Floors

The Boy of My Dreams (On-Hold)

"I didn't do no nothing"

"I'm gonna have to talk with this 'Cheol' when you get sober..."

"We'll also have to work on your word usage. Too much redundancy"

In which Seungkwan gets an interesting new friend.

 

---------- S E U N G K W A N ----------

"I told you, it's destiny." I grinned at Soonyoung, who was currently trudging while we went to our next subject: Science. It was one of the few classes we had together.

School has been going okay for us so far, I have a new teacher for maths (Calculus has become a bit more worthwhile now), made some new friends... Most importantly, I have a new thing to tease Soonyoung with.

Ever since he told me what happened on his first day in music class I've been nudging - and sometimes dramatically coughing - whenever we came across something related to his guitar boy or guitar boy himself. I've met him personally and I have to agree... He is tiny.

But after being told by Wonwoo that he's seen that same tiny person nearly swung a guitar at someone twice his size, as well as remembering the many times Soonyoung said how he ends up dreaming of the same situation happening to him, I'm both amazed and afraid, as well as sure that I do not plan on teasing him when near throwable objects.

"Ugh," he groans, continuing to trudge until we reached the classroom.

"I see our Soonyoungie still hasn't grasped the situation of meeting Jihoon." We heard Junhui say as we walked to our seats.

"Are you sure you don't like him-"

"No!" Soonyoung shouted all of a sudden. The rest of the class just stared at him for a few seconds, returning to what they were busy with in the first place after.

"Defensive," I heard Junhui mumble.

"Could it be?" I gasped dramatically, "you still like Seokmin?"

"Hey!" He hit my shoulder.

"Oi, he's moving on," Junhui said.

"I'm already over him!" Soonyoung grumbled like a child, he even crossed his arms to complete the picture.

Seokmin was Soonyoung's crush for the longest time, about 2 years actually. Luckily, he started getting over him before Jisoo started dating Seokmin, or else that one-sided crush might have hurt him even more that it should. We knew he was over him, it was just fun to once in a while, especially after how lovesick he looked when he first started liking the other. He even used to give roses every week anonymously, it was adorable!

"It's okay, he has Jihoon now," I teased. He was about to talk back but the teacher came, dropping his books loudly to catch the attention of the other students.

-------

"Okay then; the weekly assignment is on the board, deadline's Monday. As usual, I'll be checking your works first thing next week."

The teacher dismissed us and left the classroom. As if on cue, the bell rung and we started standing up, a lot of us picturing the assignment written on the board before leaving the class. Junhui and I were the last two to leave as Soonyoung had to run back to his dorm, forgetting to bring his assignment for his next class. Since we were the last ones anyway, I took time to read what was on the board before taking a picture of it.

"Sir Kim's getting a lot more creative with the assignments now." I sighed.

"I'm guessing someone complained about how boring his classes were," he said. He raised an eyebrow at me, as if he was indicating that I had something to do with this.

"Hey, I only complain about Math being boring," I defended.

"If not you, there's only one other person..."

"Mark," we said in unison. We then walked to the Arts building together as Junhui had Music next and I had Arts.

"Who will you write about?" I asked, referring to the assignment given.

"Hmm... I could choose Seungcheol," he pondered, "but I'm thinking about Mingyu's new friend..."

"Minghao?"

"Yeah."

"I wonder who Soonyoung will pick."

"I feel like he won't even know what the homework is until we tell him," Jun laughed.

"He won't!" My eyes widened in realization.

"I kinda just said that?"

"I'm just thinking..." I put my arm over his shoulder, signalling him to stop walking first.

"How about we 'help' Soonyoung with his homework?"

He easily agreed to the plan. I was about to tell him what I was thinking on but the bell rung so we parted to our respective classes, waving goodbye before entering the rooms.

"I see we're all complete now." I got a bit startled to see our teacher readily present, along with the rest of the class. It was weird since usually it was either some classmates haven't arrived, or our teacher was held back to do a last-minute job.

"Since you're the last to arrive Seungkwan, you can just pair up with Hansol over there." Ms. Jung, our arts teacher, told me while pointing at the empty seat. I was confused as I walked there; I couldn't see my partner with the canvas covering his face, and I still couldn't see after noticing he had a face mask on him.

"Hi," I greeted, "I'm Seungkwan - wait, you already knew that..." He responded with a small nod, not taking his eyes off the blank canvas.

"Now, the reason why everyone's in pairs is because in today's lesson, y'all will be focusing on each other's traits and how you can portray that in the canvas in front of you."

I turned to my partner who didn't bother moving to see the teacher's face, instead he stayed still and seemed to have a staring contest with the canvas.

"Of course you can choose any style you're comfortable with or whatever you think seems compatible, whether you choose to portray your partner's physical features with a realistic work, or perhaps you want to go to a more abstract work to show your partner's personality. Just remember that this reflects how you think about your partner - even cartoons are fine! Anyway, you can get started with your works. If anyone needs help just raise your hand."

I was still looking at him when he turned to me, probably flinching 'cause he didn't expect me to already be staring.

"So, tell me 'bout yourself."

--------

Classes were finally finished so I started skipping back to the dorms. I couldn't concentrate after Art class as all I wanted to do was start the plan's details and share it to Jun right away.

"Hi Mingyu! Minghao!" I greeted the pair after noticing them hanging out with some other people I'm not familiar with in the Common TV room. They waved back and I smiled before going to the elevator.

I reached the 5th floor and stepped out the elevator, continuing the skipping till I reached my room.

"Why won't it open!" I heard someone slur when I was close to my room. I chuckled and was about to ask if he needed help, but that was before I looked at the door number.

"That's my room!" The man jumped at my exclamation and looked behind to see me.

I could tell he wasn't sober the moment he picked my hand up and said 'this plushie speaks!'

Drunk state aside, he's kinda cute. 

"Are you an angel?"

"Am I what?"

"Help me angel! I can't open my room!" He started sobbing - now what the actual ? "Is it because I ate too much chocolates? Am I being punished?" 

"Boy you're drunk-" I try to hold his shoulders so I could move him away from my place. 

"But the chocolates Cheol gave were so good!"

Who the is Cheol and why did he think he could leave this kid like this? Anyways, let's focus on getting him out. "Okay then you-"

"And now because I ate sin chocolate I can't go in my room? How can I store this painting!" He whined and held up the painting. My eyes widened after looking at the familiar work, with an even more familiar face.

"I worked so hard to show how pretty he is Angel! Please don't banish me from my room!" He pleaded. "I won't eat sin chocolate again!"

"Hansol?"

 


Notes:
- story time: i was actually searching for a kpop idol that loved or majored in Science, but I first found that Mark (NCT) least fav subject was science instead. Then I got lazy to search more and just put him there  Is it true? who knows lol
- really though - what do you even call this type of book? the format is like the ones on those disney shows *different situation each episode but is connected*, I don't know if this is a chaptered fic cause usually those fics are like k-dramas *each episode is directly linked with each other*. 
-
school is near; survival is vital and hopefully accessible

Anyways, thanks for reading~ Labyall~