Manly

From The Moment I Met You

For Wonwoo, reading was more than just a hobby, it was a habit. There was never a time for him that he didn't  thought of a good book to read. It was a daily basis for him. Every night, when he had already finished reviewing and doing his home works, he would read a few chapters of a book he's currently reading before going to bed. He did this until he finishes a book and finds another one to read. His Mom told him that this may be the reason why his eyesight got bad. But he disagreed. He reads with the lights on and a fair distance between the book and his eyes so he didn't really get why his Mom would say such thing.

 

His Fridays were fully dedicated to reading. When everyone else thanks that it's Friday because it's already the weekend the next day, we can have Wonwoo screaming 'TGIF' because he can finally read books for a good amount of time. He also loves reading on Fridays because these are the times when there weren't much of students in the library compared to other weekdays. He figured they were out of their dorms to hang out with their friends after a very long and stressful week. They deserved it. Everyone deserved it. And Wonwoo knows he deserve it too. But he wants better. He's the type of guy who enjoys being serene in his own realm rather than to be outside  and be with people and a loud and metal music banging his ears.

 

He's an introvert. And he can admit that by himself. He never had much friends aside from Seungcheol, Soonyoung, Jihoon (who is obviously an introvert too) and Hansol. He was contented with the bunch of the guys he's been with so never really asked for more.

 

Wonwoo is the type of person who can do it either when he's with someone or when he's all alone. So going to the campus' library by himself was never really a problem for him. He scrolled though the shelves until he decided to pick the "The Essential Neruda: Selected Poems" by Pablo Neruda. The library has several tables and even some single tables for those whoever wanted to study alone but he preferred sitting on the floor while reading. He had his usual spot, and that is where he is seated.

 

If you could ask Wonwoo on what is the disadvantage of borrowing a book when reading, it's the fact that you can't highlight the parts of the book that you think was significant to you or that has made an impact on to you. The only good thing was that he has  a good memory on remembering things especially those that made a mark to him.

 

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret between the shadow and the soul." He recited over and over.

 

He was halfway through the book when he unconsciously leaned his head towards the shelf to take some nap. After a few hours, he was awaken by the cold breeze touching his skin. He decided that he would just continue reading the book in some other day because it must be getting late already and he needs to go back to the dorm. He stood up to see the library being empty and with the lights off.

 

He rushed towards the library's door to open it but he saw that it was locked from the inside. There was a paper sticking through the glass door that has some writing on it.

 

"Note..." He read.

 

"The... Library... Will be... Closed..." He struggles reading the because the words were written the other way around since it was meant for the people outside to read.

 

"From... September...  Seventeen... To... Nineteen..."

 

"In... Respect... To... The... Holiday... Celebration... Please... Be... Guided... Accordingly..."

 

'' he muttered under his breath after realizing what trouble he brought himself to.

 

After having an internal argument with himself, he decided to take a walk inside the library to search through. He's actually not scared of being stuck, he worries about what he could possibly eat inside the library for the next few days. He was roaming around when he found someone moving through the shelves.

 

Wonwoo didn't know if he should approach the man or not. But after some staring the man turned around and saw Wonwoo standing few feet away from him. The man furrowed his browns at the sight of another being inside the room. Before Wonwoo could even walk away, the man approached him.

 

"Are you by any chance a guard here or something?"

 

Wonwoo felt awkward from the question thrown at him.

 

"Uh, no?" He didn't know why he sounded unsure of his answer.

 

"Then what are you doing here?"

 

"I was reading in the corner and I accidentally slept. When I woke up, I found the doors were locked." Wonwoo explained.

 

"So you're stuck like me?"

 

"Unfortunately," He sighed.

 

"How about you? Why are you here?" Wonwoo had returned the question to the man.

 

"I needed a place to say. But I didn't expect to be locked up for the three consecutive days."

 

Wonwoo wondered why a man like him would need a place to stay. And a library? To spend your night? Isn't that something to be curious of? But he decided not to ask further questions. He didn't really know him and he wasn't aware of where the man was coming from so he wasn't one to judge.

 

"I'm Kim Mingyu by the way." He offered his hand to Wonwoo.

 

The man was tall. Probably a dew inches taller than Wonwoo. His hair was black and pushed back, like how every man in a movie would have. His skin was sun-kissed and he liked the way it is. Tan but not too dark. The man was wearing a dark cream brown cardigan that Wonwoo would never thought of complimenting a black turtleneck sweater underneath. Mingyu looked too formal for Wonwoo's liking which includes a pair of cottony gray hoodie and black jeans together with a comfortable sneakers. Wonwoo likes the type of clothing that gives him a comfy feeling. He liked everything laid back.

 

Wonwoo was hesitant at first to shake hands with him, but he still did as a sign of politeness.

 

The last thing he needed in his life is Kim Mingyu getting back at him after they both got out of the library.

 

Mingyu's hands were rough. That was the first thing Wonwoo noticed. He never really liked rough hands before but now, after shaking hands with Kim Mingyu, he liked how manly roughs hands were.