Chapter 1

Hidden Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

"Princess Soyeon," A guard had arrived bearing news from the battlefield, "I'm afraid your parents were killed during the ambush. I am sorry your highness." He knelt down to her in respect.

"W-what?" Soyeon felt a tear slide down her cheek. "That can't be true! Don't lie to me!" She shouted. She was a tough girl of fourteen years of age. Amidst a war between two kingdoms, it was very difficult living her daily life. "What am I supposed to do now!?" Soyeon ran off crying. She bumped into her best friend.

Eight year old Jiyeon was surprised, "Unnie! Are you okay?"

Soyeon sniffed, "No...my parents..they're gone." Jiyeon hugged her, "It's going to be okay, I'll always be here for you Soyeon-unnie. I never had parents of my own...but if I did, you would be part of my family for sure."

“Thank you Jiyeon,” Soyeon wiped her eyes with one arm.

“Don’t cry Soyeon, don’t listen to what others say, just live like there is no tomorrow.” Jiyeon smiled. Although she was now without parents and her world was crashing down on her, Soyeon could always find comfort in her best friend.
_____
10 years later

A stream of light shone brightly through the cracks of the blinds, hitting Soyeon's face. She blinked, wincing as the light hit her unadjusted eyes. Soyeon yawned and stretched, getting out of her luxurious bed.

"My lady," A servant bowed, he held a platter with a golden box on it.

"Ah thank you," Soyeon gave much unnecessary kindness, she opened the box and took out a golden tiara and placed it on her head. She walked over to her window and opened the blinds.

"Another great day of being Queen!" Soyeon laughed out loud. Her servant came up behind her and helped her into her royal black dress.
_____
"Do you dare go against the mighty Jiyeon?!" Jiyeon yelled as she charged blindly into the battlefield, her blonde hair swooshed alongside her as she swung her sword randomly. She wore a red and silver battle suit.

"Aigoo..." A commander beside her saw her hopelessness, she was swinging in all the wrong places, "Jiyeon! Go after the others down at the West battlefield!"

"Uh yes sir!" Jiyeon stopped her wild swinging

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter