Chapter 6

Greed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook was finally out of the company. Secretary Min had left early and so had CEO Kim.

It was strange that they had left so early when it was the interns first day. Didn't they have to set an example or something like that?

Jungkook pulled out his phone and texted Jimin.

 

*To: Jimin

You almost out of work

*From: Jimin

Nope, I have to work overtime, I got assigned to a VIP room. Go home first ill text when I leave work. 

 

Jungkook put his phone away. He hated going home alone. He got onto the elevator and hit the first floor. He ed his head with the elevator music, his friends always found it weird that he danced to any type of music.

The door opened and he stepped out the elevator. He passed the security gate and headed for the front entrance.

He looked at the front desk an waved goodbye to the lady.

"Have a good night sir." Jungkook turned and saw the security man. 

"Same for you." He smiled at the man and faced forward again. He had never been so happy to be at work. He looked at his name tag and smiled. 

 

Jungkook sat at the bus stop, by himself, looking through the pictures on his phone. He had a lot of pictures of Jimin and him with Jimin.They had been friends since middle school. Jimin had always been his sidekick, they were inseparable, He also had some pictures with Jin.Them three had gone on vacation two months ago. Jin was a guy they had met in High school. he was like their mother he cared for them so much. He visited them every weekend and brought them food.

            

He kept scrolling through his pictures and came across a picture he didn't expect to see ever again. It was JInwoo. He stared at the picture frozen, he quickly deleted the image. What was it still doing on his phone? He thought he had gotten rid of them all.

A car stopped in front of the bus stop. Jungkook looked up. The window rolled down.CEO Kim sat inside."Are you heading home?" He shouted at Jungkook.

Jungkook nodded. "Yes, I am."

Taehyung faced forward again and unlocked the door. "Get in ill give you a ride." He turned to Jungkook again. "And we need to talk."Jungkook slowly stood up and placed his phone in his pocket. 

“I can get home myself, the bus should be here soon.” He bowed to CEO Kim. 

Taehyung laughed “Your CEO is offering you a ride. You should be polite and accept.” Jungkook looked around for the bus. 

“You don’t need to worry about me, sir.” He looked down at his hands. Taehyung sighed. He unbuckled his seatbelt got off the car and walked towards Jungkook. 

“Let me be nice this once Jungkook” Taehyung grabbed Jungkook by the wrist and walked him towards the car. 

Jungkook became stiff, he followed but he felt scared, nervous, why was the CEO doing this? Taehyung opened the door and signaled for Jungkook to go inside. Jungkook slightly bowed and went in the car. Taehyung closed the door for him and went over to the driver side of the car and got inside. Taehyung looked over at Jungkook and smiled. 

“Ok. Let’s go.” Taehyung remained staring at Jungkook. 

“Is something wrong CEO?” Jungkook was a bit concerned. 

Taehyung smiled. “Put on your seatbelt or I’ll put it on you drama style.” 

Drama style? “Ah!” Jungkook quickly put his seatbelt on and faced forward. “Ok, we can go now.” 

Taehyung put the car on drive and they left. 

“Which direction is your house?” They stopped at the light. 

“Just keep going straight, I’ll tell you when to turn.” Jungkook held tightly on to the seatbelt. 

“Are you scared?” Taehyung looked at Jungkook. 

“Scared? No, but knowing you almost ran over someone last time I saw you. I don’t feel too safe.” Jungkook slowly let go of the seatbelt. 

Taehyung let out a breath. “That was a one-time thing. I got distracted because of my brother. He seemed upset and I wanted to know why so I turned away for a bit and then you know the rest.” 

“That’s still no excuse.” Jungkook was beginning to get a bit upset. “You should have been focused. You could have waited until you were home.” 

Taehyung nodded.”I know I know but that’s why I have been wanting to talk to you. I wanted to apologize to you and your friend.” 

“Did you follow me after work to apologize?” Jungkook squinted. 

“No that was just a coincidence. I was heading this way and happened to see you.” Taehyung stopped at a red light and turned to Jungkook. “Why is your friend not with you today? I was hoping you two were here together.”

“He had to work late today so I had to head home alone.” He faced Taehyung and smiled. “The light is green.” Taehyung faced forward and drove. Jungkook leaned forward and looked around. “You can turn on that street and then make a left on the next stop.” 

Taehyung the street. “When can I meet up with your friend? I want to sincerely apologize to him.” 

Jungkook thought for a bit. “Maybe during lunch tomorrow, we usually have lunch together. Ah, no but you will want to have lunch with your friends.” 

“No, it’s fine, lunch sounds fine. How about you invite him over to my office for lunch?” Taehyung stopped at the stop sign. 

“I’ll tell him and see what he says” 

Taehyung turned left. “Which house is it?” He drove slowly. 

“It’s the blue house with the black fence over their.” Jungkook pointed at a blue house it was second to last. It was cute little house. Not too big but enough to live in it comfortably. 

Taehyung parked the car in front of the house. “Don’t get off, I’ll open the door.” Taehyung quickly got off the car and went to the passenger side. He opened the door for Jungkook. 

Jungkook stepped out the car and Taehyung closed the door behind him. He faced Taehyung. 

“Thank you for the ride.” He bowed.  

“Don’t thank me it’s the least I could do. Just remember to tell your friend to come over to the office tomorrow.” He smiled at Jungkook 

“Don’t worry sir, I won’t forget.” Jungkook smiled back.

Taehyung turned to go back to his car but as he was about to start walking a guy on a bike drove by right in front of him. Taehyung leaned backward to avoid it but ended up falling. 

Jungkook screamed after the guy. “Ya!! You son of a... get back here and apologize.” 

Taehyung groaned. He looked his hand, he had a small scratch on his hand. 

“CEO are you ok? Can you get up?” Jungkook leaned down and helped Taehyung stand. 

Taehyung dusted himself. “I’m fine. I just got a small scratch on my hand nothing to worry about.” 

Jungkook grabbed his arm and looked at the scratch on his hand. “It’s bleeding.” Jungkook looked up at Taehyung. “Let go inside so you can wash your hand. It wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter