinner with my family tonight?” He asked, sure that I’d listened enough to catch everything.

I looked at him, trying to read any hint of uneasiness on his face if I decided to join them. But he just looked at me with an expression that was hard to read.

“I don’t think this is the right time to meet your family.” I said truthfully.

Yunho smiled as he walked back to me. “Then I will tell them I can’t join the dinner and leave my lover here alone.”

“No!” I sprung up from the couch this time, my voice was louder than I intended. I cursed, inwardly.

Yunho looked at me questioningly. “What do you mean by ‘no’? Is it a no for not going to the dinner or… no for saying I’ve my lover here?”

“No, I… I meant…” I felt hopelessly deadloc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter