The Weirdo at the Common Room

The Boy of My Dreams (On-Hold)

"I think you and that dude in the common room would be great friends."

"Who?"

"See Wonwoo, if you were nice to me like before, I'd say who."

"Do you even know who?"

"..."

There are many questions that Jun wants to ask people.

Currently, it includes 'who can I ask for the bio assignment?', 'is Soonyoung still alive?' and 'who the hell is that k-drama maniac in the common room?'

 

----------- THIRD PERSON ----------

 

"I love you," his vision was blurry as he tried to hold Woohyun's hand. His body was near to passing out and his face was burning red, yet his smile was so pure. "I love love you Woohyun-ah," he managed to say with eyes practically reflecting his lover's face.

"Well y'all!!" And while the main characters continue to be in each other's arms, pop corn was thrown multiple times at a TV that the cursing person didn't even own.

This was the sight Jun came across whenever he passed by the common TV room on a Friday. Every. ing. Friday. As for who the person was, how could he know when the guy practically makes out with a throw pillow whenever he walks by?

He sometimes thought if it would be good to actually have the guts to come up to the guy and ask him why he harasses the poor flat screen, but the guy cleans it all up anyway. It’s all fine, right?

After a few seconds of watching the great breakdown of the k-drama lover, Junhui decides to leave and look for someone to help with his Bio assignment.

“Hi Jun!” Mingyu greets the boy as they meet at the entrance of the dorms. An idea pops up for the boy.

“Hey Mingyu!” A smile with small talk ensued with the two before he brought up the idea.

“Did you start on the Bio homework yet?”

“I actually planned on just asking Minghao about it,” he answered. The boy mentally reminds himself not to have his eyes widen too much, focusing on asking another question.

“How about you just interview Wonwoo? Then I can go to Minghao?” Mingyu wasn’t sure if his friend’s eyebrows were wiggling or it was just dizziness from staring randomly earlier.

“I guess so,” he mumbled.

“In that way, technically we’re asking people new to us — plus you can do it while doing your history thing!”

“Yeah sure,” the boy finally agreed. “Do you wanna come with me? I was gonna go to Hao for the homework actually...”

“Nah, I’ll just talk to him next time,” Junhui waved off. Soon enough, the two gave their goodbyes and went on to their own ways. One off to find his best friend and get praised for helping them have another reason to meet up, and the other to his best friend and his love-hate relationship with a TV.

“Hey Hao, have you ever met Junhui?”

 

-------------

 

"I don't know if I want to strangle or hug you right now," Wonwoo says with squinted eyes. Junhui simply shrugged, feeling accomplished of the successful plan. 

If you ask Wonwoo what happened, he would say that his History partner asked him if he could be interviewed for a Biology assignment later. However, if you ask his oh-so-accomplished pal the same question, he would detailedly explain the many feelings Wonwoo attempted to conceal at every word Mingyu gave directly to the love-struck boy. He would make sure to strart from the moment Wonwoo nearly choked on his rice when he heard his name called out by the one and only.

Also, Junhui's answer would've gotten him kicked out and away to his next class, courtesy of Jeon Wonwoo.

"Jiwon used to do that too," a gloomy Hanbin commented. 

"He would strangle you?"

"He would squint while looking around," he clarified. "Even if I always asked him how would that help his horrible eyesight!"

"Woah, are you missing him or dissing?" Junhui asked.

"I don't even know anymore," he sighed. The boy then went back to sulking with his face planted on the lunch table, not minding his hair resting on top of his untouched soup bowl.

"So Jun," Wonwoo turned back to his more upbeat friend. "When do you plan to interview Minghao?"

"Honestly, no idea." Jun continued, "I just knew I needed to get your Mingyu to notice you."

"Mingyu noticed Wonwoo?" Soonyoung asked as he, Seungkwan, and Junhoe sat down. "Is this a different one?"

"Different in Wonwoo's reactions? No. Why Mingyu was here? Yes." 

"Let me guess," Seungkwan started. "Did he do any of the following?"

Next came a bunch of facial expressions so contorted Wonwoo didn't even know where to hit him.

"All of the above," Jun answered. "All," he repeated.

"What about this one?" Junhoe asked while poking his downcasted friend.

"Oh, Jiwon has been talking to Hanbin, but only about the History paper." Wonwoo said.

"I asked him how his day was," Hanbin said as he looked up at his friends. "His reply was 'How about we focus on the paper?"

"No," Wonwoo interjected. "It was more like this," he glared at Hanbin and rolled his eyes, "Let's focus on the paper." The overreaction did cause laughter among the friends, but Hanbin seriously wondered if his memory was incorrect for a moment. However, remembering these are his friends, he simply rolls his eyes and moves on.

"How about Soonyoung's Bio assignment, hm?" Jun moved the attention to said friend. "How was talking to the Jihoon? Did you ask for mercy or something?"

"How about you Jun? We haven't heard anything about your stuff?" The other retaliated.

"He's not wrong," Junhoe nodded. "Ooh I know! Have you figured out who the k-drama lover is?"

Jun was pretty baffled to see Soonyoung now stare at him with the same look he just gave a few minutes ago. He wasn't entirely sure what to tell them: he had absolutely no clue as to who the boy was, not even a general assumption.

"Well, he watched a really dumb drama today. The main character said it was better to just let him die instead of just calling the ambulance, like... Why? The guy literally had a phone open and !"

"Oh! Blinded! Mingyu recommended it to me before," Wonwoo said. "Apparently Jeonghan suggested it, and now all his friends love it."

"I'm sorry for ting on your Mingyu's k-drama taste," punch. "B-but look at you two sharing things!" 

"Before we know it we'll be standing at Wonwoo's side while they share their vows- ow!" Seungkwan continued, only to get the same fate as Jun.

"Maybe this is a hint Jun, he might be one of Mingyu's friends." Junhoe suggested.

"Eh."

 

-----------------

 


"I don't think I'm gonna see him again, I already saw him earlier," Jun said.

"You never know! With me here, we can finally find out who this mystery guy really is!" Seungkwan assured.

Classes were over for the day and Seungkwan decided to help a brother out and end all this confusion. It is pretty odd to find his friend hung up over a stranger with weird hobbies, but Seungkwan thought he could just ask about that some other time. He found it weird in the first place that Jun hasn't confronted the person for weeks; it would've made sense if his friend was the timid type, but this was Jun.

"See, there's someone inside." Seungkwan pointed at the person resting on the sofa with a throw pillow.

"Maybe it's-"

"Hey!" The boy didn't waste time on his friend's second thoughts, knocking on the opened door to make himself noticeable.

"Jeonghan?"

Although Jun truly had no assumptions of who the addict could be, he would be lying if he said he believes it could be the boy Seungkwan just called out. Jeonghan, the walking juxtaposition as many may consider him as; the student that is either captain or a key player in all three sports he participates in, but is also the student that you would see trying to sleep at every moment he can get. The guy that Jisoo would be wary of considering Seokmin's long history with him (Seokmin pokes fun at this from time to time, but then pouts at how his best friend and boyfriend got along so easily). Most of all, Jeonghan was the guy that was well known for giving great relationship advice while proudly wearing his 'relationship ' of a heart on his sleeve.

Jun just knows it can't be Jeonghan. It's his gut feeling.

That and he passed by the guy getting what the coach screamed was his 5th goal, only 10 minutes after passing by the common room's special resident.

But just to be dramatic, he'll continue with that gut feeling.

"Watching Blinded I see?" Seungkwan asks while also trying to nudge Jun at the side.

"Yeah, Mingyu told me this episode was supposed to be a real pain." Jeonghan said. "Wanna watch?"

Although Jun was ready to decline, his best friend was still eager, immediately pushing him to sit next to Jeonghan. "Sure!"

"So just a summary so far, the company blacklisted Woohyun and made sure it would be known publicly. Sunggyu being the love-struck employee risked his own protection to tell Woohyun the truth about the company, and now they're hunting the guy for breaking the rules and stuff." Unbeknownst to Jun, who is actually staring intently at the screen, Seungkwan was trying to hold in a squeal as Jeonghan naturally puts an arm up, nearly resting it on Jun's shoulder.

Seungkwan genuinely didn't understand why he reacted this way. Has Jun been too single for too long? He continued his wonders while the two watch the drama.

"I love you," his vision was blurry as he tried to hold Woohyun's hand.

"Wait a minute," Jun mumbled.

"I love love you Woohyun-ah," he managed to say with eyes practically reflecting his lover's face.

The boy turned to Jeonghan to see him tearing up. Jeonghan's eyes were only watery yet the rest of his face resembled one that cried for 5 hours.

" I didn't expect this," the teary-eyed student said. "Don't listen to him Woohyun-ah come on!"

It was then Jun realized.

The throw pillow didn't cover the boy's face anymore.

There was not a piece of popcorn thrown at the screen.

Jeonghan was not cursing at the main characters.

Hell, it didn't even look like Jeonghan watched this episode earlier.

Jun could have only reached a conclusion faster had Jeonghan voiced out one more thought.

No wonder Minghao hated it.

 


i didn't even notice i didnt update for a whole year?? i'm so unorganized i swear--

Anywhoo here y'all go, I believe we have finally reached the end of the first cycle (tbh idk i might feel like just adding smth next time)

Till next time! Happy New Year everyone!

I think my resolution shall be remembering to update more. hm.