Sweet Mornings

Can we get an Order of you?

Jeongsu put Joshua’s order on the table, answering Joshua’s cute smile in return. “The frappuccino our princess ordered.” He grinned even harder as he saw Joshua’s ear turn a bit red.

“Thanks,” Joshua said. “And did my princes get the other half of my order?” If the twins wanted to play that game Joshua could play too.

“Of course,” Jeonghan said, sitting down in front of Joshua. He sat next to him yesterday at dinner; he had to be fair and let Jeongsu have the seat next to Joshua today. “The breakfast sandwich.”

Taking it, Joshua’s heart warmed. If he had to admit, it was nice being spoiled. Being taken care of like this was something new. “Thank you,” he said softly, not looking at either of them. He knew though that they were staring, trying to gauge his reaction as always.

Jeongsu the back of his head, tangling his fingers in his hair. “We want you happy and healthy.”

“So, getting you food and your daily fix of coffee will be a part of our morning routine for life,” Jeonghan said. “If that’s all right with you?”

Joshua knew what he was implying. Looking up at Jeonghan, he gave a shy smile. “It’s a future I can see.”

And that was enough to get the twins smiling so hard Joshua was afraid their faces would spilt open.

He let Jeongsu continue playing with his hair as he ate, talking softly to Jeonghan in between bites. This was nice. A quiet morning date.

A phone started ringing, taking Jeonghan’s attention off of Joshua. Jeongsu frowned. He recognized that ringtone.

“I’ll be right back,” Jeonghan said.

Joshua nodded. “Jeongsu will keep me company while you’re gone.”


“This better be a state of emergency,” Jeonghan practically snarled into his phone. He loved his friends but he was on a date, with the love of their lives.

“Crisis!” Seungkwan screamed. “I asked him out!”

Jeonghan pulled the phone away from his ear.

“And he’s freaking out,” Seokmin said, snickering, He must’ve taken the phone away from Seungkwan. “Come and help him please.”

Sighing, Jeonghan grunted. “Fine. But you two are interrupting our date you know.”

“It’s an important one?” Seokmin perked up, getting dirt on the one the twins were into would be something to hold over the rest of the group.

“We’ll see you guys in a bit,” Jeonghan said, not giving anything away. “Bye kids.”


When he walked back to their table, he felt a smile on his face. Joshua was laughing and his eyes were shining. Whatever Jeongsu was telling him had him in stitches.

“Everything ok,” Joshua asked, letting the laughter die down.

Jeonghan shook his head. “Boy problems that we need to help diffuse.” His heart clenched as he watched Joshua’s face fall a bit. “Sorry sweet.”

Joshua shook his head. “No. It’s ok. Friends are important too.” He gave them a rueful grin. “We get interrupted a lot don’t we?”

“Too many times,” Jeongsu groaned. He leaned in and gave Joshua a kiss on his cheek. “I wanted to stay with you the whole day.”

Jeonghan moved to Joshua’s side, crouching down. He too gave Joshua a kiss on the cheek. “Me too.”

Joshua hummed. “Next time. You two owe me now.” He leaned in and gave Jeongsu a kiss on the lips, softly as Jeongsu them as he pulled away. Turning around, he gave Jeonghan one too, letting them linger so Jeonghan wouldn’t feel jealous.

Jeonghan at the seam of Joshua’s lips, smirking as they parted. He dove in, deepening the kiss a bit, letting his tongue caress Joshua’s before pulling away. “Your kisses taste sweet too.”

“The sugar,” Joshua panted lightly.

“You always escalate without me,” Jeongsu whined. “Shua, I want to French kiss too.” His phone chose to go off as he finished his sentence.

Chuckling, Joshua shook his head. “Next time,” he promised. “Maybe. If we get to know each other better. We can kiss longer. And get in some touching too.” He fluttered his lashes at them, smirking ever so slightly as he watched their eyes glaze over. No doubt they were imagining the time they made out in the club. “You two better go answer your friend’s call for help.”

Jeonghan stood up, reluctant to leave Joshua. “Next time.”

Jeongsu bit back a whine of protest, grabbing his phone to silence it. “Promise?”

Joshua nodded, fighting back a giggle at how cute they were. “Yea.”