The Wedding Shoot

A Thousand Days

Nam Ji Hyun walked on set dressed in a soft pink tulle and lace off-shoulder mermaid gown which displayed her curves and her flawless skin. It was sheer with delicate lace applique strategically placed to protect her modesty. It was fresh off the haute couture runway and fit her perfectly. Ji Chang Wook eyed her appreciatively with a cheeky smirk on his face.

She giggled and punched him slightly on his shoulder.

“Ouch!”

“Stop it!”

“Stop what?”

“Stop staring at me!” She blushed furiously under his intense gaze, which should really only be allowed in the privacy of their bedroom.

“Araso, I’ll stop.” He feigned turning his head away slowly from her only to immediately turn back to lay his eyes intently on her.

“Jagiya! Stop it!” She laughed as she smacked him slightly again. The two laughed happily as Ji Chang Wook pulled Nam Ji Hyun in for a quick hug before they started the shoot.

The two were veterans in the entertainment industry and at this point, they could basically do a shoot with their eyes closed. Which were the best angles, which were the best looks, they knew it all too well. It was all acting. But this, this felt completely foreign.

Their first shoot was the shoot for Suspicious Partner at a studio which Nam Ji Hyun would later find out that Ji Chang Wook owned, amongst several other businesses which he had invested in. During that time, Ji Chang Wook was intentionally playful with Nam Ji Hyun, partially to build a rapport with his co-star and partially because he already had a hopeless crush on her. Nam Ji Hyun reciprocated his playfulness on set which resulted in great pictures for the drama. Of course, Ji Chang Wook never admitted to Nam Ji Hyun that he already had feelings for her right from the start.

Now, as he held her slender waist and looked in her sparkling eyes, he felt entirely exposed. This was not acting anymore. It was as though the camera was now capturing Ji Chang Wook, the ordinary man who fell hopelessly in love with this beautiful girl. All the walls built up by Ji Chang Wook, the actor, had all come crashing down. It was with her that he was truly himself. As they basked in the gentle morning light filtering through the large Parisian apartment windows, Ji Chang Wook lifted Nam Ji Hyun’s face gently by her chin and kissed her tenderly.

“That’s beautiful!” called out Photographer-nim. The two immediately broke apart with embarrassed laughter.

“This feels so awkward!” Nam Ji Hyun exclaimed.

“Why?” asked Photographer-nim with a laugh.

“I don’t know. It just is!” She replied, shaking her arms and wriggling her fingers, trying to get rid of all that nervous energy.

Ji Chang Wook laughed happily at his adorable fiancé.

After multiple gown changes, Nam Ji Hyun was glad to be back in her pink hoodie and jeans. She slowly pulled out the pins in her hair and ran her fingers through her tousled curls as she sat on the couch waiting for Ji Chang Wook. Ji Chang Wook had also changed out of his suit back to his usual motorcycle jacket and jeans and he sat down on the couch beside Nam Ji Hyun, putting his arm around her.

“Tired?”

“Just a little.” She leaned her head on his shoulders. “Today was strange, wasn’t it?”

“Why so?”

“The last time we did a shoot, it was just for work. This is our second shoot ever and it is for our wedding? That’s intense! Although… weren’t you totally in love with me when we had our first shoot?” She , fully expecting him to deny this to eternity.

“Jinja, Nam Ji Hyun! I have been in love with you since we met. When you held my hand during the shoot, I literally felt my heart skip a beat!”

“Jinja? You never told me this! I always assumed you fell in love with my bright intellect and sparkling personality when we were working together!” She quipped with a bright laugh.

“Well... yes, that too. After we met at the music awards, I could not get you out of my mind. You know those ideal type questions we always get? For one of my interviews, I drew you from that night. I even toyed with the idea of asking In Guk for your number but I could just imagine the teasing he would put me through and chickened out. I was always so happy to bump into you at the salon and even happier when you accepted the role!”

“Oppa…” She turned to give him a quick kiss on his shoulder, her heart swooning at his sweet words. They always bickered and bantered. It was so nice to hear all these words.

As they sat there in their private little exchange, the photographer noticed the evening light falling beautifully on the two and quickly took snaps of them at their natural state.

It was their last night in Paris. They could not resist taking a final walk along the Seine, basking in the absolute anonymity that the city afforded them. They could never do this in Korea. They walked to Pont de Bir-Hakeim. It was a popular tourist spot too, thanks to the movie Inception. However, at nightfall, it was blissfully empty. They stood there admiring the views around them, surrounded by the lush autumn foliage and brisk autumn winds.

“Are you cold oppa?” Nam Ji Hyun asked, after a particular gusty wind.

“It’s getting quite chilly.”

Nam Ji Hyun held both of Ji Chang Wook’s hands in hers, rubbing them to warm them up. He always got cold easily.

Ji Chang Wook smiled and pulled her in for a hug, wrapping his coat around her instead.

“Ah this is much better.” He said with a contented sigh as he felt her hands tighten around his waist, her body warming his up slowly but surely.

“Araso.” She mumbled, burying her face into his chest.

“Saranghae Nam Ji Hyun.” He murmured as he kissed the top of her head.

She looked up into his eyes, her sparkling eyes meeting those deep intense eyes that made her heart flutter every single time and kissed him tenderly on his lips.

“Saranghae.” She whispered softly.

He pulled her even closer for a deeper kiss and she reciprocated by parting her lips for him and kissing him back. As if on cue, the Eiffel Tower started twinkling in the distance. The lovers stood there in a tight embrace, completely oblivious of the traffic around them and the random passersby, lost entirely to their kiss.