Chapter 5

Hidden Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

Jiyeon’s past: 18 years ago

“My Lady,” A dark knight knelt down in front of the Queen of Darkness, “The prophet wishes to speak to you.”

“Let him in,” The Queen motioned. The doors to the castle opened, a dark-hooded figure in a cloak walked in, followed two more hooded figures on each side.

“Your highness,” The prophet spoke, “I’ve had a vision of the destruction of the Darkness Kingdom.”

“What?! That’s not possible,” The Queen was shocked, “How can we prevent this?”

“It has been determined by the stars, a child has been born in the Light Kingdom,” The prophet stated, “This child will grow to become the strongest light warrior in history, strong enough to destroy our kingdom for good.”

“This cannot happen,” The Queen raised her hand and several knights arrived at her call. “Find this child and put a stop to this.” And with that, the knights bowed and left immediately into the shadows.

Eunjung’s House

“Eunjung! Hide inside,” Her father instructed as her mother closed the blinds. Strange noises could be heard from outside. Suddenly the shadows within their house grew longer and slowly became portals for the darkness knights to get in.

“No!” Eunjung’s mother screamed, a knight grasped her newborn child. She pulled the baby back to her and used her light powers to blast one of the knights to the side.

“How did you get inside!?” Her father yelled at the dark knights. He created a force field of light around his family. The knights were too strong when they combined their strengths, their overpowering darkness collapsed the force field of light.

“What do you want!” Five year old Eunjung kicked a dark knight. “Don’t touch my little sister!” The dark knights all retreated back a few feet. They encircled the family. Eunjung’s mother held onto the baby tightly. Her father grabbed her and pulled her in closely, “Eunjung! Be careful, I told you to hide!”

The knights dropped a smoke bomb which shrouded everything into darkness. Eunjung’s family was now fighting in a territory unknown. They didn’t know where the knights would strike next. Eunjung carefully looked into the darkness, she noticed a shadow coming really close to her mother and little sister.

“Nooo!” Eunjung’s mother yelled, the knight took hold of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter