Chapter 4

Endless Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is the big day. Well, it’s Somi, Chungha, Kyulkyung, and Chaeyeon’s big day. How about Sejeong’s? Hers was yesterday. As expected, the basketball team won. There wasn’t any doubt about it and it wasn’t something new. So, she promised to treat everyone after this dance competition.

Somi has been busy in the past three days, preparing clothes, style, and make up. Yet she still took time to watch Sejeong’s match. So, to return the favor, Sejeong and her other friends decide to come and support the dance team.

“Kim Sejeong!” Nayoung speaks as soon as she picks up the call. “Where the hell are you?”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I’m two minutes away.” She answers in between her breath.

“Tsk. Hurry up or we’re going without you, Sejeong.”

“Yes yes. Sorry,” she ends up the call and running faster.

They agree to meet at the school and go to the Skyline High, where the competition takes place and which an hour away, with Doyeon’s and Nayoung’s car. Sejeong is late apparently because she woke up late. It’s a lame excuse, of course. She was busy making props to be ready supporting her friends restlessly.

Sejeong arrives five minutes later, with sweat all over her body. She quickly apologizes while trying to catch her breath.

“What are you bringing, Sejeong?” asks Sohye as she grabs one of the plastic bags in Sejeong’s hand.

“Some props,” she let Sohye holds the bag and walks toward the car. “Hurry, we’re late.”

*****

The event is about to start when they arrived so they hurriedly sit on the chair located at the middle of the concert hall. After making sure everyone gets the seat, Sejeong gives the props she prepared to Nayoung and Sohye and asks them to distribute it to the rest of them.

“Doyeon-ah, come on.”

“Huh? Come on? Where are we going, Sejeong?” Doyeon rises her brows.

“Backstage,” she answers coolly as she stands up and takes one of the bag which she brought from home.

“Oh, right. Let’s go.”

“Sejeong-ah, what’s that?” asks Doyeon as they walk out of the hall.

“Just some snacks for them.”

“Only the four of them? How about the rest of us, Mom?” Doyeon says playfully who gets a light slap on her .

Somi, Chungha, Kyulkyung and Chaeyeon still doing their makeup when Sejeong and Doeyeon show up at the waiting room. Sejeong’s eyes meet Somi’s as soon as she steps in to the room.

“Oh? Sejeong-aaaaaah! Doyeon! You guys came!!” Somi exclaims happily while her eyes twinkle.

“Of course,” Sejeong states as she puts on the Somi’s desk and takes a seat on the chair besides her. “Won’t miss it for the world. The rest of the girls are waiting for you guys in the hall.”

“What’s that, Sejeong-ah?” Chungha sees the move.

“That?” Sejeong points at the bag. “Lemon juice with honey and beef sandwich.”

“Yah, Kim Sejeong! Why are you always playing favorite? How about us?”

Somi giggles at Kyulkyung’s outburst and opens the bag. “There’s four of them here, Kyulkyung.”

Somi hands out the rest of the juice and sandwich to the others after saving one for herself. Then, she looks at the mirror only to find Sejeong is already staring at her. She mouths ‘thank you’ and receives an eye-smile.

“Anyway, when are you guys going to perform?”

“We got ninth out of fifteen, so…” Chaeyeon replies and calculates quickly. “About another one and half hour.”

“Still a long way to go.”

“Yeah.”

“Fighting! You should take the first place and treat us with something tasty!”

“Yes for the first place, but no for treating.” Chungha speaks.

Sejeong laughs at the sulking Doyeon. “I’ll tell Mina about this! Wait for it, Chungha!”

“You go first. I’m staying here just in case these girls need anything.” Sejeong suggests while her eyes still fix on her phone.

Chaeyeon rolls her eyes because she knows what Sejeong actually means and laughs her heart out when Doyeon literally speaks what she just thought.

“Pfft, you’re staying just in case Somi needs anything not the rest of the girls, right?” and she leaves the room.

“That kid needs some lessons.” Sejeong looks at her watch and realizes she already spen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter