Need A Hand

Lost Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*beep beep* *beep beep* *beep beep*

*tap*

Jun stretched his arm and tapped the alarm clock to stop it from emitting the maddening sound over and over again. He opened his eyes slowly and was met with a clear room. His white curtains let the 6:30 morning sunrays through and illuminate his view. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. He sat on his bed and stretched his arms before opening and closing his mouth for no reason. He turned his head towards the window “… what did I dream about? ...for the first time, I don't remember”

He got up and headed to the toilet while scratching his tummy. As he looked at himself in the mirror, he realized something “… I don’t have my usual eye bags… is it because I didn’t dream?”

He prepared himself and his stuff and when he saw his watch indicating 7am, he gasped “I still have to meet Mingyu”. He grabbed his bag and opened his mom’s room slowly. He peeked inside but could only see a figure lying on the bed. Unlike Jun, his mom had dark curtains so the light couldn’t get in easily. Seeing as she wasn't having trouble sleeping, he sighed then left the house.

Unlike the previous day, all the students walked calmly to school. Jun also didn’t rush. It was the giant that wanted to meet him so he just had to wait. The door leading to the basketball court was packed with girls. They were all peeking their head inside, admiring Mingyu’s form every time he threw a ball in the basket. “umm… may I pass?”

“can’t you see th—” the girl who responded suddenly became quiet when she turned her head and saw she was talking to the new guy. Jun looked at her with a raised eyebrow because she stayed frozen with opened. Soon, the girls next to her did the same. Jun looked left and right to see if anyone saw what had just happened and defend himself if someone accused him of something. “… may I know what you girls are doing here?”

A short girl with black socks reaching higher than her knees, answered “we’re admiring Kim Mingyu”

“… why?”

Another girl answered, this one with long hair almost reaching her knees “what do you mean why? Cause he’s handsome and popular”

Jun raised an eyebrow again and peeked inside to see Mingyu tossing balls at the net “… popular?”

Now all the girls gasped and attacked Jun, hugging his arms and leading him towards an empty hall bench. They made him sit down and made a circle around him “don’t you know?” asked a girl

“know what?”

“who the most popular guys are?”

Jun eyed every one of the girls silently because they were creeping him out “… ummm… no”

They gasped again and then grinned in a really, really, creepy way. Jun almost felt shiver down his spine.

“is it a crime if I don’t know?”

“OF COURSE!” they all answered simultaneously “but we’ll forgive you just because you’re hot and new”

Wha?!

“Number one most popular guy is Yoon Jeonghan oppa. He does not only look like a prince, but he also is a gentleman towards us, girls. Guys say he has a fool mouth though. What kills us is the fact that number two is in the same class as him. I’m jealous of the girls in the same class as those two angels. Anyway, number two is Hong Jisoo, we call him Joshua oppa since he came from America. Not only is he gorgeous, but he’s also a saint. Some girls tried to make moves on him but he refused, saying that those acts should be kept until marriage”

She stopped talking and suddenly all the girls giggled “we don’t find men like that anymore” and continued talking to each other. Jun thought he had found the opportunity to escape but when he moved a little bit to get up, they stopped him “where do you think you’re going?”

“…umm… haven’t we finished already?”

They gasped in exaggeration “no darling, we’re just getting started”

“the third one is Kim Mingyu. He is not only handsome, but he is so athletic. Even If he has rejected a lot of us girls, we still chase after him because he doesn’t avoid us after that. He truly keeps his words of staying friends. Then there’s The8. He’s Chinese like you and that’s not his real name of course. His accent is so cute and though he’s still a first year, he’s extremely y when he wushu someone's —”

The8? Wushu?

“--Finally, there’s, ah no. Wonwoo’s no longer in the list”

“wonwoo? Why? What’s wrong with him?”

The girls looked at him confused “finally interested in the conversation, I see. Well, as you could have probably noticed, Wonwoo is extremely handsome. But—”

“Jun!”

The girls were interrupted by a giant that came up to them with frown eyebrows “so this is why you didn’t come”

The ladies parted a way for Mingyu to pass and stand in front of Jun “you were flirting with the girls”

“n-no, I swear” huh? Why am I explaining

“I’ll forgive you this time since the bell hasn’t—”

*ding dong* *ding dong*

Mingyu gripped his fist and cursed under his breath “damn it”

He suddenly looked at Jun who had apologetic look “Class will start soon. Guess I’ll show you next time”

“show me what?”

Mingyu grinned “how good I am at Baskeball”

Suddenly, a teacher appeared and yelled at all of them so each one of them went to their respective class. Jun was surprised how many of the girls were in the same class as him. He sat in his place and period 1 started.

3rd period finished and Wonwoo immediately pulled out a book from his Backpack. Jun tried to take a peek of what the title said but a hand on his shoulder stopped him from doing that “Jun, let’s go”

It was S.Coups. He got on his feet with a regretful look on his face. He wanted to know what the title said because the cover looked so interesting, to read it online later. When he was about to move, he felt someone staring at him. It was not SCoups, and it was not Jaw. Suddenly, a guy came up to him “hey Junhui. A think someone is looking for you” he said while pointing at the door. They could see two eyes staring at them. Jun went up to the boy and to his shock, it was “Seungkwan?”

The boy opened his eyes wide “you memorized my name?!” he said with a wide smile

“we talked yesterday, didn’t we? Anyway, do you need someone from me? you’re creeping the whole class out” he explained while pointed at his classmates

“s-sorry. I… came to tell you I have basketball try out right now. Since this is all thanks to you…

“… ...?”

“… can you wish me good luck?”

Jun opened his eyes in shock. He was no expecting such a silly request. He smiled fondly, making his eyes look like half-moons, and ruffled the boy’s head “good luck”

The boy under his hand blushed and shyly bowed down before going away whispering “thank you”

Jun was left standing by the class door and was soon accompanied by the president “what was that for”

“oh nothing. Just… being a good sunbae”

SCoups looked at him with a confused look but then placed his arm around Jun’s neck “Whatever. Anyway, let’s go. I’m hungry and knowing this school, the first years will probably devour the entire cafeteria”

Jun stopped in his place “ah… sorry. I actually have somewhere I want to go”

“oh! Should I accompany you?”

Jun took the arm out “n-no. You don’t have to. I’ll go by myself. You go and eat”

“but—”

“I said no” Jun laughed as he stepped away from his friend while waving at the disappointed face.

The transfer student walked in the halls looking at each room he passed by. He stopped when he found the one he was looking for. He opened the door and entered. To the right side of the room was placed a studio piano. “I knew the school would have a music room. Music is a must”

He approached the instrument and caressed it. He slowly sat down on the piano chair and lift the keyboard cover. “how long has it been since I last played the piano?” he asked himself.

He slowly placed his fingers on the keyboard and pressed the notes as he closed his eyes. The very first chords it emitted made him forget he was the one playing the piano. He felt as if he was only listening to the melody since he didn’t feel his fingers. They were moving alone. His body felt like it was floating in a melody cloud he didn’t even know the name of. He remembered his mother always singing it to him when he was young but never knew the name of it. Suddenly, a noise woke him from his dream. He pressed the wrong notes and made a strange sound when he was startled by a guy staring at him.

The guy bowed down “I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to interrupt”

He was petit, really petit. Jun quickly stood up “n-no. I should be the one apologizing. I touched the piano without permission”

The petit boy scratched his head “it’s ok. The piano is the property of the school, so anyone can touch it. I really didn’t mean to interrupt. It’s just that when I was about to open the door, I heard a really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter