CHAPTER 6 ; BYROAD.

Kryptonite.

Ji Chang Wook kissed Nam Ji-Hyun after hugging her goodbye. She was going to Seoul and he was going to Phoenix, for a week before joining her back to Seoul.

“We’ll begin the lessons when I’m back.” He said, then whispered in her ear “ I’ll miss making love to you.” She smiled. She’s going to miss him, but it’s only a week. The airport was empty, so they kissed again, for a long time.

“I love you.” He spoke, locking eyes with her for a while before leaving.

And I you, she thought, watching him leave bitterly.

Ji-Hyun missed him the second he disappeared from her sight. Back in Seoul, she met Seo In Guk, who was relieved they made up. He introduced her to a friend of his, who was going to play the male lead role in the new drama Ji-Hyun was taking part in, “Love shots”.

Seon bong jun was tall, white-skinned, taciturn and very handsome. He said his greetings rather abruptly, and took off. He wasn’t very sociable, and didn’t seem to like her at all. She felt unease, because she’d have to work with him. She decided she’d try to sort things out with him as soon as possible.

The following day, Ji-Hyun was exhausted from a night on Skype with her love, telling her about all the things he ate in the States, all the things he’s seen, and that he missed her loads.

She’s spent an hour sending him kisses through the computer, because she wanted to be with him so bad it ached. He laughed so openly she felt like crying of wanting to be with him that moment.

She walked straight into the studio without looking in front of her, drinking coffee and trying to fix her hair when she received a text from Chang Wook, saying he missed her, he wanted her and he loved her.

Smiling, she got in, the man hiding behind the wall watching her going unnoticed, as well as the sour expression on his face.

“What’s up today?” Asked In Guk, his sleepy eyes smiling friendly at Ji-Hyun, followed by Bong Jun, who arbores that same conceited face.

She threw him a bad look, and saluted In Guk who invited her for a coffee.

When Bong Jun was objecting to literally everything she said and did, she went a little mad. Ji-Hyun was about to ask him to go outside and clear it off when her phone vibrated. It was Chang Wook.

She forgot all about Bong Jun and ran out to take the call.

“What’s up babe?” He greeted nonchalantly.

“I wanna see you!” She pouted, as he laughed.

“I know, I’ll be back in six days. Behave until then.” He threatened, but her eyes filled with love, she wanted to be scolded by her man, because she wanted to feel him taking care of her.

Back inside, Seo In Guk asked who it was who made her rush all of a sudden.

“My man of course!” She bragged, obvious.

Bong Jun clenched his fist on the table.

Two days later, Ji-Hyun was waiting for Bong Jun outside.

She prepared herself, not to beat him up as soon as he appeared.

He came to her a few moments later, his face closed, forcing a smile and asking what was wrong.

“That’s my line!” She yelled, unable to control herself, and started pacing.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” She exclaimed, narrowing her eyes at him hatefully. “We’ve just known each other and yet, you’re mean to me just because you think I’m ugly?”

He titled his head to the side questioningly, his surprised expression erasing the previous hatred.

“I don’t think you’re ugly.” He stated simply, not looking at her.

“I don’t really care. You just tell me what’s wrong, or we’ll have to cancel this drama.” She put her hands on her hips and watched him.

He blushed. “Nothing’s wrong. It’s just the way I am.” He said, turning around to leave.

She took his arm. “Hey, we haven’t stated a peace land yet.”

“I’m not sure about that, do you want me to act kind to you when I don’t want to?!”

“Yes! It’s easier for me!”

“I won’t be genuine, would you accept that?”

“I don’t care about that. I don’t care about your feelings towards me, I just don’t want to feel uneasy!” She concluded with a mocking glare at him before leaving.

Seoul Airport, 10 pm.

A couple exchanged a tight hug. They went home holding each other, and spent two whole days in bed.

Monday morning, Bong Jun was as despicable as ever. Ji-Hyun asked the director if she could be removed. A few hours later, Bong Jun came to find Ji-Hyun, to ask her to change her mind.

“You’re off your bloody rocker.” She said, packing her things.

“I’m sorry.” He replied, but she didn’t react.

“I was having a tantrum and threw it on you.. I shouldn’t have done that.”

“But why are you like this with me ?” She said, sincerely hurt.

“Ji-Hyun…” He came closer, but she stepped back.

“What are you doing?”

“Ji-Hyun… I…” But someone burst out in the room, his face enraged. It was Chang Wook.

Ji-Hyun ran to hug him, and he put his arm around her. When he let go of her, she tried to make him stop.

“You’re making moves on my girlfriend are you?” He croaked menacingly, taking steps forward.

Bong Jun didn’t move. He didn’t flinch.

A few moments later, they were fighting. Blood dripped from their mouths. It was terrible. Ji-Hyun tried to stop them, but she received a big fist on her face. She passed out, and they took her to the hospital.

“It’s your fault.” Bong Jun said, trying to touch Ji-Hyun’s face.

Chang Wook punched him again.