2. Friends

Their Alpha

Jongin was uncomfortable. He was usually fairly uncomfortable, but he was extremely uneasy at this very given moment. 

"Why are you sitting with me?" The young man inquired in a flat tone, void of all emotion but Jongin still felt as though he was annoying the other with his presence. 

"Be-Because we, we've bonded?" Jongin stuttered out as more of a question than a statement, like he needed the other's confirmation of the claim to be actually sure. 

The darker hair man sighed. "If that's what you want to call attending the same high school." 

"I, I just don't really make friends easily. You know what that's like right?" Jongin practically whimpered, and Sehun wanted to take pity on the other for that. 

"I guess." There was lazy shrug accompanying the half-disinterested reply. 

"I was hoping, since we're the same, that we could be friends and stick together." It sounded more of a plea than suggestion, and at this Sehun raised a brow.

"In what way are we the same?" He asked, finally showing some interest in the conversation. 

"We're both omegas." Jongin said it how someone would expect to hear something so obvious being explained. 

"So?"

Jongin balked at the simple reply. His cheap bravado was given up finally, taking Sehun as indifferent and disinterested. As he began to get up to leave the table the other stopped him. 

"Wait," Sehun reached out for Jongin's sleeve. Jongin paused before glancing to the other. "You always had your little protective group in high school who looked out for you. Where are all of them now?" 

Jongin flashed a bittersweet smirk. "Those guys are my cousins, most of them have found mates since starting university. I've been sort of pushed to the back burner lately and have been getting kind of lonely." 

"So you want to hang around another lonely omega to occupy yourself until your alpha finds you?" It wasn't meant to sound so harsh, Sehun was just a blunt individual. 

"Even if I find my mate I would want to have a friend." Jongin spoke honestly. "It's hard befriending alphas and betas, cause they always want to try and seduce an omega. There's really no other omega guys I know, and all the girls think I want to be their gay best friend even though I tell them I'm not even into other men!" 

Sehun snorted. "I know what that's like. Tough though, I don't really know of any shewolves into omega men. We aren't exactly a valued commodity." 

Jongin took a seat again, this time beside Sehun instead of across from him. "Well I don't want a freaking guy as a mate! I am strictly into women only!" 

This time Sehun actually chuckled. "We are omegas, we don't have much choice. Alphas and betas choose mates, omegas just accept it." 

Jongin pouted. "Why don't we be mates then? I would rather be celibate than have to take a in my ..." 

Sehun's eyes widened comically. "What makes you think want to be celibate?!" 

"I just assumed since you seem all brooding and unsociable you weren't interested in a ual relationship with anyone..." Jongin reasoned as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Well you assumed wrong!" Sehun sniffed. "I very much would like to have a ual relationship in the future." 

"Even if it's with a man?" Jongin questioned. 

"Eh," Sehun shrugged. "I mean I'm pretty sure I'd prefer a woman but if a man likes me enough to mate me then I guess I would be okay with it. I just don't want to die a . Closest thing I've ed is my hand and once a pillow." Jongin sputtered, trying to hold back laughter. "Was not as good as the Internet made it seem." Sehun explained. 

"So us becoming mates is out, how about friends at least? You think I'm decent enough to hang out with?" Jongin asked. "If this guilts you at all to saying yes, I'm not a stuttering mess around you anymore which is great cause I can't keep composure for and if you reject me I probably won't be able to build enough confidence to find any other friends." 

The darker hair man chuckled, catching the other off guard. "You're something else dude, but sure. Let's be friends." 

"Really?!" 

"Yeah," Sehun shrugged. "Why the hell not."