Shadow

A Top student (or not)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4



 

Nayoung clenched her fist, and slammed the corridor’s door. She decided to take some fresh air outside in the garden. She was aware that someone was following her but she shrugged it off.

 

The stone opened her chemistry book, trying to catch every words of her book until another student closed her book.

 

“Don’t review too much for your test, it will be easy for you.” the stranger said. “Even if you’re older than me, I’m talking you as a sunbae Nayoung…”

 

“Why do you follow me ?”

 

“Don’t I have the right to come here ? Garden is a public place.”

 

“If you say so….”


 

She let the girl sit beside her, while putting her book at the other side of the bench.


 

“They need students for the presentation about placebo effect. Do you want to do it with me ?” she asked her, Nayoung was thinking about it.

 

“I don’t know, you could find better than me.”

 

“You’re interested in that kind topic, am I wrong ? I know you borrow all the book in the library about placebo… like me…”


 

“Are you secretly stalking me Jung ?” she was disbelief, but the latter just shook her head.

 

“Why would I do that ? I’m not interested on you.” she dryly answered.

 

“Then, why not. I want to do it.” she agreed. After their exchanged their numbers, they headed in the university corridor again.


 

“It’s only now we exchanged our numbers, isn’t weird ? We should do that more earlier.” the girl stated, chuckling.

 

“We’re not close enough I guess….” Nayoung answered, while showing out her phone. Someone was calling her, Jieqiong, but she refused the call and turned it off.

 

“Why don’t you answer ? It seems important…” the stranger asked, “Kyulkyung seldom made a call.”


 

“I’ll do it later…”


 

“What’s your relationship with her ? Are you guys close ?” she inquired.


 

“Why don’t you ask her yourself, she’s kind of your bestfriend since high school.” Nayoung replied, adding “Jung Chaeyeon.”


 

“But I want to hear it from you... “ she tilted her head, “what should I do ?”


 

Somehow, Nayoung found her cute because she looked like to someone she know…


 

“Earlier, you look like a lost puppy when she was hugging her new boyfriend.” she put emphasis, making Nayoung closed her eyes.

 

“I wasn’t. I’m not fond of skinship, that’s all.” the stone defended.

 

“Well if you say so, I should trust you.” she smiled, “Tomorrow, after course, join me in the study room.” they bid goodbye after the stone nodded.


 

In her way towards her dormitory, she didn’t expected Jieqiong waiting in front of her door, leaning against it. The latter finally noticed her when she walked closer.

 

“N-nayoung…” she called out “I was l-looking for you earlier…” the shy girl said, holding something behind her back.

 

“So ?” she nonchalantly asked, while she opened her door.

 

“Can I join you ?”

 

“Not today, I’m busy…”

 

“Please?” she begged, and she knew that Nayoung couldn’t resist it.

 

The older gave up and sighed, letting her enter inside. Her roommate wasn’t here yet, maybe going on a date with her soon to be girlfriend.

 

“What’s that ?” Nayoung asked her, pointing a plastic bag that the chinese was holding in her hands.

 

“A gift from someone. Nothing much.” she happily said, with that they sat in bed Nayoung’s bed.

 

“Why were you looking for me ?” the older turned her head, noticing the chinese looking down at her feet.

 

“I miss y-you…” she sightly blushed, playing with her thumbs. Nayoung was about to hug her until she remembered that guy. So she was able to restrain herself.

 

“Is that so ?”

 

Jieqiong was expecting more from the stone, so she was a little disappointed. She wanted her to make a move, but was zipped.

 

“If you come here only to tell me that… I thought it was something important..” she said, “I have to finish a project so could you leave please ?”

 

“Ah.. sorry..” she mumbled, walking towars the door.



 

“Jieqiong.” the younger turned around almost immediately.

 

“Yes ?”

 

“You forgot the gift…” she pointed out. With that the chinese grabbed her stuff and left the room definitely.


 

Did I do something wrong lately ? or … is it her ?


 

Once she was back to her dorm, her friend Eunwoo was trying to consoling her. She told her everything about their deal even if she disagreed this fact.

 

“Idiot! You should just confess! If I was her, I won’t accept that stupid deal.” she sighed,

 

“What are you trying to do ? Are you my friend or not ?”

 

“A friend who advice you. Seriously Kyulkyung, why don’t you just confess, it’s simple. You guys are complicating your life. Life is short, if you don’t get her soon, someone else will probably take her away from you.”

 

“You’re right but.. I don’t know if I could assume my relationship… I’m pretty sure my family will send me back to china if they know it…”


 

“Nayoung is also somehow popular too in her department. Girls were almost oggling at her body when she was in sport area the morning especially this Kang Yebin.” she informed, Jieqiong stared at her.

 

“Like I don’t know! Chaeyeon already told me …”

 

“What ? Chaeyeon ? Do you tell her too ?” she was surprised.

 

“Not yet, but it was before the deal.” she sighed. “I want to tell her but we barely see each other.”

 

“Anyway, tomorrow go get your girl and ask her why is she acting like that. It’ll be better and by the way, I give our name to participate to a special course made by the pharmacy departement.”

 

“Why ?! I’m too lazy to go..” she whined.

 

“Maybe you could see your crush.” she smirked, that got a hit from her friend.

 

“I have  to talk to her first.”





 

--




 

Next day, Chaeyeon was al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter