The Boy of My Dreams

The Boy of My Dreams (On-Hold)

"He's cute though, right?"

"He was before the guitar came in the picture."

In which Soonyoung keeps a streak of surviving from the wrath of the small bean. 

 

---------- S O O N Y O U N G ----------

 

"Get back here!" He shouted and started running after me, the guitar held up high as I ran to save my dear self.

"Thank heavens..." I mumbled, sitting up. I looked around to check if I really was awake. Again, thank heavens.

I don't even understand how I got into this repeated nightmare honestly. I dreamt of the same boy everyday I could recognize his features a mile away; it would be hell if I ever met him in real life. 

The whole vacation was a blur thanks to those dreams, with the exception of a few hangouts. Because of the repetitive dreams I even remember the look of the guitar he always runs with, it was a black acoustic guitar with a slightly glossy finish on the part with the hole - as you can tell instruments aren't really my specialty - there was even a small engraving of the letter W on the edges; that wouldn't so noticeable though until your face would be inches away from getting hit by it. And boy do I know it.

It's a bit disappointing though; the person himself looked harmless, he even had pink fluffy hair! Why do the angelic-looking ones always become the devil?

To be honest, he's really adorable. There was the hair, then his smile (before he turns into your nightmare), even his height was adorable. I remember looking at him from afar when I first noticed him, he was asleep with a pout as he held his guitar. I wanted to take a closer look out of curiosity...

And before I knew it everything turned red and I had to play temple run with a tiny gorilla.

After saying my small thanks, I picked up my phone to check the time, relieved to see that I had lots of to spare. There was this one time where 'the chase' took so long that I ended up running to class with shorts and a shirt with dried up drool (maybe even sweat). Luckily the stains weren't noticeable.

I stood up from my bed with my phone still in my hands, walking towards my cabinet.

Time to start a new semester.

----------

"Morning!" I heard Seungkwan, my dorm neighbor and best friend, greet. I greeted him back after locking my room and we both started walking to the academic buildings for our classes.

"You survived today?" He asked.

"Yup," I said. We then moved on to the good ol' talks about anything and everything.

Seungkwan is the only one that I tell these dreams about; he found it amusing and didn't mind listening to it.

A great friend, I know.

He loved teasing me about it, saying how it was 'destiny' and this was some sort of sign. I would've agreed if it actually made sense to me, but of course, it absolutely does not.

"What're you taking first today?"

"Lemme check," I pulled out my phone.

"One day, you'll actually memorize your schedule," he sighed.

"Eh." I waved it off while focusing on a picture of my schedule.

"Oh, it's music."

"Lucky you, I got Calculus first."

"Why are you complaining? Dammit you're a math genius!" I smacked his shoulder slightly, weirded out by his personality.

"That's the point! It's not challenging enough!" He whined dramatically. Of course he continues without care about the people judging him, it's just Seungkwan being Seungkwan.

"Well cut your bull, this is my stop." I pointed at the arts building that was only a few steps away, waved goodbye and went on a separate way.

I walked closer and closer and started wondering if there would be any changes. Would the teacher suddenly change? Will some students transfer to or from the class?

I would ask if I'd survive but, not to be cocky, I know I will. I mastered the art of passing ever since junior high.

Just passing of course, I'm no miracle worker.

"Oi!" I called out when I noticed familiar faces. They turned around and waved back, Jun specifically patting on a free seat for me. Huh?

"Okay, what's going on?" I asked after sitting down.

"Cough cough, Wonwoo has a crush, cough cough." Jun said oh so discreetly, getting a slap from the other in response.

"Aw, time passes by so fast. Our Wonnie has a crush now!" Of course, because I love my dear friend so much, I just had to say it in the most dramatic voice I have. "Who is it though?"

"Oh, it's - okay, sorry - the secret of Wonwoo. Yeah," Jun ended up placing his hand near the side of his stomach while blabbering about 'his Wonwoo betraying him', something like that.

"Eh, I'll find out somehow." I grinned, amused to see Wonwoo blushing. We waited for the rest of the class to fill in and for it to start, taking in the differences of the room this semester.

There were a lot more transferees than I thought; they might even outweigh the students who stayed here.

"." I said aloud. The two looked at me, both with raised eyebrows. "What's your problem?"

He entered the room while laughing at some guy's gums. Just like how I dreamt, he had the same pink fluffy hair, the same adorable smile, the same height; he was even carrying a guitar case.

"!" I kept slipping the word as I didn't know how to grasp the situation. Slowly moving down from my seat, I try to find a way to handle what's going on

"Soonyoung I told you drugs aren't good for you."

He and his friend sat at the front row. My nightmare opened the case and I sighed of relief seeing a different guitar being taken out of the bag.

" yes," I mumbled. I slowly creeped up my seat again.

"Did Kwan feed him again?"

"Hey look," my attention went back to Jun and Wonwoo, "they put some new instruments here!"

The three of us took a look at the new instruments, even if we barely knew much about them. My eyes widened at the guitar section.

"Oh ," I mumbled.

One of the new guitars was exactly as I imagined. It was black and had a glossy finish. There was even the same W at the edge! Though the letter here was carved in cursive...

"Why are you so addicted to ?" Jun asked.

"Maybe Seungkwan really did feed him."

I smiled again after realizing he couldn't possibly want the guitar when he already had brought his own. Walking back to my seat, I glanced over at the front row.

"Well ."

"So do we call him young now or...?"

The guitar he held was now in his friends hands and walked to the classroom's instruments.

"Hide me," I told my friends. "," I mumbled some more.

"Okay but really, you could use much better cuss words," Wonwoo sighed.

"I'm disappointed," Junhui sighed as well.

"Just help me my ing nightmare is here!" I couldn't help but shout. The classroom was noisy anyways, you could use a megaphone and it'll still be overpowered.

"There we go, a different cuss word." The two simply clapped at me, as if I wasn't clinging onto the legs of my table. How rude.

"We'll get you better food later, you need it."

"You're still paying for it though."

I rolled my eyes before returning to carefully observing my nightmare picking up that one guitar. Out of all 10 guitars, he just had to pick that one.

"Hey."

Dear deities up above...

"Oh, uh... Hi?"

Please spare me.

 


 

So this is the product of when I'm stuck in a car for like 7 hours we were just travelling for a long time if ur worried. Surprisingly, it's quite decent.

I actually have a few ideas on this story, do you think I should continue it? Or is it better just as a one-shot? 
EDIT: So I decided that I'll continue this, but this will be more like a group of one-shots. So like, there won't be a concrete storyline, but all of the one-shots are in the same AU. so yeh

edit edit: so they're called drabbles?

Thanks for reading and labyall~~