Chapter 2

Endless Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They walk together to the school cafeteria. As popular students, all eyes fix on them wherever and whenever. They’re famous for their beauty, intelligence, talent, and kindness.

That is why, even though they’re still in their freshmen year, some of them managed to become the captain or leader of their own club.

“Chaeyeon-ah, I heard you got two more buckets this morning. Are they also roses? Are they from him? Or her this time?” Kyulkyung teases Chaeyeon who walks in front of her.

Chaeyeon stops and glares at her. “No,” she continues walking.

“Stop teasing her, Kyulkyung.” Sohye hits her arm lightly. Kyulkyung just laughs and walks beside Chaeyeon, linking her arm together.

The cafeteria is already packed when they arrived. Yoojung seems to search for someone and her eyes are gleaming when she finds what she’s looking for.

“There they are!” she tells the other girls while pointing at one of the tables near the big windows. She leads them and walks toward the table.

“What took you guys so long?” Yeonjung asks as soon as the girls sit down.

“Doyeon needs to take care of her business. And Chaeyeon needs to take care of her fans,” Kyulkyung smirks.

“Shut up,” Chaeyeon sounds annoyed.

“Kyulkyung stop bothering her! Do you want her to write a bad report about you?” Somi says from the other end of the table.

“Did she annoy Chae again?” Sejeong—who sits in front of Somi—asks.

Somi nods. “All the way to here.”

“Another secret admirer? With flower?”

“Apparently, yes.”

Sejeong chuckles. It’s not a new information anymore. Chaeyeon, together with Kyulkyung, Doyeon, and Somi are the most famous between the eleven. They have more admirers and receive more gifts than the other.

“Sejeong-ah. You watch the table, yes? We’re going to the counter first.” Chungha says, cutting Sejeong and Somi’s conversation off.

“Sure. Go ahead. I’ll go with Somi later,” she smiles and watches everyone walks toward the counter.

“Did you receive any?” Sejeong asks Somi when everyone is gone.

“What?” Somi looks at her questioningly.

“Flower? Gift? Anything?”

“Nope. Why?”

Sejeong doesn’t know why, but she feels happy inside. A huge grin starts to spread on Sejeong’s face. “Great. I don’t have to carry anything when we go home, right?” she lies.

“Really? Sejeong?” Somi rolls her eyes.

“Kidding,” she laughs. “Anyway, what’s on today’s menu?”

“I heard it’s chicken stew. Don’t know the other.”

“Yes! I’m craving for stew.”

“Come on, then. They’re done.” Somi nods her head toward the girls and stands up. Sejeong stands up as well.

On their way to the counter, a group of girls show up, blocking their way.

“Hi… Se-Sejeong…” one girl stutters. “Th-this is f-for you. Fighting.” She and her friends are running away after giving Sejeong two bottles of sports drink.

“Hey!” Sejeong tries to call them but no one stop. She sighs and looks at the bottle. A post-it stuck on one of the bottles. It turns out that they are Sejeong’s senior who always watch Sejeong’s match.

Somi watches everything in silent with a huge smirk on her face.

“Ooooooooh! Kim Sejeong have another admirer!” Somi laughs and claps her hands excitedly.

Sejeong shushes her. “Please don’t tell the girls. Please, Somi-ah? Pretty please.” She begs and gives Somi her puppy eyes.

“I’ll think about it,” Somi pats Sejeong’s left cheek and walks away.

“Yaaaaaaah!” Sejeong whines and pouts cutely.

*****

After racking their brains for about five hours straight, finally they’re done for today. It’s five o’clock in the afternoon when the bell is ringing. Math is the last subject in Somi’s class. Because math will never be not complicated and difficult, the class hasn’t dismissed yet.

Somi remembers how Sejeong always complained how hard math is and always chose to sleep whenever Somi tried to teach her. Then, she always makes Somi to buy her some ice creams if she fails on exam.

Somi shakes her head and tries to get her attention back to the whiteboard. But, someone’s head behind the window near the door steals her attention.

Sejeong is grinning and waving her hands when Somi sees her. The latter just stares at Sejeong with her eyes wide open.

Somi silentl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter