Epilogue: Serenity

Unchanging
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fastforward

 

“Appa, I want those!”, his son pointed at the food truck selling fishcakes and kimchi tacos.

 

“You’re truly a Korean, son. In all the trucks at this state fair, you were able to find the one that sells kimchi and eomuk”, Eric chuckled.

 

His son took his hand and practically dragged him towards the food truck. “Wait, wait. Won’t you get a tummy ache? You already ate a lot. Look, you’re still holding a donut in your other hand.”

 

“But Daddy told me it was okay”, his son pouted. “Daddy!”, he shouted. “Daddy! Where are you? Appa won’t let me get eomuk!”

 

A tall and slender man hurried to the shouting kid. “What did Daddy tell you about shouting in public?” Hyesung tried to look at his son sternly but his facade cracked when he saw the pouting teary face.

 

“Sorry Daddy. But Appa… he said I couldn’t get eomuk. Remember? You said earlier I can have it for take away? Daddyyyyy you said”, the eight year old child acted so cute that Eric started to feel guilty.

 

“Look at that pout, I wonder where he learned that from”, Eric smirked at Hyesung’s direction.

 

Hyesung took his son’s shoulders and said gently, “Of course you can get the eomuk. We’ll have it for dinner at home okay? Now, what did Daddy tell you about throwing tantrums? Aren’t you a big boy now, Mun Mavin?”

 

The boy nodded his head slowly.

 

“Then?”, Hyesung said gently.

 

“I’m sorry, Appa. I was too excited. I won’t throw a tantrum again”, the boy said cutely.

 

Eric ruffled his son’s hair. “That’s okay son. Cha, let’s go get that that eomuk or else, we’ll have Daddy’s sesame chicken stew for dinner again.” Eric teased.

 

“Nooooooo. Appa, let’s hurry”, Mavin got his father’s joke and ran laughing to the food truck.

 

“Ya! My cooking is not that awful for you two to make jokes about. Is that what you’ve been teaching my son? Tsk, Eric babo.” Hyesung pouted.

 

Eric pulled Hyesung by the wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter