3. Want

Their Alpha

"Seeehuuuun!" Jongin whined loud enough to gather some unwanted attention. The taller of two young men scowled. 

"What?" Sehun hissed. 

"I want this." Jongin held up some random t-shirt that did not strike Sehun as anything extraordinary. It was just a plain shirt that one could purchase just about anywhere. 

Sehun raised a brow. "So buy it and stop making a scene?"

To this the other promptly pouted, as Sehun should have guessed from the other. In the almost year-long friendship the two have had, Jongin has been somewhat of a challenging company to keep. One moment he could act his age, all shy and quiet though, and the next one he could be allowing his omega hormones get the best of him. When unmonitored Jongin would spontaneously whimper, sometimes even cry, about the littlest of things— last week it was over Sehun killing a spider! It was hard for Sehun to grasp at first, he himself was an omega and never behaved like Jongin did. But after meeting the other's family, Sehun quickly came to an understanding— Jongin had two older sisters who were betas. All his life he was babied and coddled and just allowed to be a bratty omega whenever it suited him. It did not help that all of his male cousins were alphas either, being the only omega in the family can certainly lead to different results of upbringing. 

Sehun sighed, trying to be patient with his friend who obviously had entered a needy-omega mindset. Sehun could relate to that, he's been there and Jongin has helped him through it too. 

"What's wrong? Why are you pouting?" Sehun asked directly. 

"I want you to buy it for me." Jongin explained, a small smile forming over the old pout. 

"No." Sehun immediately rejected and the pout was instantly back on Jongin's face. 

"Whyyyy?!" Jongin wailed. 

"It's just a plain tshirt, you have like three of the exact same at home!" Sehun reasoned. 

"Yeah but none of them you bought me." Jongin muttered. 

"Why do I need to buy you anything? Don't you have a job?" Sehun inquired. 

"Not anymore, my parents made me quit because my grades weren't so great last semester. They want me to just focus on school work this upcoming year." 

"Still, I don't see why I should buy you anything just because you want it." Sehun wasn't going to relent. 

Kai huffed, refolded the shirt and put it back. "I'm tired, take me home." 

"Okay," Sehun said a bit awkwardly. It was Jongin who came banging on your front door this morning demanding to go out today, but if he wanted to head home not even two hours after being out, then Sehun wasn't going to argue. 

The two started towards Jongin's parents' house, when an ice cream shop came into view.  

"Sehun," Jongin gasped, pointing excitedly. 

"Let me guess, I should buy you ice cream since I refused to buy you that shirt?" When met with fervent nods Sehun sighed but complied. "Fine, but I'm only paying for a single scoop." 

"I want a double scoop!"

Sehun rolled his eyes. "You never finish the double scoop, you make me eat your leftovers every time." 

"That's why you always order a single scoop though! So I can have two flavors but only consume the amount of a single scoop and you consume two scoops still and get to try new things!" Jongin explained like it was an obvious and well-established arrangement, which it kind of was, but Sehun didn't want to inadvertently agree that choosing plain vanilla ice cream every time they went out made him boring. 

"Order what you want," Sehun huffed when the two finally entered the shop. Jongin cheered. 

Sehun ordered a scoop of plain vanilla, as usual, and today Jongin got a scoop of peanut butter ice cream and a scoop of strawberry. It was not as adventurous as some of the other combinations Sehun has seen the guy try, but it was still an unusual combination. 

By the time the duo were finished Jongin was back to his usual, not omega-hormone-driven, self and declared he would rather go to the arcade instead of going home. Sehun happily agreed seeing as the other was no longer being whiny and obnoxious. Maybe Jongin was just hungry, Sehun thought. 

The two young men were halfway to the arcade across town, the best one Sehun swears, when it hits the darker haired one. 

"Sehun," Jongin gently called. "Are you alright?" 

A shiver ran down the omega's back as he broke out in a cold sweat suddenly. A groan eases its way pass Sehun's lips before he can clutch his forehead in pain. 

"Jongin," Sehun nearly whimpered. Bringing his arms up the younger gestured to Jongin to come hug him. 

It was one of those times that a sudden rut hit him and there was little relief to be found when one wasn't ually active. Jongin has offered to help ease Sehun's rut by a , after all they were best friends and as an omega himself he understood the frustrations of a rut. As a male omega you couldn't just find someone to help you along, because omegas don't approach potential mates when they are in the midst of a rut, same goes for female omegas in heat. It's like the shut down in a way, repelling anyone unknown or untrustworthy until the biological storm passes. But Sehun always declined Jongin. There was no way in hell he was going to begin his ual endeavors with others by hooking up with his friend— especially if all his friend was offering was ! No, Sehun had his own hands, and he had his pride. He just needed to get home to take care of himself. 

"Jongin, carry me." Sehun simply demanded. 

The slightly older man sighed before chuckling. "Hop on," he instructed as he squatted in front of Sehun. 

Sehun snuggled his face into the back of Jongin's neck, relaxing to the familiar scent of his friend. 

"If you scent-mark me like you did last month I'm going to beat you up as soon as your rut is over," Jongin threatened playfully. 

"I'll scent mark you if I wanna," Sehun mumbled. 

"You know Sehunnie we could still be celibate mates together," Jongin cooed. 

"Shut up. I want an actual mate I can someday." 

"You say that, but you always deny my offers of assistance—"

"I thought you were only into women?!" Sehun snapped, getting irritated as his rut started to cloud his head with hormones and make him uncomfortable. 

"I am," Jongin stressed. "But chances of getting a female mate as an omega man, are slim to none! We've been over this!" 

"Whatever, I'm not letting you be the first person near my in a ual way." 

"Oh? So as soon as you lose your precious ity you'll beg me to play with your every rut?" Jongin teased. 

"You are the gayest straight man I've ever met. Shut up already, you talk too much!" 

"Okay Sehunnie, you rest and I'll get you home." Jongin giggled as he continued to hike towards Sehun's family's condo with the in-rut omega on his back.