Chapter 11

New Girls on the Block
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

It was a nice school afternoon and Eunjung was putting away her school books in her locker when her crush was walking by. “Hwayoung!” Eunjung waved at her with a bright smile on her face.

“Eunjung!” Hwayoung ran up to her cheerfully, “How have you been doing, baby?” She had a smirk on her face. She wanted to beat Eunjung up for fun right then and there but something else was stopping her. She felt a pounding in her chest that she didn’t understand.

“Do you think you want to go for lunch again?” Eunjung smiled. Hwayoung could see the bruises all over the girls face and body. She felt guilt for hurting a girl who liked her, even when it was her intention in the first place. Scanning Eunjung’s body, she saw bruises on her elbows. “Wait, I didn’t give her that…” Hwayoung thought.

“Who did that to do you?” Hwayoung pointed at the bruised elbows. She felt angry that someone else would have the nerve to pick on her target. She didn’t know why she was feeling so protective of this girl.

“Um it’s nothing,” Eunjung waved her hands.

“Tell me Eunjung,” Hwayoung looked into her eyes, forcing her to look to the side.

“Well, Areum just pushed me a little and I fell…” Eunjung admitted softly.

“I’ll teach her a lesson,” Hwayoung clenched her fists.

“Wait, don’t go, it’s okay,” Eunjung hugged Hwayoung’s arm. Then Hwayoung did something

unexpected, she held Eunjung in a hug, for a moment, their heartbeats matched each other,

“I’ve thought about what you said…but just wait for me a bit longer…” Hwayoung whispered. She

didn’t know if she could tell Eunjung that she would date her yet or not. Her heart wasn’t

made up.

_____

“Areum!!!” Hwayoung yelled. The gang was back together again, hanging out at Qri’s house. Areum sat down on the couch with her palms over her face. She was still feeling tremendous guilt from beating up Dani.

“What do you want Hwayoung…” Areum said softly without looking at her.

Hwayoung angrily grabbed Areum by the collar, and saw the tears running down her face. “Why are you crying? I didn’t even beat you up yet!”

“Yah Hwayoung!” Qri entered the room and yelled angrily, “Leave her alone! She’s not feeling well.”

“Did you hurt Eunjung!” Hwayoung ignored Qri and continued to interrogate Areum. Qri ran up to them and pulled them apart, hugging Areum, who seemed nearly emotionless and lost in her own world.

“Stop it!” Qri stared at Hwayoung. Just them, Soyeon entered the room as well. She too, was angry with Hwayoung.

“Why does it matter to you if Eunjung is hurt or not?” Soyeon interrupted, “It’s not because she’s your target, is it? Is there something more?”

“Stay out of this Soyeon,” Hwayoung now redirected her anger, “You don’t know anything!”

“What’s going on?” Boss leader Jiyeon had joined the room now, she accidently pushed Soyeon while walking in the hallway, causing Soyeon to crash into Hwayoung.

“Yah, get off me!” Hwayoung pushed Soyeon off. Soyeon was dazzed a bit but got back to her senses and climbed on top of Hwayoung again, trying to pin her to the ground.

Hwayoung rolled over and reversed the position, pinning both Soyeon’s arms the ground. “You don’t know what’s best for Eunjung!” Soyeon yelled, she slipped one of her wrists out and managed to punch Hwayoung’s cheek.

“Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter