Chapter 1

Endless Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mom, did you see my blazer?” she shouts from her room while continuously opening all the drawers, checking her clothes.

“Don’t mess it up, Somi. I’ll check the laundry.”

She stops whatever she’s doing. Grabbing her bag, she walks out of her room. The first thing Somi sees when she enters the kitchen to have breakfast is Sejeong, sitting at the dining table, enjoying her toast.

Somi pulls the chair next to Sejeong and sit on it. When Somi grabs a plate, Sejeong naturally gives her some toast and pours the water into Somi’s glass.

“Thanks,” she bites the toast then cranes her neck to get a better view of the laundry room. “Mom, have you found it yet?”

Seconds after, her mother come out of the room with her blazer. “Sorry. I forgot to put it in your room.”

“It’s okay. Thank you, Mom.” She wears the blazer and asking Sejeong’s opinion. The latter just gives her two thumbs up.

“Anyway, why are you having breakfast here?” their eyes meet. Before Sejeong could answer the question, Somi’s mother cuts her off.

“I asked her to do that, Somi. Her parents are going to her hometown this dawn.”

“Oh? Is everything okay?” she stares at Sejeong.

Sejeong nods. “My grandma is sick. They will be back this evening. Fortunately, it’s not too severe.”

“Thank God. Hope she’ll be okay.”

“Yeah.”

“Kids, hurry. It’s nearly seven o’clock.”

“Relax, Mom.” Somi rolls her eyes but still gets up from her seat and carries her bag. Sejeong follows her suit.

“Auntie, thank you for the breakfast!” Sejeong says and waves her hand as they walk out of Somi’s house. Somi’s mother is also waving her hand, watching everything with a smile.

Sejeong and Somi have been friends since they were babies. They grow up with each other. They go to the same school since elementary. Because Sejeong’s house is in front of Somi’s, she always comes to Somi’s house and walk to the school together.

Their houses are quite far from the school. That’s why they need to take a bus for about ten minutes.

“It’s here!” Somi jumps from her seat. “Come on, Sejeong.”

Sejeong chuckles and lines up behind her. Sejeong is always looking for an empty seat for Somi. If all seats are occupied, she keeps Somi close to her. Fortunately, there’s one seat near the exit.

“Sit.”

“How about you?”

“It’s okay. Hurry up!”

“Fine,” she takes a seat. “Give me your bag.”

Unexpectedly, there isn’t much traffic and they arrived at the school a little earlier than usual. They walk slowly from the bus stop to the school gate.

“Are you going to practice later?” Sejeong asks all of a sudden.

“I think so. The competition is next week. Why?”

“Nothing.”

“You don’t have to wait for me, Sejeong.”

“I’m no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter