Reflection

The Boy of My Dreams (On-Hold)

"Dying is easy young man, living is harder."

"Since when did you speak english Ji?"

In which Jihoon's current addiction is Hamilton and his friends are quite amused. Especially with his favorite song.

 

---------- S E U N G C H E O L ----------

"You got to hand it to him though, his pronunciation's a lot better thanks to it." I nodded as the rest of us continue to amusedly look at a certain person's antics with a piano.

It's been a few weeks since the start of school yet the teachers have already become lenient towards us, especially in music class. So here we were, doing whatever first thing in the morning. I'm guessing the reason why we don't have a substitute is either 'cause the school forgot to or the one they sent didn't care to attend. But for the sake of school image I'm hoping it's neither.

"I saved all the letters you wrote me..."

"Oh I love this song!" Jisoo said and went over to Jihoon, singing along with him.

"Josh was the one who introduced the musical to Ji right?" Jeonghan had a long look at the two Hamilton fans before facing me with his question. It's okay Han, you can handle it. 

"Yeah," I answered. I sighed and laid my head flat on my table. Jeonghan did the same; we looked at each other in boredom before he sighed and hid his face, probably to sleep. I tried following, but the noise around made it difficult.

"You forfeit the right to my heart-"

Well I'm wide awake.

And it seems the high note caught the attention of the others who were now silent, all in awe of the one practically singing his heart out. Well, he caught the attention of most of them, the ones at the back were still occupied in their own conversations. 

"You sleep in your office instead!"

"What does folfit mean?"

As you have noticed Lee Jihoon has fallen in love with a musical about American men who lived around 3 centuries ago. Jisoo introduced it to all of us actually, but it was only the small bean who really took it in and became a fan.

Don't get me wrong, the musical looks amazing from what I was introduced. It's just that, for me, I wanted to see the whole thing before getting engrossed in the songs. But it was hard to find a video, let alone one with subs. Thanks to the the fan duo though, the songs still got stuck in my head. But because I didn't understand like ninety-percent of the lyrics, the songs were practically instrumentals when I hum it to myself.

"I hope that you... Burn..."

"Damn." One of our classmates comments. Only then did Jihoon finally notice the attention he had and tried shooing it off, complaining of random things to shift everyone to another subject. I turned a bit and saw Jeonghan still asleep. Kinda amazing how he still hasn't woken up/

"Maybe I should listen to the lyrics myself..." I mumbled, taking out my phone. I looked up to the duo to ask a question.

"Jihooniee~" I called.

"What?"

"What's your favorite song from Hamilton?"

"Hmmm... I guess Helpless?"

"Oho?" Jisoo interjected. I diverted over to him, who was now walking over to me. That left the shorter alone to continue humming the whole musical.

"Ohoho?" I said and raised an eyebrow.

"You don't know the song do you?"

"Nope, was just about to search it." I pointed to my phone.

"Search for the translation too," he advised.

I searched for the lyrics and found them, but I couldn't seem to find one with its translation. I told Jisoo the problem and he sighed. He then sat on his seat in front of me, taking the phone out of my hands.

"There you go." He said after a few taps on my phone. I took back my phone, surprised to see the translation I was looking for.

"You got me feeling so helpless..." I try to read it, immediately scanning the translation of the line after.

"Look into your eyes and the sky's the limit~" Jisoo continued.

I cooed a bit after reading the whole chorus. I found a video of the song at the bottom and took my earphones to take a listen to it.

"It's a nice song," I said, "the voices are amazing..."

"But what was up with your oho?" I asked. When I looked up to face the other I got a bit startled to see him smiling like an idiot. "Uh, Jisoo?"

"Why don't you ask him what's his favorite part in the song?" He told me with the idiot smile still plastered on his face.

"Okay..."

"Jihoon!" I shouted, seeing that he was using headphones. He was obviously pissed to be disturbed when he turned around - oops.

"What's your favorite part in Helpless?" Luckily, his expression changed brightly as he smiled as idiotically as his Hamilton friend.

"I just love the chorus! Elizah's lovesickness is so adorable you know?! You should definitely-"

"I'm planning to listen to the whole soundtrack, don't worry." I cut him short. He giddily nodded and went back to whatever he was busy with earlier. Now it is just illegal to be that adorable.

"Well that was kinda amusing." I commented.

"He said his favorite was the chorus right?"

"Yeah"

"And you know how Jihoon usually picks his favorite songs right?"

"Yeah, they usually reflect on how he..." My eyes widened in realization "feels."

"Could it be?" I asked Jisoo to which he nodded frantically.

"I don't know who though..." He said dejectedly.

"I think I have an idea..." I placed my hands on both sides of his face and moved his head to the right. We both looked at the boy who seemed to be in a heated argument with two other people.

"Does Jihoon even know him though?"

"You have no idea." 

 

Helpless

Look into your eyes and the sky's the limit

I'm helpless

Down for the count and I'm drowning in 'em

 


Notes:
- The quote from the very top is from "Right Hand Man", which is from of course Hamilton
- If you still didn't get why Seungcheol said 'well I'm wide awake', Jihoon was singing a high note *vv shookt*
- I've just recently got into Hamilton (no regrets obv)
- Here we have the traditional Seungcheol in Soonhoon fic (cause y not)
- Now that I looked up the specific definition of one-shot, i'm just lost on what to call this book
oh well

Labyall and thanks for reading~