Chapter 2

The day after i met you

I had sat down to my seat, which was next to the window. In my hands was still the book about photograghy with the shiny cover and the camera was placed around my neck. I looked outside the window as the train was departing from the station. It was too early to see the countryside yet, as the train was slowly leaving the city. But i wouldn't really mind, i knew that soon i was going to see the meadows.

Suddenly, i heard a noise next to me and soon i felt a presence near me, someone had sat next to me. I turned my head towards my right,just to take a glimpse of the fellow passenger and came to a surprise when i saw the same soldier that i helped him with his jacket. He , also, seemed surprised when he saw my face and recognised me. "Oh...it's you. The man who help me with my jacket." I saw that he was still wearing the green jacket as he stretched his hand towards me. "My name is Himchan. I didn't have the time to introduce myself before. I am sorry. " 

I hold firmly his hand as i was looking him at his eyes. "I am Daehyun. Nice to meet you..Himchan. " I let go of his hand. "What is a soldier doing here? Weren't you supposed to be at the military? " 

The soldier, Himchan, shifted a little bit at his seat to make himself comfortable and took of his black beret with his health hand. " I... i had an accident, as you can clearly see. Due to that they let me go sooner... but it's ok. When i will be better i'll go back thankfully."

"Thankfully? " I asked almost letting a chuckle go. "What? You like being in military? " 

"I work there...so you can say that i like it. I am at the armed forces." He shrugged his shoulders and then gave me a smile. "And..how about you, Daehyun? I see that you are holding a camera. Are you a photographer?"

"Well, not exactly " I hold the black camera firmly in my hands. "I study photography at Seoul Institute of the Arts. I am at the third year.. Photography is my passion and i consider my self  lucky that i learn about it."

The young soldier nodded his head in agreement. "I see that you like photography from the heavy book that you are carring around with you. I saw it earlier when i asked for your help." He put his hands in his pocket and took out his ticket. " I am going to Busan, to see my father. He moved there some months ago, i want to pay him a visit."

"Oh..i see. " I let go of the camera and took out my ticket which i had placed it at the back pocket of my jeans. "Jinhae..i am going to Jinhae. And no,it is not for the cherry blossom festival. " I chuckled "Well... i actually go there for the festival too, but.. i am from there. So..yeah" 

Himchan's eyes seemed to have lighted up -at least that's was what i thought- when i mentioned Jinhae. "So..somehow we will be  neighbours, right? That's awesome. " I knew that Jinhae and Busan were like an hour apart by driving, but i didn't expected that Himchan would find that "awesome". Maybe, he would like to see me again? I don't think so. He is just trying to be polite. But, nevertheless,the truth was that i would like to see him again. He was very interested.