First

A Top student (or not)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1


 

Of course, they will sit at the back of the classroom whereas the top ranking were in front of. That's typical.

 

Nayoung and Chungha tried to copy lessons effortlessly, they were still better than Heehyun who always ended up sleeping. The teacher was already desperate so she didn't wake her up anymore.

 

Sometimes after the class, Jung Chaeyeon would come near and hit her head. “Wake up, or else don't come at school! You're losing your time and mine.”

 

Heehyun rubbed her eyes and smirked. “Who told you to wake me up then ? Just mind your own business, nerd.”

 

“You-”

 

“Stop Chaeyeon.” a voice stopped her from speaking further. The owner was obviously Zhou Jieqiong or if you prefer Joo Kyulkyung alias JooPrettyBoss. “Let her. By the way, we’re already late for the council.”

 

The chinese glanced at us, before her lips curled into a small smile. “I hope you will behave in class.” After that, Chaeyeon followed her outside with Sejeong.


 

“She's so annoying! Why does she keep disturbing me?!” Heehyun was now packing her stuff. Nayoung shrugged it off.

 

“Maybe she likes you?” Chungha nudged her elbow, laughing.

 

“No way!” she retorted. “I would never date her!”

 

“We shouldn't say never or else it will happen Heehyun.” Nayoung grinned and joined Chungha nudging her.

 

“You guys are too much.”

 

They even didn’t understand why it was always Chaeyeon who came to disturb her. Maybe the teacher ask her to do it since she couldn’t do anything for her.



 

--



 

Day and night had passed, Chaeyeon switched her place with Nayoung because of their teacher. So, Heehyun couldn't not even sleep for a minute, Chaeyeon was always there to prevent her, kicking her.

 

Nayoung was now sitting behind Jieqiong. She didn't know if it was a great idea or not, because the latter often looked back at her. She was thankful to her stoic face, Nayoung felt tensed up and uncomfortable.

 

During the lessons, when she wasn't interested, she simply stared at her back, her hair, her profile face, her movement.

 

Nayoung admired her most of the time. Once, Jieqiong was stretching her body and tilted her head back, her eyes met Nayoung’s eyes for a couple of second, but the stone quickly  turned away.

 

Even if it was short, Nayoung felt her heart beating more faster.


 

What did you do to me




 

--

 

 


 

December.

 

The class decided to organize a secret santa. Few students weren't really enjoying this idea but since the majority of class agreed they hadn't choice.

 

Heehyun had picked Jung Chaeyeon.

 

“Oh god, no! Can I change ?” she groaned.

 

Chungha was assigned to Zhou Jieqiong and Nayoung, Kim Sejeong.

 

Seems the destiny brought them together. Heehyun wanted to change with them until she saw the two others names.

 

“Damn. Why those three …” Heehyun sighed.

 

Nayoung didn't really mind about Sejeong. Well, they had never talked each other. She was staring towards the top ranking student group, suddenly she noticed one of them staring back at her.

 

She cleared before taping Chungha’s shoulder. “Let's change.”

 

“If you want.” Chungha agreed even if she was suspicious about her sudden behavior.

 

“Stone why did you change ? It's still the same group!” Heehyun asked, but enough loud for the top ranking student.

 

Chaeyeon approached them. “Hey! You're not allowed to change! You guys are killing the suspense.”

 

“Like you didn't do it with your friends.” Heehyun replied back. “Why are you always stick at our back huh ?”

 

“Rules is rules Ki Heehyun!”

 

Jieqiong interrupted them again. “It's fine Chaeyeon. I also changed with Sejeong.”

 

“Tsk. See!” Heehyun exclaimed.

 

Chungha pulled her friend outside of the classroom. She knew she’ll begin to provocate her again.  Before Nayoung could followed them, she was stopped by her. “I'm sorry for this.”

 

The stone was surprised to hear that since there was nothing to apologize. Heehyun was always loud and bold. At the end, Nayoung joined her friends after nodded lightly. Nothing much to say.





 

--

 

 


 

Last day before winter vacation. Everyone didn't forget to bring the present for the secret santa. Their gift were under their tree. Sejeong and Chaeyeon were in charge of handing them out.

 

Even though, some of them decided to not put under the tree and prefer to give it by themselves. Nayoung was one of them.

 

She slowly walked towards Jieqiong who was crossing her arms, leaning against the table, looking at her friends giving present to others, with a bright smile. That smile Nayoung could never fail to love it.

 

Nayoung was staring at her again, didn’t notice that most of everyone receive it. Sejeong woke her up when she called her. Then Chaeyeon announced that all present were left, she saw Jieqiong disappointed. Sooner, she finally made a move after shoved her present in Heehyun’s hand.


 

“J-Jieqiong.” the younger turned her head, surprised.

 

“This.” Nayoung brought all her courage and showed out her present. “Merry Christmas...”

 

Jieqiong smiled from ear to ear, before holding it in her hand. She stepped closer to the stone, in tip toes, the taller felt a pair of lips pressed against her cheek. “Thanks.” Her pale face turned as red as a rose while the chinese was opening her present.

