5. Boba

Their Alpha

Jongin didn't know why he was doing this. He didn't know why he kept bothering his cousins to scent him like an alpha every time he knew he would be seeing you. Originally he thought it was because he was under the impression that you were not fond of omegas, which was the case for the most part at the start. But over time Jongin began to realize he felt just the slightest bit more confident around you when he carried the scent of an alpha. Jongin was sure you would still like him as a friend even if you knew he was an omega, but Jongin wasn't ready to give up his disguise. 

When Jongin was hit with sudden omega-hormones that made him needy and clingy you deem it as his alpha's possessive side. You allowed Jongin to wrap an arm around your shoulders and snuggle into you. You let Jongin be greedy and told your other friends Jongin just wasn't social and you would see them later— when truthfully Jongin just wanted you for himself because he was a spoiled omega. All the clear behavioral traits of an omega got brushed off by you, Jongin never had to explain himself because you always just came up with excuses for him and alpha explanations for his behavior. After about a month of this Jongin was just so used to the dynamics of your friendship that it didn't even occur to him what he was doing was deceptive and manipulative. 

But Jongin couldn't understand why he continued, even after you told him that you knew he wasn't an alpha. 

"Still wearing your alpha's scent?" You teasingly asked. Jongin cheeks flushed, you just shook your head chuckling. "Where's Sehun at? I brought him chocolate bubble tea today." 

"He said he will be running a little late today." Jongin explained as he took a seat beside you at the small round table. 

The last few weeks you've been hanging out with the two omegas, deeming them as great company. Sehun hardly showed any of the classic signs of a needy omega, in fact if it weren't for his scent you would have definitely pegged him as at least a beta. He was certainly on the skinny side, but his calm demeanor and tall stature made him seem so much not like an omega. You took to liking him quite quickly after meeting him and have hardly hung out with anyone else on campus these last few weeks. 

"There he is!" You exclaimed when a familiar face appeared through the side doors. You waited patiently for Sehun to make it to the table before you jumped from your seat and practically tackled him. "Sehunnie, I brought you a surprise today." You said excitedly. 

"Oh yeah? What is i— oh my god I love you." Sehun gasped when he saw his favorite beverage from his favorite place. 

You giggled. "See? You can never say your alpha doesn't take care of you!" It was an ongoing joke that you had claimed Sehun the moment you met him, you never held back your comments about how attractive you found him to be. Sehun never said much back when you complimented him, mostly just thanked you politely before the topic was changed. 

"Why don't you ever bring me gifts and surprises?" Jongin asked with a clearly forced pour, but you could tell there was some genuine hurt behind his words. 

"I tutor you for free and spend way more time with you! You're not seriously jealous of me getting Sehun a drink, right?" You raised a brow. 

Jongin shrugged. You rolled your eyes. And Sehun slurped his drink. 

"Do you have work today? If not you should come watch Jongin and I practice for our dance recital coming up. We've gotten the choreo near perfect." Sehun offered. 

"That sounds like fun, I don't have work but I do have a meeting with an academic advisor at four today. If it's after that then I'll be there." You promised. 

Jongin's palms began to sweat and he mentally cursed. Dancing meant he'd be getting hot and sweaty, which meant his natural scent would become stronger and more potent... Which meant you would finally be able to smell him completely and not his cousins... 

"." Jongin mumbled before beginning a coughing fit to cover up his verbal slip.