 

The latter found a christmas mug with another box. She glanced at her but Nayoung avoided her eyes. “What is it ?” she cutely asked her.

 

“J-just open it.” she stuttered, still troubled by her cute side. From the corner of her eyes, she was secretly checking for fear that the ring didn’t fit her finger.


 

Idiot.


 

“I’m sorry…” Nayoung said after noticing that her fear became true. Nevertheless, Jieqiong was still smiling and kept it on her finger. “It’s too -”

 

“It's okay. I will wear it today.” she insisted with a sincere look, “it’s the thought that counts.”  

You're really an idiot! Of course it was too big for her!! Aish…



 

Lost in thought, she didn't notice the chinese coming closer to her. Nayoung looked up, and had a close view of Jieqiong’s face, too close. Not even a few inch was separating their face.

 

“Thanks again.” she whispered against her cheek before kissing her cheek again.

 

Once she stepped backwards, Nayoung rushed towards her friends. She felt her cheeks heating up again and like her heart was about to explode. What's this strange feeling … Nayoung was still on her own world, not listening her friends examining her present she got from Chaeyeon.

 

“Satisfy too much by your gift right ?” Heehyun hit playfully her shoulder. “Nayoung ?”

 

“Huh?” then she glanced at them before looking at a dark blue dress. “What’s that ?”

 

Her friends sighed, Chungha spoke first. “You were daydreaming again! It’s your santa’s gift! I admit that Chaeyeon has good taste.”

 

Nayoung noticed Chaeyeon’s name written on the tag. “I see.”

 

“I wonder when will you wear it, you never wear dress but only sweater.” Heehyun pointed out. “anyways, how was your crush reaction ?”

 

Chungha laughed out unlike Nayoung who brought her stone face. “Shut up.”

 

“What did you guys got ?” she added. Chungha waved a big box of chocolate in front of her while Heehyun closed her eyes deeply. “Heehyun ?”

 

Chungha stole a box from Heehyun’s hand before she could react. With the help of Nayoung, she managed to open the box even if Heehyun was trying to take it back.

 

A burst of laughter came out, along with Nayoung’s.

 

“I swear I’m gonna kill that Santa!” Heehyun muttered, grabbing her elf hat.

 

Not a good timing for her, Chaeyeon told to everyone to gather up for a photo with their gift. Nayoung and Chungha couldn’t stop laughing at her even though the elf was hitting their arms. Later, Nayoung took a picture of Heehyun secretly. I’ll send it them later.


 

“You’re too cute Heehyun! Anyway, what did you get for Chaeyeon ?” Chungha asked, stopping her laugher.

 

“Don't tell me you put fake tarantula.” Chungha was ready to hear a scream.

 

“I'm not that evil.” she wore a smug smile. Neither Nayoung or Chungha could tell what her friend had prepared.


 

This festive ambiance was being well until their head teacher told them to go back to their sit. He still had informations to share with his students. Chaeyeon was about to put her present on the ground until someone grabbed it.

 

“Hey! Ki Heehyun! Give it back.” she scoffed, too late for her, the rebel already shoved her head into the soft cushion.

 

“You're not using it. I’ll return it back later.” she mumbled. Heehyun smiled at her, which annoyed Chaeyeon the most. The latter decided to ignore her for now because she had to focus on the teacher. One point for me.


 

In the other side, Nayoung was trying to not flick her eyes on her, instead focusing on her teacher’s words.


 

Suddenly, someone sticked a note on the corner of her table. She quickly grabbed it before the teacher saw it. Nayoung wondered who sent her this, Chungha was too busy listening and Heehyun already sleeping on a cushion. What ? Where did she get that ? The stone could ask her later, her attention went back to the note.


 

“Go to Starbucks with me ?”


 

Who write this ? I couldn't recognized that but it was really a beautiful hand writing. Maybe it's a joke ?


 

“Mrs.Im out!” the teacher took the paper away. “Mrs. Ki, who allow you to bring a cushion in class ?!”

 

Chaeyeon managed to grab back her present while the two exited the classroom.


 

They were sitting on the ground, back leaning against the wall. Heehyun put her head on the stone’s shoulder. “Caught before vacation, life .”

 

However she was still wondering who asked her out. Then, she heard the door opening. Their eyes widened when they saw her smiling. What the-

 

“Can I join you ?” the president shyly asked. Nayoung nodded without thinking twice, her mind was frozen.

 

“How… why are you here ?” she inquired. The girl sat beside her, her waist brushing hers slightly.

 

“I was feeling a little dizzy so…” she chuckled.

 

“Do you need to go to the infirmary ?” the stone asked with a little concern but Jieqiong shook her head.

 

“No need. I … just want to take fresh air...”

 

 

Heehyun had her own suspicion, she was for sure that the chinese was lying to them. Somehow, a thought cross her mind. Did she do it to see Nayoung ? No way, why a girl like her would do such thing. A nerd like her only know rules.


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter